Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen...
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 19, 2010 13:56

Maybe we'll finally get some more unheard Houston tracks as bonus...Brown Sugar, Gimme Shelter, Street Fighting Man...just throw it in -all of itsmileys with beer

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2010 14:17

my question is this the orginal or one of the alternate shows from houston?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 19, 2010 14:39

The Greek

2 shows from Fort Worth and 2 shows from Houston are melted into "Ladies And Gentlemen".....a couple of tracks from each of the 4 concerts. The Houston shows were hotter than Fort Worth....most of us think, anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 14:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2010 14:41

Erik_Snow
The Greek

2 shows from Fort Worth and 2 shows from Houston are melted into "Ladies And Gentlemen".....a couple of tracks from each of the 4 concerts. The Houston shows were hotter than Fort Worth....most of us think, anyway
thank you

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 14:44

Now this is what I call a grat news. I have expressed here my feeling that it was unforgivable it hasn't been release yet many times. And now (well, probably next year, but anyway), L&G is finally going to be released. I hope I will catch it in a cinema, might be really cool. I only hope that we will get many more news like that, I personally hope that Hampton 81 is going to follow. The bootlegs that circulate are fantastic but they are all from VHS and I am sure that it might be actually released in a perfect quallity. Then Atlantic City 89 and Saitama 06 please...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 19, 2010 15:24

Hampton '81 would be a dream. Saitima 06 just annoys me but it has it's parts. The B stage where SMU is playing but there's no guitars being used just Chucks piano ringing out makes me turn it off.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:36

Ok so l&g is released. What about a soundtrack?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:59

Mack Jigger
A great opportunity to release the 'missing' tracks

Don't Lie To Me,
Rocks Off and
Sweet Black Angel
!

All from the same shows as the Ladies & Gentlemen footage.

Yep and maybe Rocks Off too!

This is unexpectedly great news..rereleased Exile with bonus trax, DVD release of the Exile documentary with "substantial extras" and a blu-ray release of L&G in the autumn, it's a fine time to be a Stones fan.

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: March 19, 2010 18:12

nankerphlege

If you've got the DVD, i think you can have de soundtrack ...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 19, 2010 18:33

chenry9195
Stop being negative people, Mick is getting the message that fans like the archives.
Smiles all around. grinning smiley

I sure hope that's true. It would be great to get some complete live shows from different tours.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:03

melillo
maybe they can fix happy by using the audio of the show it is from instead of that obvious fake

Here we go again. For the 198475th time, the video and audio of "Happy" on L&G is from the SAME PERFORMANCE. The vocals were overdubbed later, but the audio and video are not from separate performances.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:07

Wouldnt object if they were to release some 1973 live shows as well.Although a lot of the camera action was mainly focused on Jagger, would still be something to treasure- was Brussells filmed?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:12

Tumblin_Dice_07
melillo
maybe they can fix happy by using the audio of the show it is from instead of that obvious fake

Here we go again. For the 198475th time, the video and audio of "Happy" on L&G is from the SAME PERFORMANCE. The vocals were overdubbed later, but the audio and video are not from separate performances.

ok then use THAT PERFORMANCE WITHOUT THE OVERDUBB OR RUBBA DUB DUB WHATEVER

Date: March 19, 2010 23:24

the exile dvd coming in june is what i really want boys and girls

Posted by: urbanjungle90 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:30

This is excellent news, cant quite believe they're actually releasing it.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:30

Well that sealed the fate of the Super Deluxe Exile set for me.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:38

nankerphlege

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:58

melillo

If you're more interested in the sync between picture and sound, and the music is like rubba dub dub whatever, maybe you should stick with Shine A Lightsmoking smiley

Date: March 20, 2010 00:28

yeah ok thanks for the advice

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 20, 2010 00:34

S.T.P
melillo

If you're more interested in the sync between picture and sound, and the music is like rubba dub dub whatever, maybe you should stick with Shine A Lightsmoking smiley

grinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 20, 2010 00:48

T&A
not much of a video watcher - seen L&G enough already - but i presume where there's a video release, there may as well be an audio release of L&G? so, perhaps their greatest ever tour will at last be documented officially on a live audio at some point? hmmm??

especially since Mr. Klein is no longer with us....hmmmm indeed.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: March 20, 2010 01:13

LieB
S.T.P
melillo

ok i get it already!!!!!!!!! you guys are into out of sync audio and video you win ok?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 20, 2010 01:29

melillo
LieB
S.T.P
melillo

ok i get it already!!!!!!!!! you guys are into out of sync audio and video you win ok?

I was just cracking up at your hilarious discussion. smiling smiley I don't really have an opinion about the Happy performance in L&G; I think it's great as it is, but if they used the original vocal, I would probably not take notice.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 20, 2010 02:09

Rochdale3
I remember seeing L&G in a theater (The Crest in North Seattle) in the early 80's and there was a good 10 minutes of just pre-show crowd noise on the speakers before the movie even started playing on the screen. I think they even had a curtain and it hadn't opened yet either. Not knowing how long it was going to last, it got a little boring but I got what they were trying to do.

I remember that, too. The first time I saw it was in my high school auditorium, just a couple years after it was released. (They also showed Tommy right around the same time.) The screen was black, but you could hear the crowd buzzing and then someone saying "Two minutes! Two minutes!" as if SOMETHING GREAT was about to happen! And, sure enough, two minutes later, something great DID happen!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 02:14 by tatters.

Date: March 20, 2010 02:45

I saw LADIES AND GENTS in the theater also in the early 80s, it was strange my buddy and i were looking for a movie to go to and the movie list just read rolling stones 8pm, so we took a shot and it was L&G, amazing stuff

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 20, 2010 04:10

In High School I had an English teacher that was a rock fanatic. Classic rock, he loved The Stones, The Beatles, The Who, etc. So he gets Ladies and Gent. and shows it in his class on one of those old school projectors with the film in the big reel canisters. So of course me and a best friend proceed to skip most of our classes to watch the film over and over again! And he didn't bat an eye and lets us hang out! Thanks to Larry Frances for instilling the rock n' roll spirit into two wandering teens.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 20, 2010 05:38

Waiting when you've got an announcement/date is harder than hoping.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: March 20, 2010 06:15

OHHHHHHHHHHH my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful wonderful news, I am so happy . . . I'm speechless . . .

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: March 20, 2010 09:54

blu-ray ftw!!! yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: March 20, 2010 11:32

great newssmiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home