Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Waiting on a Friend video
Posted by: Tully ()
Date: September 1, 2008 06:29

I live in the US so I get my videos from MTV/VH1/VH1 Classic. For about the last 10 years or so, whenever they show the video for Waiting on a Friend, the audio sounds weird, like they added an echo effect. Has anybody else noticed this or am I going crazy? The audio was fine when it first came out back in the 80's, I have it on VHS many times and it sounds fine. But now when its played on any one of those stations, it sounds weird. VH1 Classic just showed it and I thought I'd throw this out here to get some response...Do people in other parts of the world notice this too?

Thanks!

Re: Waiting on a Friend video
Posted by: beatbabe ()
Date: September 1, 2008 17:20

I didn't notice that. I think Mick's shirt was louder that anything else. Are you sure it wasn't that?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 1, 2008 18:39

Must be the strange echo of Physical Graffiti.

The building where Mick's hanging out at the beginning of the video is the same as the building on the cover of Zepplin's PG; surely that could cause an echo or two?

(96-98 St. Mark's Place, Manhattan)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 2, 2008 15:29

I happened to catch that video as well Tully, but didn't see any others that VH1 might have shown for our boys during their 80 hours of the 80s marathon all weekend. I didn't expect them to get to 'R-o' quite that fast.

Date: September 2, 2008 17:35

lets see, they showed Emotional rescue, Shes So Cold, Start Me Up, and WOAF. I guess the 80's ended in 1981 for the Stones.

I watched alot of it and 4 videos was the most I saw for one group/artist. Madonna, Prnce, Police, Michael all got 4 videos.

Date: September 2, 2008 18:03

Oh damn I would have loved to have seen all of those!! I've never seen any of them.

I was disappointed in not seeing Smooth Criminal, my favorite Michael video, but when they didn't play Thriller, the pioneer in videos, I knew the whole thing was a sham.

Date: September 2, 2008 20:21

you've really never seen them? VH1 Classic plays them all the time, along with One Hit to the Body

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 2, 2008 20:26

>> I've never seen any of them <<

yikes! for quick relief of that problem:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-02 20:27 by with sssoul.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 2, 2008 20:33

you said you did see Waiting on a Friend, right? but for completeness:

rock out :E

Date: September 2, 2008 20:40

I've really never seen any of those (One Hit either). I never seem to catch - I used to. When it was Two for Tuesday or Double play Wednesday or whatever they called it. But it was always IORR. I've seen that, now WOAF, Don't Stop, Love Is Strong, Mixed Emotions, Highwire, Angie, Streets of Love, and JJF but only because it's on the singles boxset.

I am dying for a video boxset!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-03 14:53 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: September 3, 2008 21:08

They seem to run in cycles...in a few weeks/months all you will see is Love is strong, Harlem Shuffle, anything but Dont Stop, that one never sees the light of day, but the boys arent even in that one anyway.

Date: September 3, 2008 22:01

But Don't Stop is such a great video because of the references one needs to try and locate!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 4, 2008 04:31

There is nothing different mix wise to WOAF. There seems to be reverb in the beginning but from what I can tell, it's the same as the record - it's just it was most likely really compressed for TV, which is why it would sound different.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home