Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What do you like /dislike most about this board
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:37

Pick two answers for each question .

I like :

1/ that IORR provided /disclosed so many good and interesting informations by the unselfishness of its posters.( I can explicate )

2/the idea that I am in touch with other Stones members all around the world .

I dislike :

1/ the too high rate of the threads everyday
It's a shame because I can't read all of them :-)
But Hey ! Am I not adding another one right now ?cool smiley
Anyway ,it leads to the fact that many interesting threads go to the toilet because they get no answer.

And still,we get these same threads like "if the Stones tour next year,are you gonna go" again & again ....

2/ It's very personal but too often ,I have the feeling of not being taken seriously when I post about the Stones .
I mean,I get answers when it's an OT thread but when it's a Stones related one ..that's another story.
Due to what ? I don't know .The fact I am not an English native speaker could be one reason although I've noticed that some American or English people get the same "treatment"
Sometimes I am just wondering if ,when I first registered on IORR , saying I was a man instead of a woman would have make the difference .tongue sticking out smiley

Your turn now .
Sway smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: What do you like /dislike most about this board
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:45

I dislike threads which are just repeats of the same old song and dance without any real new information or interesting content.

I also dislike people pulling power plays and dissing folks who actually do have contributions, just because they don't like them or don't believe them.

I love the occasional link to some obscure band or song which ends up rocking my world.

I also love the simple , quick to load format of the message board, it works really well, thanks bv.

Also I love the first hand stories that sometimes get posted , people's first Stone's concert or when they were sleeping with Jimi Hendrix or whatever. Being from the USA I get a kick out of the European flavor of most of the posters and especially like the contributions from down under. Those Aussie's are a pretty cool lot when it comes to the Rolling Stones.

peace.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:51

i like everything about the board. and i dislike that i like everything.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:54

Likes: Easy to use. Knowlegable fans. Made some good friends (even met a few of 'em). Got some cool boots.

Dislikes: Trolls and know-it-alls.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:56

I like it because for me over here it's the only way to keep in touch with Stones related news, people, stories,pics, music, guitars,arguments, feelings etc

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:00

I really like the access to information on Stones-related news, and often interesting OT items.

I also enjoy the analysis on certain topics, that some posters put a lot of effort into.

I particularly dislike the sarcastic remarks that some posters feel the need to always revert to...oh, wait, now I'm being sarcastic!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:01

Dislikes: The negativity here is getting ridiculous.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:02

Hi Sway...I simply can´t pick one answer,it´s just a mixture of all.

Often I speedread threads,sometimes they´re interesting,sometimes not,some I miss...no big deal.
I enjoy the humour which can be found as well as a dose of sarcasm from time to time.

Knowing no one personally here but being in contact with some ( no namedropping ) is very fine.

winking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:05

I love me a good Taylor/Wood debate.

Like less: long-winded, over-long epistles.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:06

I like the info that is shared.

I dislike repetitive threads.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:09

It's great to see the passion some people have for the band, which I share. Sure, some of it is repetitive and silly, but it's a small price to pay to participate in this forum with some real fans.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:09

What I like about IORR's Tellme:
That I can exchange ideas and learn about the music of The Rolling Stones.Some of us know more or know less than others, that's fine. What matters is that we all share a passion for the @#$%& Rolling Stones !!

I don't mind the threads. Whatever somebody wants to say or have fun with.
If I am not interested I skip it but somebody else may be into that shit.

Sometimes people argue and it seems to get personal. Usually I go to "Tell me" to chill, to relaxe so I don't get involved too much and I refuse to get agravated.
Dear Swaystones I believe that lot of people on this board respect you and value your opinion, as they should.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:16

Bliss
I love me a good Taylor/Wood debate..

LOL, you should be very happy then.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:54

Sorry that you feel you are not taken seriously on Stones related topics Sway. I will be more mindful of your posts an comment when I can. Regarding this post I would say the things I like about this board are:

a) The wealth of information that is available here not only about the Stone but about their guitars and gear and touring history

b) I have met some great people through this board from all over the world who have shared some great music with me and me with them. I'm deeply appreciative and grateful to them all!

The things I don't like are:

a) New posters are treated by some here as trolls and looked down upon as 'newbies' Such was my case when I first posted under this name a few months back. Not exactly a warm welcome.

b) The name calling that sometimes ensues when someone posts a contrary opinion on a subject or starts a thread some don't like. Hey, if you don't like, just leave it alone.

Dislikes aside, I would say my expression here has been an overwhelmingly positive one. Thanks to BV and all who have helped make it so!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 2, 2011 20:14

Stones62
New posters are treated by some here as trolls and looked down upon as 'newbies' Such was my case when I first posted under this name a few months back. Not exactly a warm welcome.

