Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Worse job to have at a Stones concert..or any concert
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 20, 2010 07:30

I couldnt think of anything worse than to be employed as one of those security guards who stand lined up along the front of the stage with there backs to it though out the whole concert they remind of those models with a blank no expression sort of a look.The ones lined along both sides out to the B stage isnt so bad at least they can see something.But the ones with there backs to the main stage are telling be very LOUD and clear they are NOT Stones fans...yea

Re: Worse job to have at a Stones concert..or any concert
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 20, 2010 07:52

The worst job to have at a concert, when the band is at least 1/2 way decent, is when you are assigned to work the parking lot.

Date: March 20, 2010 08:09

hey Bluzdude...I would sooner be picking up rubbish or cleaning out the toilets hoping no mates would see me probadly where shades and a hat..at least ya would see the band and the pays probadly about what those security people get I dont think they get that much.

Re: Worst job to have at a Stones concert..or any concert
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 20, 2010 09:00

colonial
I couldnt think of anything worse than to be employed as one of those security guards who stand lined up along the front of the stage with there backs to it though out the whole concert they remind of those models with a blank no expression sort of a look.The ones lined along both sides out to the B stage isnt so bad at least they can see something.But the ones with there backs to the main stage are telling be very LOUD and clear they are NOT Stones fans...yea

I read ya.
the worst of these twerps must have assembled in Frankfurt^^
I was on the brink of going postal with the chief of that f***** gang because he eyed me through out the whole concert! hot smiley

it didn't help that the frikkin' worst band i've ever seen, "Starsailor"^^, opened the gig, and that the roof was closed - which resulted in a 7 second delay, and that Keith was obviously sedated in a fashion he probably diddn't enjoy.......

meh, these guys must have had master classes in spoil sports

my worst concert experience ever! angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 09:09 by open-g.

Date: March 20, 2010 09:14

It looks liked they have there own small section of people in the crowd to keep an eye on.

Date: March 20, 2010 13:08

Dont know what it takes to get some of those macho man security excited.Even half naked women wasnt doing for them.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 20, 2010 14:09

sometime in the sixties the stones played a show in finland. they hired the finnish army to stand in front of the stage. my father at the time was in the army. a few years ago my dad (who is somewhat of a pack rat) was looking through some old newspaper clippings that he saved and he showed me one. there was a photo of mick on stage in finland and my dad pointed to a guy standing in front of him. it was my dad smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2010 14:14

Melboune '73 shows had Bob Jones and all the guys
from his karate school standing in front of stage for first 5-6 songs .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 20, 2010 15:22

I would imagine the worst job at a concert would be any one where you can't even hear the show or were stuck having to clean up concertgoers' mess afterwards.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 20, 2010 16:27

my worst concert experience ever! angry smiley[/quote]

What the hell is this? You were in the "front row" but you were still, what, seventy-five feet from the stage?

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 20, 2010 16:29

it looks like they hired a bunch of guys from Home Depot or Staples.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 20, 2010 16:39

bernardanderson
it looks like they hired a bunch of guys from Home Depot or Staples.

You can almost feel it, the Stones are belting out JJF and these guys are daydreaming about their forklifts.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:28

tatters

What the hell is this? You were in the "front row" but you were still, what, seventy-five feet from the stage?

huh? what are you reading? I never mentioned front row.
you could wander about, get a drink, take some pics or whatever - because the seats were numbered so one could get back to that spot. mine was 3rd row and ten seats to the left.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:45

open-g

my worst concert experience ever! angry smiley

Hey open-g ,I couldn't believe my ears !

Could the main explanation be that ,usually,the catwalk is higher than the one you showed on your photo ,so they needed "big arms" for safety purposes ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 20, 2010 21:55

Worse job for any concert employee would be the person they send out to wash Meatloaf's clothes.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 22, 2010 12:18

Trying to get those weird stand up toilets moved by a fork lift because the merchandising guy didn't want them near the T shirt stands, me at Groeningen 99.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 22, 2010 12:26

300 Euros for NOT DOING anything for 5 hours except standing there & looking at ppl in the eyes... do you really call this a bad job? smoking smiley

Date: March 23, 2010 04:58

I suppose if ya fancy ya self as some sort of Macho Man with a Bulldog attitude like some of those security guards they wouldnt think twice of doing that sort of work at concerts.But most of them are good ya meet at pubs and nightclubs they pretty laid back.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 23, 2010 05:10

bathroom staff hired to hand you paper towels to dry your hands (for a tip)

Date: March 23, 2010 05:40

Geee..And how much do they except to get for that.We dont tip here..if thats what tipping come to thank goodness for that.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 23, 2010 06:05

what about the guy who stands on the Ron Wood side of the stage...with his back turned...talk about excruciating pain smiling smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 23, 2010 07:06

colonial
Geee..And how much do they except to get for that.We dont tip here..if thats what tipping come to thank goodness for that.

it's an uncomfortable situation...they force the paper towels on you and even turn on the water and squirt soap on your hands! i've seen some people stop them. i feel bad doing that but i also don't need their help! they also have mints, gum, mouthwash, etc. if you take that stuff, you'd have to tip.

Date: March 23, 2010 07:12

Kinda like when they slap that steaming-towel on ya mitts in a Chinese restaurant .......

Yoawwwww!!!!... E..E..Easy I washed me hands the ssssmorning ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2010 11:25

Rockman..Gee Im pleased we done have to tip down here....having to pay someone standing over ya in a toilet and handling ya a paper towel to dry ya hands on.Paying to go to toilet is bad enough without to having do that as well.

Date: March 23, 2010 11:45

I piss anywhere man.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 23, 2010 13:09

Rockman
I piss anywhere man.....

Hey Rockman,I read this and was laughing so much I nearly wet the chair!! The good lady thought I was in some sort of trouble!! Absolue classic.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: March 23, 2010 14:15

If you'd peed in your chair, you really whould have had to tip your wife. Big time!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 23, 2010 14:33

Exactly,she came runnin in lookin all worried.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home