Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Ray Manzarek & Robby Krieger of The Doors - worht to go?
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 5, 2010 15:49

Heeey...

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: April 5, 2010 20:58

Krieger and Manzarek are great. I'd go in a minute.

Date: April 14, 2010 13:54

they are playing down the road from me on june 7th. i'm a huge doors fan. maybe i should go

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 14, 2010 14:14

i saw them some years ago (2006 or so) with Ian Astbury in Frankfurt. There were about 4.000 people I would say. I was front row and it was a realy great gig. Spanish Caravan was one of the highlights for me. and by the way, they never play The End because this was Jims Song.

Date: April 15, 2010 01:59

so are we 100% sure who the singer is because they came last year and it listed the singer but this year they are playing the same venue and it says "special guest singer"

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 15, 2010 09:49

The singer here is Brett Scallions. I have a ticket, but I wonder if the show will take place - the tickets don't sell at all. The prices are ridiculous - much more than FOS Rolling Stones tickets.

I can only blame the local promoter, since the tickets are twice the price than in Britain. (The average income here is...I don't know...3x, 4x, 5x less than there).

It is the same as with ABC&D of Boogie Woogie. The ticket prices were much higher than in Switzerland or Austria and the result was that Charlie and the guys were playing to a half-empty theatre (but the people who were there were great and the band had a great time I believe).

I don't get it why the promoters ruin concerts like that - if the tickets were half the price, they would surely sell more than twice as much of them. And I really don't blame the musicians, since the ticket prices in other countries, where people earn more, are much lower. Sad.

Date: April 29, 2010 05:11

according to the doors facebook brett scallions is not the singer. the U.S. dates will feature this guy:

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 29, 2010 06:50

Brue
Always seems like there are strong reactions to the Doors. Almost like the Stones but not quite as intense. The way I look at shows is that if you don't go, then you don't really know what you missed. Manzarek and Krieger can both still play well, and like someone said, I think Kreiger's better than he was 40 years ago.

Almost like the Stones except for the part where they weren't as good as musicians, didn't write as good songs, didn't come from the same country, etc. Other than that they're just like them.

Date: April 29, 2010 06:57

71Tele
Brue
Always seems like there are strong reactions to the Doors. Almost like the Stones but not quite as intense. The way I look at shows is that if you don't go, then you don't really know what you missed. Manzarek and Krieger can both still play well, and like someone said, I think Kreiger's better than he was 40 years ago.

Almost like the Stones except for the part where they weren't as good as musicians, didn't write as good songs, didn't come from the same country, etc. Other than that they're just like them.

the musicians in the doors were miles ahead of the guys in the stones

Date: April 29, 2010 07:02

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Brue

You think? Maybe. But at least Mick Jagger didn't have poetry pretensions (thank God.)

Always interesting to see what other bands people here like. Everything from ACDC to Springsteen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-29 07:03 by 71Tele.

Date: April 29, 2010 07:12

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Brue

You think? Maybe. But at least Mick Jagger didn't have poetry pretensions (thank God.)

Always interesting to see what other bands people here like. Everything from ACDC to Springsteen.

i listen to almost everything

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 29, 2010 07:18

71Tele

Yes, I had the misfortune of going to one of those shows in December 1968. The Doors played 5 or 6 songs, then Jim sat down and read poety for a half hour, and it wasn't even a good reading!

Date: April 29, 2010 08:44

BluzDude
71Tele

Yes, I had the misfortune of going to one of those shows in December 1968. The Doors played 5 or 6 songs, then Jim sat down and read poety for a half hour, and it wasn't even a good reading!

My band actually opened for Henry Rollins of Black Flag's poetry reading once. Horrible.

Date: April 29, 2010 08:54

well lets see. jim morrison was a poet who was hired to front a band so forgive him if he did poetry while in the doors. thats what he did first

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 29, 2010 09:01

keefriffhard4life
well lets see. jim morrison was a poet who was hired to front a band so forgive him if he did poetry while in the doors. thats what he did first

But the show should have been advertised as such, and as I said before, it wasn't good, maybe if they advertised it as a poetry reading and held the show in a 2000 theater instead of an 18,000 seat echo chamber, the result might have been different.

Date: April 29, 2010 09:42

BluzDude
keefriffhard4life

But the show should have been advertised as such, and as I said before, it wasn't good, maybe if they advertised it as a poetry reading and held the show in a 2000 theater instead of an 18,000 seat echo chamber, the result might have been different.

what show was this? i've never seen a doors show where jim did 30+ minutes of poetry in the middle of a show

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 04:04

just saw them in redbank,most amazing show ever,new singer dave brock,manzarek and kreiger,2 best musicians ive seen in any band(and ive seen them all)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 5, 2011 04:31

I'm a big Doors fan and I'll say this, WITHOUT Manzarek and Kreiger, Jim Morrison would be just another singer in a bar band. Those two were just as much if not more important to the sound of the Doors as Jim's voice.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 5, 2011 06:07

Thank you for this post Bluz Dude. Jim could be sooo boring especially when he was getting ready to start drinking.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home