Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Matt Lauer Interviews all four Stones & Keith in astronaut suit?
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 22, 2010 23:27

Greetings!

I've just seen that Matt Lauer - apparently just last year - interviewed all four Stones together; I think it's called "NBC OnStage". It can't be viewed outside the USA, on the hulu.com website and can't seem to find it on YouTube, DailyMotion or any of those.

Has anyone got it to upload?

Also - if I may ask; on YouTube last year there were killer short segements of the Stones in 1969 doing promo's for some USA TV station, has anyone got these? One of them features Keith in an astronaut suit^

Many thanks!

Re: Matt Lauer Interviews all four Stones & Keith in astronaut suit?
Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 23, 2010 01:02

Thanks for the reference, IrelandCalling4! I don't have a way of getting
it to you, so sorry.

Turns out the bulk of it is Lauer with Mick and Keith from May, 2005, just after the press conference opener, with three other segments done with other interviewers, one with Mick from 1990, one with Keith from 1989 and one with all four from 2003.

What's most interesting to me, aside from the interplay between them, is how they answer the question of "the last tour". They say you never know for sure, and Mick says deciding to go out again is a combination of getting antsy and the economics of the time. Mick makes the call to Keith, they both agree. Nothing we don't know, but it's an interesting perspective, to hear it now. They've not wanted to be like others who keep announcing their last tour, over and over.

Back in 2003, after the previous tour, Charlie says he always says "I quit!" after every tour.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 23, 2010 07:32

>> Also - if I may ask; on YouTube last year there were killer short segements of the Stones in 1969
doing promos for some USA TV station, has anyone got these? <<

yep, i have them. they were adverts for a TV show called Music Scene, and they were shot in London on june 16th 1969 -
same day as their Hyde Park press conference. (are you sure it was a US show? not that it matters much ... )

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 21:06

Thank you with sssoul, that's great! I had just guessed it was for US TV, I stand corrected.

Any chance you know how to upload this gold to a YouTube or something like that? I'm dyin' to see this footage again!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 25, 2010 10:20

>> I stand corrected. <<

not by me you don't! :E
i was merely asking if you're sure it was a US show. i don't know what nationality it was.
and sorry, but i don't know how to upload stuff to youtube. maybe it's still there somewhere - hope you find it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 10:20 by with sssoul.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 25, 2010 10:34

IrelandCalling, I had the same request .I was not able to watch the video because they said I am not located within the US.

Yes,for sure it would be nice if someone could upload it on You Tube,that's very easy to do .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 25, 2010 11:22

I've got this picture:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 25, 2010 14:02

I bought the DVD recently from amazon.com

It's well worth getting as there are some other great performances such as Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, Cass Elliott, CSNY and Ten Years After. It's about $17. Part 1 is pretty hard to find now so I'd get it while you still can for those Stones clips.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home