Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones 70's Bootleg Collection.
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 10, 2008 03:00

l found this and wanted to share it with all of you,there are some gems here.
Where to find it? ,l can't give you the name of the site. (BV doesn't allow it).
Think of Keith's last movie or send me an email and l will give it to you.
Anyway,what follows are the Notes from the guy that put it together.

"Here`s another torrent with lots and lots of interesting, funny and really great bootleg material from the 70`s with The Rolling Stones. It`s hard to find these kind of stuff in a normal recordstore and you pay way too much money for records that sounds really crappy. I can`t see any reason why anyone should pay anything, so I do my best to share it with you guys out there.

This torrent is dominated by outtakes from this period. Outtakes are songs, ideas and try outs that didn`t make it to the final 10 or 12 songs on the record. Some of them are really finished songs with a quite nice mix and sound while others are really loose ideas recorded with just one microphone to be remembered till the next session.

Late 70`s was a great productive time for The Stones. Ronnie was a new fresh member in the band and there were lots of different ideas and only a few should make it for `Some Girls` and `Emotional Rescue`. One of those songs `So Young` can you find here as an outtake. It was released 1994 as a B-side on the singel `Love Is Strong`, a great rough rocker, and when you listen to it here it doesn`t really stand out in anyway compare to all the other more or less loose stuff from these sessions. It`s not obvious why they picked that one for a release.

There are probably more finished versions of many of these songs and The Stones didn`t forget those recordings in the studio when they left. So hopefully we have a few other `So Youngs` to look forward to in the future.

Among these outtakes you also find a lot of early versions from well known songs like `Start Me Up`. How the hell did that one made it to the incredible rocker we know today. Listen to `Good Time Women`. It`s amazing you can get a `Tumbling Dice` out of that.

When the Stones left Decca in 1970 there were a deal not to release any livematerial from the Deccaperiod within the next seven years. That`s why it took so long before `Love You Live` was released in 1977. However some real liverecordings were made and some of those were of course bootleged. You find many of them here with a great sound. Leeds 71, Brussels 73 Memphis 78 and so on.

All the files are dated and ripped in the biggest possible mp3 size for maximum quality.
The dates goes for the actuall time or session when it was recorded.

This is my second torrent. The first one was `Rolling Stones 60`s Bootleg Collection` and if you haven`t got it and like this kind of material I suggest you download that one.

I`ll come back later with the 80`s

This torrent is made for all you folks who are really `Stoned`

Have Fun, Enjoy

Ztickyfinger

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Rolling Stones 70's Bootleg Collection.
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 10, 2008 05:56

well, is any of this really unheard-before material or is all or most of it already circulating?

I am sure a number of folks on this and other Stones boards would know.

p

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 13, 2008 18:50

timbernardis
well, is any of this really unheard-before material or is all or most of it already circulating?

I am sure a number of folks on this and other Stones boards would know.

p
There is some stuff l personally had never heard,Instrumental track for "Act Together" "Our Angel steps out of Heaven" Keith Outtake,"Who l am I" and a lot of other good stuff,also the different live versions of stuff we all know.
Overall l believe most fans will greatly enjoy this set.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-13 18:50 by ROPENI.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 13, 2008 19:56

I just got this. I like it a lot, but I would suspect it has a lot of stuff people on here already have.
I didn't so Im really happy with it. THe only thing is that it only has a few tracks from handsome girls and Memphis.

along with the stuff ROPENI mentioned it also includes Perth 73 and LA July 18, '75.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-13 20:07 by ryanpow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home