Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The TAMI Show is officially out TODAY, MARCH 23.
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: March 23, 2010 15:14

Today, March 23, the TAMI Show is officially released. It must have a lot of advance orders on Amazon.com because it's been in their Top 10 best selling DVD's for days now -- it's currently at # 8. It has been in the Top 30 of Amazon's best selling DVDs since it's showing on PBS a few weeks ago.

Here is the link to order it:
[www.amazon.com]

Rob

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-23 15:20 by originalstones.

Re: The TAMI Show is officially out TODAY, MARCH 23.
Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: March 23, 2010 16:11

I should be recieving my copy in the mail today! It will go well with my Original TAMI show poster smiling smiley)

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 23, 2010 23:31

watch the lower left corner for the dark hasired kid with a white shirt on at the 1-2 sec mark! Guess he thinks the Stones are "No 1"!! HA HA and got right past those 60s censors.

sorry guys-just click shere it says "watch on youtube"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-23 23:33 by scottkeef.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:09

Finally got my copy today and must say WOW!!!!! Loved this show although even with all the greats coming before, everything went up a notch when James Brown took the stage. Great perfomance and then.............the greatest rock n roll band in the world The Rolling Stones. Just freaking wow!!! Blew me away. Great to see them with Brian and at the beginning of their career.
I had read Bill's book concerning this period of the Stones but to finally be able to see a piece of it like this reminds me of why I love this band so much. Even prior to all the big hits that many take for granted they showed that they are performers regardless. And to come on after Brown and still be this great. Amazing.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:33

My only complaint is that there's no surround mix.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:45

very nice piece @ laweekly.com on t.a.m.i. show this week!! really good read; wanted to share...sorry i'm @ coffeehouse puter and it won't let me paste links...but it's easy to find and well worth the time...

this is one of the very most important rock and roll documents that will EVER exist...the ENTIRE lineup etc...

article goes into nice interview with producer steve binder (23 years old himself at the time!!!!))

steve went on to do YET ANOTHER VITAL ONE TIME ONLY PRECIOUS DOCUMENT OF UNDENIABLE mega uber importance when he did the Singer xmas special featuring 'elvis' in '68, widely known as the 'comeback' (i have three dvd special set of this...it's priceless)

along with stones concert footage, the absolute Premiere documentation of this wild rooted undefinable magic that is rock and roll soul...

friggin BRAVO !!!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 29, 2010 01:33

Shout Factory really dropped the ball on the pre-orders, in my opinion.

The DVD--which a ordered a few months before--arrived a few days after the release date.

The poster came yesterday, and it was sent folded in an envelope with no cardboard backer, so on top of being folded mine was dinged.

To offer the poster as a "collectable," and then ship it so carelessly shows no insight to the collector mentality.

And yet, the company did a GREAT job on the DVD itself. The booklet is very well written and researched. Don Waller really sets the stage for the movie by giving it context--in terms of music and social history--that is entertaining and insightful.

As I've bragged about before here, my wife was actually at the TAMI show taping, so there is additional significance to this release in our household.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home