Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I listened to The Stooges last night in Belgrade
Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: September 7, 2008 01:15

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I could't believe what I heard and saw. Compared to their great show I attended in 2004 this was way much better. They started to play Raw Power-era songs: Search & Destroy and I Got a Right but, sadly, didn't play Dirt. 1970 and Funhouse had beautiful psychodelic extentions. Ron Ashton's wah works can be compared only to Jimi's. If they come by anywhere near you, don't miss the opportunity to see and hear them.

Few local bands (including Elektricni orgazam who opened for the Stones last year) and Dinosaur Jr were also on the bill. Although I used to like some songs by Dino Jr I have to say that hearing them live is horror. Bunch of pointless noise. J Mascis should be taught that custom guitar and 3 full Marshall stacks don't mean much if somebody has no guts.

P.S. I apologize to this mess with youtube video. This is my first attempt to embed it within the forum.

Re: I listened to The Stooges last night in Belgrade
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 7, 2008 01:18

I hope I can still jump around like Iggy when I'm sixty-one!

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: September 7, 2008 01:37

Dobro vecer Beograd!

Gde je Bajaga i/ili B. Djordjevic (Riblja Corba)???

They are the best to open for Iggy or Stones...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 7, 2008 01:45

61' telecaster
I could't believe what I heard and saw. Compared to their great show I attended in 2004 this was way much better. They started to play Raw Power-era songs: Search & Destroy and I Got a Right but, sadly, didn't play Dirt.

thanks for this news--their omitting songs from that album was really a disappointment to me, especially as the reunion went on and on.

too bad you didn't like Dinosaur. I saw them last year and they were great--seeing them again next month.

Date: September 7, 2008 01:49

No Keef, absolutely not smiling smiley. Partibrejkers or Disciplina Kicme would fit better but not these two.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 7, 2008 08:37

Saw the Stooges last month in Baltimore. They're the best performing act in the world right now! I understand Ron Asheton has always been reluctant about playing Dirt because he thought he could never match what he did on the original.

Date: September 7, 2008 19:09

I heard the same about Dirt although they played it few years ago.

Search & Destroy was simplified and Ron played rhythm chords with couple of licks here and there but it didn't matter because it was one of the highlights.

Posted by: Gimme Shelter ()
Date: September 7, 2008 20:21

watch this, really cool. chili peppers doing search&destroy

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: September 7, 2008 23:20

Merci, indeed. THAT was cool, especially hearing John channeling James Williamson. Thanks.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: September 8, 2008 01:50

Saw them last month at Massey Hall here in Toronto my ears still ringing. What a show the punk pioneers still kickin out the jams.

Date: September 8, 2008 03:57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home