Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick all over the German press this weekend
Posted by: stones75 ()
Date: July 27, 2008 20:44

On all first first pages of the major German newspapers you can see
a picture of Mick and a reference on an article about his 65th birthday.
Nothing new to learn there, but still nice to see him on all
the front pages.

Re: Mick all over the German press this weekend
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 27, 2008 22:24

Does he qualify for a U K pension?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 29, 2008 13:44

virgil
Does he qualify for a U K pension?

I'm not an expert but there are qualifying rules (which are due to be changed). Basically, you have to have paid sufficient UK National Insurance contributions over your working life.
If you are in employment this should be handled by your employer who also has to pay an "employer" share.
If/when Mick was "employed or was a Partner in Rolling Stones Ltd that would be straightforward. Howver given that the Stones Business Advisers (!)- presumably ABCKO in the late 60's failed to file tax returns (hence their debt to the Revenue) its by no means certain that all the paperwork was being done.

Apparantly their "much maligned" (Bill's quote) first Manager, Eric Easton used to put money aside in to a Building Society fund to cover such eventualities.
I can't imagine ALO or Klein had any truck with that approach. Far too sensible.

I believe I read an interview with Bill in which he rather grumpily said that he was only getting 50% of his full State pension. That may be becuse if you have other earnings/capital (which he obviously has), your entitlemnt is reduced.
So Mick may not get his full £90 per week or thereabouts a week. Oh dear!
Of course, Mick's position may be more complicated by whatever his tax status is - domicile in the UK or not?
And of course RS Ltd is no more- its all done from the Netherlands (I don't think they have any UK registerd companies as such).
So You CAN'T Always Get Whart You Want, it seems

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 29, 2008 15:39

It all hinges on your national insurance contributions, which are made whilst employed legally in the UK [or even if you're officially un-employed...in whuch case your contributions are effexctively mainteained by the state'.]
The issue with folks like Mick or Bill would be the proportion of their working lives when they were officially resident and employed in the UK.
It's nothing to do with how much money you have. he basic state retirment pension is payable to anybody who has made the contributions.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:40

It was in Dutch papers yesterday that he will receive 115 pounds a week of pension...;-)

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 29, 2008 21:10

Like he needs it..

MLC

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:29

Included is a free weekly Happy Meal at McDonalds.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 29, 2008 22:32

Spud: Well it seems strange that Bill should only be getting half his entitlement (so he said-and he should know).

I think Bill was only a tax exile for 11 years (out of a working life of ?50 years)..and still continuing, of course!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:34

shedooby
It was in Dutch papers yesterday that he will receive 115 pounds a week of pension...;-)

Cucumbertime

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:40

Discounted fare on the bus in UK now, right? May be on the tube as well?

Bjornulf

Date: July 29, 2008 22:40

shedooby

I thought the basic pension was around £90 PER WEEK.
He must be getting the means tested Pension Credit!!
Or maybe the Dutch papers are getting euros mixed up with sterling.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 30, 2008 04:24

He will get his winter fuel allowance; that's not income relatedeye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home