Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Berry- Hampton 81 Credits
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 2, 2010 20:47

Anyone know where the version of "Hail, Hail Rock and Roll" as played during the final credits on the Hampton 81 show is from? Sounds like a great version.

Any help would be great!

Re: Chuck Berry- Hampton 81 Credits
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 2, 2010 21:02

you mean School Days?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 2, 2010 22:45

To me, Of all the tours the music on the 81 tour seems to be the least "chuck Berry ish" ... Am I wrong this? Perhaps I am overlooking some of their playing on it. 75 is also Un-Berryish to me except that it had IORR and StarF*cker.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-02 22:48 by ryanpow.

Date: April 2, 2010 22:58

i think 81 represented keith at his most chuckish in some ways, actually. in addition to the sometimes played berryish starfukker, he pulls out the berry licks on his extended let me go solos..and the whole vibe of many of the TY and SG songs was a three-chord berry romp....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 2, 2010 22:59

for me in 81 Keith is pure rock and roll... Chuckish licks on 2/3 of the songs!

Date: April 2, 2010 23:00

Amused
for me in 81 Keith is pure rock and roll... Chuckish licks on 2/3 of the songs!

right - it's like what the stones would sound like with chuck as one of the guitarists....

Posted by: articzone ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:07

i will be there april 14 in st louis if anyone wants to meet up. chuck plays once a month at Blueberry Hill in U City.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:12

StonesTod
i think 81 represented keith at his most chuckish in some ways, actually. in addition to the sometimes played berryish starfukker, he pulls out the berry licks on his extended let me go solos..and the whole vibe of many of the TY and SG songs was a three-chord berry romp....

I always thought that Keith played more like Scotty Moore on a lot of numbers on the 81/82 tour.

sc uk

Date: April 2, 2010 23:36

straycatuk
StonesTod

I always thought that Keith played more like Scotty Moore on a lot of numbers on the 81/82 tour.

sc uk

"old school geetar" no matter how you look at it....

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:36

Keith always plays Berry licks but as far as Berry songs the 69 and 78 tours were the tops in my opinion. The 81 tour I thought was rather rock a billy. Even "Down The Road Apiece" was played at an unappealing speed and Ron took the lead on "20 Flight Rock." We didnt get another Berry offering until 97,did we?

Date: April 2, 2010 23:42

scottkeef
Keith always plays Berry licks but as far as Berry songs the 69 and 78 tours were the tops in my opinion. The 81 tour I thought was rather rock a billy. Even "Down The Road Apiece" was played at an unappealing speed and Ron took the lead on "20 Flight Rock." We didnt get another Berry offering until 97,did we?

true and then none after '99. thought LQ was the singular highlight of the entire b2b tour, too....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:50

it just struck me they haven't played Chuck in the 00s at all... oh hell!
they did some great tributes (especially to Otis), but nothing from Berry... that's weird!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 3, 2010 05:07

I forgot about Down the Road a piece. I also forogot about Neighbors, that has a big influcence. OverallThere's probably a lot of Chuck in whatever stones songs keith plays or played. I do agree tho that the 81 tour has a rock-a-billy feel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-03 05:09 by ryanpow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home