Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Open letter to Mick, Keith and Charlie
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 18, 2010 15:52

No way would that conversation have happened, Rocky.....

Keith wouldnt have answered the phone. Mick would have had to have faxed him.

Maybe 'Gnnaarll baarll narraalllabaghhh' is what Charlie was referring to in 'Uncut' when he talks about Keith writing wonderful fax messages.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 18, 2010 15:57

I asked Don Was and he said that he won't deny that Mick didn't have a phone conversation with Keith. When further pressed, he confirmed that he won't say that Keith has a telephone and that he might use it for talking to Mick.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 18, 2010 15:57

what the hell happened? he even played on one of Keith's albums; went onstage with them, since this breach of contract; has made no comment, no book, etc...

mysterious.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 18, 2010 19:41

stoneswashed77
"skippy" you obviously have a problem. just read my posts correctly. and don´t always post something yourself that you always take back when criticized for it and pretend you never said it this way or meant it differently.

Again, such brilliance. You just LOVE to take things out of context. Perhaps you should change your name to Silverface.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 21:56

you are the idiot who postet the pic of a silverface champ amp.

so you change your name.

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 19, 2010 06:47

open letter to mick, keith, charlie and bill:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love beelyboy

u too taylor.
rest in peace nicky and stu...xoxoxoxoxoxo

rolling stones forever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 06:48 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 19, 2010 10:27

Beelyboy
open letter to mick, keith, charlie and bill:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love beelyboy

u too taylor.
rest in peace nicky and stu...xoxoxoxoxoxo

rolling stones forever

Tsk tsk, you forgot about someone!

Date: March 19, 2010 16:51

stoneswashed77
you are the idiot who postet the pic of a silverface champ amp.

so you change your name.

eye rolling smiley

Actually, YOU are the idiot for assuming that, which makes you, ha ha, the obvious, when I've explained that that picture is just a picture of a Champ, the only one I saw, which means what kind it is moot, just like I told you a million times but you neglect to actually figure anything out because, I dunno, you know all or you don't understand English or you were at all the Stones recording sessions. Then again, the more you point out something that is moot it will become fact here so please, keep it up.

Brilliant. Bravo. Encore. Please continue with your excellent display of wit, it's very entertaining.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:27

skippy you are such a waste. you open your mouth to every topic only to reveal that you have superficial knowledge at best.

we talk about the sound of cyhmk. and you say a champ and no pedal because keith spoke about it in an interviews once. why not just shut up if you don´t have no clue. you don´t even know what type of champ he was talking about.

we talk about mastering. you say everyone who masters within 1 day is a beginner using garage band. when i tell you bob ludwig does it within 6-8 hours. you still don´t shut up but "know" everything better.

and that´s just two examples.

you talk about recording techniques and guitars and everything even though verifiable not knowing enough about it.

i am quite certain you will find an answer to this again.

but for me that was it with you, that´s my last reply to you,
you bore the daylights out of me with your lack of knowledge.

that´s just not interesting and i learn nothing from you in comparison to others on this board.

and you refuse to learn or accept to be wrong.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:31

<sigh> can't you two just have sex and end the tension once and for all?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:44

I've always thought that mick taylor has been incredibly silent on this supposed bitterness over the years.

IMHO I think it was very mean of the band to find a way of avoiding paying him performance royalties.As far as uncredited songwriting goes.......the jury is out AND where would it stop ?....... Brian, Charlie, Bill, Stu,Nicky,Gram,Ry Cooder ?

Bill brought out his book before he'd even officially left the band.MT could make a wedge from a warts and all inside account of the golden years ,if he wanted to.

scuk

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:50

As much as I agree that Taylor should receive every cent he is owed -(if he is owed anything), I think there is far more speculation than information on this topic here.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 19, 2010 18:10

Rocky Dijon
<sigh> can't you two just have sex and end the tension once and for all?

