Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
good luck to Ronnie and his new gal
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 29, 2008 17:44

I think its about time we just cut Ronnie some slack.If he is happy with Katia then I am happy for him.Artists often seek and find inspiration from younger women,thats well documented.Look at Picasso.

Lets just hope that Jo don't take him to the cleaners.After all she is who she is because of Ronnie.Same as the other Stones women.

I for one welcome her into the Stones clan.If Jo was such a big support to Ron why does he keep falling off the wagon?

Go forward Ron.Time for a new model.Katia looks wonderful.

Re: good luck to Ronnie and his new gal
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 29, 2008 17:51

Comparing Ronnie to Picasso.. I may be in the minority here but I would never pay for any of Ronnie's art.

Posted by: jane tarzan ()
Date: September 29, 2008 17:59

Let's all hope that Ronnie gets well and with whom ever he's happy with.

BUT it is absolutely unfair and even discusting to suggest that Jo has a part in Ronnie's falling off the wagon. Let me tell you, there's not enough money in the world to make you live with and help an addict. You don't do it for the salary, you do it because you love the addict enough to go through the hell his/hers disease is giving you.If that's not enough, it's not Jo to blame. Ever.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:05

stargroover

Lets just hope that Jo don't take him to the cleaners.After all she is who she is because of Ronnie.Same as the other Stones women.

I for one welcome her into the Stones clan.If Jo was such a big support to Ron why does he keep falling off the wagon?

Go forward Ron.Time for a new model.Katia looks wonderful.

you're joking, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 18:06 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:09

who gives a toss.....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:23

If only life was that easy!

Silly post.

Gotta agree with Tarzan. An addicts impossible to live with some more credit to Jo.

And really, isn't the whole thing comparable with the "snorting me dad" as all rather embarrassing?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:38

Ronnie Wood maybe should remember his song to his wife

"Josephine"

sad to see it ending so bad after such a sweet song

and listening to "Not For Beginners" the family emphasis is strong

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:01

stargroover

Lets just hope that Jo don't take him to the cleaners.After all she is who she is because of Ronnie.

At least she'd be alive. Ronnie would be worm food if it wasnt for her.

Date: September 29, 2008 19:05

I am not comparing Ronnies art to Picasso,I am referring to him as a musical artist.
I am sure Jo has supported Ronnie.Who knows what goes on behind close doors.The point is he keeps falling off the wagon.What makes him do that we will never know.Maybe a new woman in his life,new family might just be the tonic he needs.

Date: September 29, 2008 19:09

By that yardstick, would you be also implying that a new career would do him good as well?

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:13

duke richardson
Ronnie Wood maybe should remember his song to his wife

"Josephine"

sad to see it ending so bad after such a sweet song
Ronnie only need to change song name and lyric ''(boring) Josephine'' to ''Young and naive Ecatarine''.
It's so easy. It's only rock and roll!

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:15

If only alcoholism were that simple to cure, Stargroover! Could be a whole new prescription to write outconfused smiley

You're right that none of us know what is going on in the Wood's marriage. A common sense answer is to wish that both of them will not lightly throw away all those years of love, friendship, family and camaraderie. From the outside, Ronnie seems to be the one throwing it all away. And as the one in the marriage with the drink problems, heaven knows he needs the support of his family. It would take an extraordinary teenager to be able to provide that.

I want to know what Ronnie has done to upset The Sun/News of the World? Without breaking bv's veto, there is a lot going on in the world at present. But is the US election the front page story? Is it the B&B collapse? Iraq? No it's a guitarist out on the town with a young womanfeeding him ice creameye rolling smiley

stargroover
.The point is he keeps falling off the wagon.What makes him do that we will never know.Maybe a new woman in his life,new family might just be the tonic he needs.

Date: September 29, 2008 19:20

Exactly its only rock n' roll.These guys are rock stars for goodness sake,not members of the clergy.Some very conservative dudes around.Lets get back to the liberal attitude of the 1960s.Forty years difference in age,so what.They are both adults.

And nobodys slagging Jo off.I am sure she did her best for him.But Katia might just turn his life around.

Date: September 29, 2008 19:29

Maybe a new career?I think we all know Ronnie aint going to change career.After all its a well paid hobby.

The News of the World,Sun etc always love scandel.Its the News of the Screws after all.Unfortunalely they seem to be inferring Ronnie is messing up big time.Maybe hes just trying to sort his life out?Maybe he is in rehab cause his marriage is on the rocks?Who knows.We can only speculate.