That is indeed quite an tasteless happening
Since we're on the topic about being "new" here....I find it very funny that during the years there has been some "Hi I'm new here"-threads, which has resulted in a lot of replies and welcomes, and also communication between the newcomer and the greeters. But - then....we never hear from the poster ever again! Talk about going out while being on top !

What I like about this board....among others; both the discussions, opinions, and the expertise. And some OT threads are interesting as well.

What I don't like....well; I don't make threads myself, so I can't complain about topics being made.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-02 20:31 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:28

i think we should start a new thread...same title except replace "What" with "Who" and "about" with "on"...that could be fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-02 20:28 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 2, 2011 20:30

StonesTod
i think we should start a new thread...same title except replace "What" with "Who" and "about" with "on"...that could be fun

There was a thread like that once...or almost like that. But it was eventually closed by bv, can't remember where it went wrong

Date: November 2, 2011 20:31

StonesTod

You must have read my 'where's StonesTod thread' a few months back.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:37

treaclefingers
StonesTod

where was he?

Date: November 2, 2011 20:42

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

where was he?

he resurfaced the day that HOUSE returned to the fall schedule....interesting coincidence.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 2, 2011 21:19

SwayStones
Pick two answers for each question .

I like :

1/ that IORR provided /disclosed so many good and interesting informations by the unselfishness of its posters.( I can explicate )

2/the idea that I am in touch with other Stones members all around the world .

I dislike :

1/ the too high rate of the threads everyday
It's a shame because I can't read all of them :-)
But Hey ! Am I not adding another one right now ?cool smiley
Anyway ,it leads to the fact that many interesting threads go to the toilet because they get no answer.

And still,we get these same threads like "if the Stones tour next year,are you gonna go" again & again ....

2/ It's very personal but too often ,I have the feeling of not being taken seriously when I post about the Stones .
I mean,I get answers when it's an OT thread but when it's a Stones related one ..that's another story.
Due to what ? I don't know .The fact I am not an English native speaker could be one reason although I've noticed that some American or English people get the same "treatment"
Sometimes I am just wondering if ,when I first registered on IORR , saying I was a man instead of a woman would have make the difference .tongue sticking out smiley

Your turn now .
Sway smiling smiley

No, if anything we need more women here. If anyone takes you less seriously because of your gender, shame on them.

Date: November 2, 2011 21:29

i said i was a man when i first registered and i don't think it made a difference

Date: November 2, 2011 21:42

What I like most are insightful posts that help me understand something better or listen to music I love in a different light.

What I dislike most are the days when I think I've had enough and I'm not going to waste my time coming here any more. IORR is the drug I can't give up.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: November 2, 2011 22:07

like :
knowledgable postst on the basics of the RS music,chords,chord sequences etc

dislike :
unpolite posts

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 2, 2011 23:22

dislike :

like :
unpolite posts

grinning smiley

Ok seriously

Like 1: informational post
Like 2: Humor
Like 3: Buy/Sell/Trade section

Dislike 1: Double post
Dislike 2: Arguing

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: November 3, 2011 00:04

NICOS
dislike :

like :
unpolite posts

grinning smiley

Ok seriously

am sorry if I sounded boring.. just wrote what i think

Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 3, 2011 00:33

The same thing i also think is cute, that is the constant moining about how they play now combined to some tour in the past. It shows deep love but alack of gratitude. No one thought they would tour so long. I´m still thankful for the first show i saw in 1990, then i had to be there not anywere.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: November 3, 2011 00:40

SwayStones, very interesting thread and nice of you to ask!

Like:1) more welcoming here than some other discussion boards and feel comfortable stating my own, real opinions here without repercussions!
2) the humor, makes me snicker a lot.grinning smiley
3) the opinions of historians and real musicians, and other experts
4) admire the technical skills (which I lack) of many of the posters who make it seem so easy to share info
5) it's worldwide!

Dislike: 1)sometimes people could be more tolerant of others musical tastes
2) nasty rudeness
3) when it gets too political

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 3, 2011 00:44

NICOS
dislike :

like :
unpolite posts

grinning smiley

Ok seriously

am sorry if I sounded boring.. just wrote what i think

I was just joking 6853.........

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 3, 2011 00:51

Like- how easy this board comes up and runs smooth, bv does a great job. No ads too.

Like- International opinions... and international means it is open 24 hours a day, there is always something going on at the IORR tavern.

Like- learning new things from "like minded people"(Stones folks) about a surprising number of things. e.g. I was surprised that this board (finally)(after many attempts) taught me how to love World Cup soccer.

Dislike- Nothing.
I like everything about this board. It is a microcosm of the world, so it is what it is. IORR is like a big old bar with lots of activity going on.... some topics one cares about about and some topics one will not care about (skip those threads, at risk of not learning something new and cool )... some people here one will get along with better than others.... and other members, not so much (but who knows, maybe over time they could become IORR friends, it has happened before).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-03 00:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home