Sex and fun. Will make them the two bluesiest and happiest guys on this boardwinking smiley.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 19, 2010 18:50

rubyeveryday
We love you. We love your music. Exile was a masterpiece. Mick Taylor was instrumental in its creation. Mick has not fared as well as you since his self-imposed exile. But, rock gods, life is short. Balance your karma accounts while you can. Give Mick Taylor full credit, and payments, when the album is reissued. If you do it right - warm media statement, show up at a couple of his gigs (he'll be on tour just before the re-release date), etc. - you can create big buzz and increase sales. Just saying. Can anyone out there give me an amen?

Yes and amen. It's a nice idea and it would be extremely nice a gesture of the Glimmer Twins, but I am afraid their business policy doesn't include such altruistic moves.

So gimme all your money Give me all your gold

[Who are you, rubyeveryday, by the way?]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:37

kleermaker

Sex and fun. Will make them the two bluesiest and happiest guys on this boardwinking smiley.

Yup they can explore their Crawling King Snakes then afterwards Wang Dang Doodle all night long!

drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 19:38 by His Majesty.

Date: March 19, 2010 21:01

stoneswashed77
skippy you are such a waste. you open your mouth to every topic only to reveal that you have superficial knowledge at best.

we talk about the sound of cyhmk. and you say a champ and no pedal because keith spoke about it in an interviews once. why not just shut up if you don´t have no clue. you don´t even know what type of champ he was talking about.

we talk about mastering. you say everyone who masters within 1 day is a beginner using garage band. when i tell you bob ludwig does it within 6-8 hours. you still don´t shut up but "know" everything better.

and that´s just two examples.

you talk about recording techniques and guitars and everything even though verifiable not knowing enough about it.

i am quite certain you will find an answer to this again.

but for me that was it with you, that´s my last reply to you,
you bore the daylights out of me with your lack of knowledge.

that´s just not interesting and i learn nothing from you in comparison to others on this board.

and you refuse to learn or accept to be wrong.

You are hilarious! You insist on taking things I say - and even ask - out of context. Like the Champ - I never said from the beginning what kind OF Champ, just that Keith likes Champs. In ALL that I have read he has never implied what KIND of Champ he used, just that he likes them. I show a picture of a Champ and you jump on the THAT'S NOT THE KIND OF CHAMP KEITH USES wagon. I never did say what KIND of Champ he uses, YOU did.

I did not say, again, for the bazillionth time, that he did in fact use a Champ for CYHMK, just that with a Champ one can get a "SIMILAR SOUND". Why you have trouble understanding that and arguing about it I don't understand. I suggested that Keith PROBABLY didn't use a pedal based on what I've read him say in NUMEROUS publishings about VARIOUS recording sessions. Never did I say that THAT is what he always does and that THAT is the permanent truth. Low and behold someone else suggest similar and it's OK but if I say something that is not down the middle of your anusistic nose vision of what reality is for a Stones recording session well then I'm better off.

It might take some people and obviously it does take Ludwig 6-8 hours to master/remaster but if you were to read about what they did for Virgin, there were mistakes and things had to be done over - THAT was the point that you failed to keep in context. That was the point. But no, you make everything sound like you're ordering a sandwich from Subway. You are so arrogant you ignore context. You have no site of what context is.

I talk from my own experience of recording in various studios in parts of the United States for the past 10 years. Which you know nothing about - my experience, that is.

"Don't have no clue". Correct. You are correct. Never shall the language escape you. And, obviously unbeknownst to you, I do admit when I'm wrong or out of line when it's serious enough to take seriously. But this has just turned into a gigantic bowl of piss. If you had simply regarded the context, none of this would have happened. And that is the point I was making - that I did not know for a fact, just suggesting this or that, something or other.

Anyway, whatever, it doesn't matter. And doing this without cursing is quite entertaining as well.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:05

Thanks for your time thoughts and consideration. I just thought that with the reissue they could give MT a break and it wouldn't really cost them anything out of pocket. Me? I'm just a guy who loves a band . . .

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home