But he certainly looked happier in those icecream shots.Prehaps shes doing him some good after all.At least they were both on soft drinks....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:30

Stargroves
I want to know what Ronnie has done to upset The Sun/News of the World? Without breaking bv's veto, there is a lot going on in the world at present. But is the US election the front page story? Is it the B&B collapse? Iraq? No it's a guitarist out on the town with a young womanfeeding him ice creameye rolling smiley]

Nothing new about that! Since when has "real" news ever been a priority for the likes of the Sun and NOTW?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 19:31 by Beast.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:37

>>Ronnie only need to change song name and lyric ''(boring) Josephine'' to ''Young and naive Ecatarine''.
It's so easy. It's only rock and roll!<<

it's so easy?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:38

stargroover

As far as I know, some of them were top models in their own right before they ever clapped eyes on a Rolling Stone. And after nearly three decades with Jo, Ronnie is also what he is because of her - not to mention the small point already made by Gazza - i.e., he probably wouldn't otherwise be here at all.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:45

Blaming a supportive partner, in Wood's life for decades, because Ron has such a difficult time staying sober is just ignoring the reality of how addictions work. Love him (her), leave him, bankroll his rehab (s), beg, wean, ignore, threaten - as an ex addict who works with addicts these past 8 years it seems awareness and smarts (or, medical/legal/interpersonal crises) don't aways add up to sustained motivation...Eventually, and I wish it was as easy as turning the thing on or off - the addict realizes a lightswitch of sorts has been turned on, and then (re)starts the recovery process. The more time accumulated the better. But there's still something mysterious about the timing...

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:01

I'm not into all of this gossip sh*t BUT -

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HONOR AND LOYALTY !?!?!? It's betrayal and it's not right. PERIOD

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:16

Great Artist = Great Person? Not...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2008 21:11

Comparing Ronnie to Picasso.. I may be in the minority here but I would never pay for any of Ronnie's art. -Hound Dog-

That includes his guitarplaying as far as I'am concerned.

Date: September 29, 2008 21:54

stargroover
Exactly its only rock n' roll.These guys are rock stars for goodness sake,not members of the clergy.Some very conservative dudes around.Lets get back to the liberal attitude of the 1960s.Forty years difference in age,so what.They are both adults.

And nobodys slagging Jo off.I am sure she did her best for him.But Katia might just turn his life around.

Who are you to judge the degree of conservativeness of people you dont know based simply on their opinion on this? I couldnt care less who he shags. I just think he's acting like a dickhead and a pathetic old man, and showing no class by embarrassing his family in public. If you think thats 'cool' or something and you need to live your life vicariously through the Stones, thats your business. Dont expect everyone else to feel the same way,

I'm sure your obsession with 'liberal attitudes' might be bit less consistent if you were the victim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 21:57 by Gazza.

Date: September 29, 2008 22:10

duke richardson
it's so easy?
I mean even rhime is same Josephine ~ Ecatarine!
And also everything is easy when you're rock'n'roll star! Simply live your image! Then everything is possible. Why bother? And heritage of wattrer gipsy, what Ronnie is? Or his father and brothers alcholic addiction whole life?
And these Jo is so boring! Organic food < don't tell me? Or how she didn't knowing that Ronnie is a Stone when she saw him at first. How strange? And all that shit about loyalty, trust, etc.
Look even her looklike, when she was young, was same as Ekatarine is now.
And those pictures with Jerry < 2 reach crones!

Date: September 29, 2008 22:16

Sorry rhime = rhyme.

Date: September 29, 2008 22:17

I feel a sermon coming along here.Are you preaching some moral code here?
How do you know he is causing embarassment to his family?You will be winging about sex only within marriage next.Sounds like your a Cliff Richard fan.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:18

what do you mean "embarrassing his family in public"? it wasn´t ronnie who took these pics and wrote these articles.
and by the way leaving your wife for someone else is no embarrassment in my world.
it´s like a natural thing to happen when you are ron wood.

he wants a young girl, i can understand that, same with me.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:20

stargroover
How do you know he is causing embarassment to his family?You will be winging about sex only within marriage next.Sounds like your a Cliff Richard fan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not for or against sex only within marriage - but I can name two super-cool dudes that are:

Keith Richards and Paul Newman.

Date: September 29, 2008 22:21

>

er....You're the one telling us all to be 'liberal'..so I think you're the one moralising.

>How do you know he is causing embarassment to his family?

You're suggesting they havent been embarrassed.? Theyve been on about it in the press often enough.

>You will be winging about sex only within marriage next.Sounds like your a Cliff Richard fan

And you're a fascist-sounding twat, telling other people how they should think!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:23

finally, a thread with the right attitude. i know if i were shagging a young gal, and destroying my marriage and ruining everything i've worked all my life to create, that i sure would hope i'd have my fans' blessings.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 29, 2008 22:23

stoneswashed77
what do you mean "embarrassing his family in public"? it wasn´t ronnie who took these pics and wrote these articles.

True - but he would be a complete idiot if he didn't know that his picture was going to be taken when he was out with her, thus causing his family the embarrassment.

Are you suggesting that he's a complete idiot?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home