Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones songs with false endings
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 16, 2010 19:39

happening to be listening to a TOTA show - and I was trying to think of other songs the stones have done, aside from You Gotta Move, that have false endings. i know there must be others than i can't call to mind....there's that little extra bit at the end of Bitch they've been doing since '89....others?

i guess you could argue that Midnight Rambler has one or possibly two false endings - the unitiated always seem to clap at them as though the song has ended...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 19:41 by T&A.

Re: Stones songs with false endings
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2010 19:46

Cant Turn You Loose and Thats How Strong My Love Is on the 2003 Licks tour.

Date: March 16, 2010 19:49

Gazza
Cant Turn You Loose and Thats How Strong My Love Is on the 2003 Licks tour.

aka known as false reddings...or maybe false red herring endings...or something...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:07

Heartbreaker had a false beginning on the 2nd LA show of 1975 - does that count?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:08

Sloppy endings are a trademark of the Rolling Stones. With a few exceptions they never really cared or there is someone in the band who is missing the ending winking smiley. And when they play so called rarities I´ve often the feel that they really don`t know how to get out of this song. But I love it this way it`s always interesting..you never know what happens..

Date: March 16, 2010 20:16

electricmud
Sloppy endings are a trademark of the Rolling Stones. With a few exceptions they never really cared or there is someone in the band who is missing the ending winking smiley. And when they play so called rarities I´ve often the feel that they really don`t know how to get out of this song. But I love it this way it`s always interesting..you never know what happens..

yeah, but i'm talking about intentional false endings...

Date: March 16, 2010 20:16

Erik_Snow
Heartbreaker had a false beginning on the 2nd LA show of 1975 - does that count?

it might; i'll check with our panel of judges

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:30

On record, Tie You Up (The Pain of Love) has a false ending.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:32

Rock Me Baby with the Young brothers.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:47

"Undercover of the Night" studio version

Date: March 16, 2010 20:50

good adds - and i posted another in the wrong thread: 100 years ago

Date: March 16, 2010 20:55

Don't know how the panel approves to this suggestion.... but; YCAGWYW had a kind of false ending, at certain tours - especially 1981/1982; but also 1975/1976.....I'm awaiting for the judge to reach a verdict

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 20:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 16, 2010 20:57

I remember hearing a live version of Start Me Up that refused to stop. And then there's that version of Satisfaction from the B-stage for the Bang tour that had no ending forever.

That's false. All false. False endings - endings that don't happen.

Date: March 16, 2010 20:59

Erik_Snow
Don't know how the panel approves to this suggestion.... but; YCAGWYW had a kind of false ending, at certain tours - especially 1981/1982; but also 1975/1976.....I'm awaiting for the judge to reach a verdict

PANEL APPROVES!!!!

Date: March 16, 2010 20:59

skipstone
I remember hearing a live version of Start Me Up that refused to stop. And then there's that version of Satisfaction from the B-stage for the Bang tour that had no ending forever.

PANEL REJECTS!!!!

Date: March 16, 2010 21:01

T&A
PANEL APPROVES!!!!

what a relief! God bless....

Date: March 16, 2010 21:04

Erik_Snow
T&A
PANEL APPROVES!!!!

what a relief!

i can understand!! but, please remember others not so fortunate - and think of how poor skippy must be feeling at this time, so please try to reign in your enthusiasm....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 16, 2010 21:07

Some songs on the Paris Four Flix DVD have some false endings. That's How Strong My Love Is for sure. I don't remember which else, maybe Love Train?

Date: March 16, 2010 21:09

OK, you're right, I'll try again

T&A
PANEL APPROVES!!!!

that's OK for me, but nothing to get excited about in the long run....(false ending)..(snare-drum-rolls)...What a relief! (cymbals)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 21:09 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 16, 2010 21:15

T&A
skipstone

PANEL REJECTS!!!!

YOUR REJECT IS REJECTED AND BELAYED BY BELAY. MANY FALSE ENDINGS AD NAUSEUM NOTED ARE NOTED, APPROVED!!!!!, ACCEPTED AND DULY NOTED.

Date: March 16, 2010 21:17

skipstone
T&A
skipstone

PANEL REJECTS!!!!

YOUR REJECT IS REJECTED AND BELAYED BY BELAY. MANY FALSE ENDINGS AD NAUSEUM NOTED ARE NOTED, APPROVED!!!!!, ACCEPTED AND DULY NOTED.

you'd be one of those American Idol rejects who'd beg for a second chance. let me be Simon here for a second: "please leave before we ask the authorities to assist you..."

Date: March 16, 2010 21:21

Here's another, that's up for the panel to decide - "Rock and a Hard Place" in 1989/1990.....the part that goes "stuck between a ROCK...!"...followed by some seconds of silence. It should be counted as a false ending, I'd say..!

Date: March 16, 2010 21:25

Erik_Snow
Here's another, that's up for the panel to decide - "Rock and a Hard Place" in 1989/1990.....the part that goes "stuck between a ROCK...!"...followed by some seconds of silence. It should be counted as a false ending, I'd say..!

yes, but it's too short to qualify as a false ending...just a musical break...not the same thing. sorry - probably a big comedown after your recent success

Date: March 16, 2010 21:27

damn.....thought I was on a roll here

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 16, 2010 21:27

...and then there's the second show from Frankfurt from 1970!
This is definitely an "on" show, it's a shame that it is only a poor recording!
But on "Let It Rock" Keith seems to be unstoppable, he adds another "verse"( don't know the correct word here!) on lead-guitar, the rest of the band is quite irritated;
Jagger counts the next song ("Little Queenie) in to get control again!
Incidents like these are my favourite moments in the Stones' shows!

Date: March 16, 2010 21:34

T&A
you'd be one of those American Idol rejects who'd beg for a second chance. let me be Simon here for a second: "please leave before we ask the authorities to assist you..."

Seeing that you know so much about it, it's obvious you are talking about you and not me.

Besides, you're just jealous that you got your rejection belayed.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 16, 2010 21:35

Rank Stranger
But on "Let It Rock" Keith seems to be unstoppable, he adds another "verse"( don't know the correct word here!) on lead-guitar, the rest of the band is quite irritated;

But wouldn't this be more of a "incorrect 2nd beginning", instead of a false ending ? Hmmmmm....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 16, 2010 21:38

Heart Breaker in 75 doesn't have a false ending, but it has a cool dramatic ending where the song slows down and ends on a really long note.

Date: March 16, 2010 21:48

skipstone
T&A

Seeing that you know so much about it, it's obvious you are talking about you and not me.

Besides, you're just jealous that you got your rejection belayed.tongue sticking out smiley

tis very lonely at the top, you're right....

Date: March 16, 2010 21:50

Erik_Snow
Rank Stranger

But wouldn't this be more of a "incorrect 2nd beginning", instead of a false ending ? Hmmmmm....

rock'n'roll isn't supposed to be this complicated. we're all simpletons here - can't we just stay on topic and not confuse things more than they already are????

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home