Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
download exile article Uncut april2010
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 14, 2010 09:12

Here the link
Enjoy

[www.yousendit.com]

Re: download exile article Uncut april2010
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 14, 2010 10:56

thank you cool smiley

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 14, 2010 11:07

wow !!!
thank you !

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: March 14, 2010 11:18

If you come across it: buy it as well. Better for the magazine and better for you, 'cause it contains a fantastic CD with great artists playing great songs in the spirit of the Rolling Stones. Highly recommended!

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: March 14, 2010 22:58

The website says the download limit has been reached...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 15, 2010 20:45

FreeBird, I'm re-uploading it at the moment, stay tuned (slow connection).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-15 20:54 by Milan.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 15, 2010 20:57

Here we go... [www.sendspace.com]

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 15, 2010 22:31

Read the article in the magazine. Haven't managed to listen to the free CD yet, but only really heard of Ian Hunter.

Great article. some really interesting bits. seems Jagger was defensive about the new vocals being added. and the guy who wrote the article had managed to lsiten to three of the new tracks. Mentined that he thougt they sounded like they had a modern sheen. have a feeling some of the new tracks will appear to be'jarring' when taken in context with the original album. will have to wait and see.

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: March 15, 2010 22:41

I bought the magazine last week and really enjoyed reading those interviews. As always it's great fun to read what Mick and Keith say from each other. And how they did some lyrics, that nothing meant, like the Bourrougs-style-song.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 16, 2010 00:38

Also the CD is great!!!

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 04:14

You can download the whole mag here:

[www.getvn.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 16, 2010 04:32

....Jagger on the deluxe version of Exile.....if it does shit...I'm not doing it again.....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 16, 2010 11:48

Thanks for the download ,milan

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 16:41 by SwayStones.

Date: March 16, 2010 11:51

Rip This
....Jagger on the deluxe version of Exile.....if it does shit...I'm not doing it again.....

I am very afraid about his voice on the dubs...

Date: March 16, 2010 14:15

...why?...at the end of the day you are buying Exile for Exile...the outakes are just a bonus..dubbed....overdubbed....dubbed out of their minds.....they have no bearing on the actual document Exile...sit back enjoy the show...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 16, 2010 14:49

Rip This
...why?...at the end of the day you are buying Exile for Exile...the outakes are just a bonus..dubbed....overdubbed....dubbed out of their minds.....they have no bearing on the actual document Exile...sit back enjoy the show...smiling bouncing smiley

I totally dig what your saying, but from a personal perspective I'm buying Exile more for the new (old?!) tracks, DVD, book etc.

can lsiten to Exile anytime. be good to listen to the remastered version. but what's got me salivating like pavlov's dogs is the bonus tracks. yum yum!

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 14:57

boogie1969
You can download the whole mag here: [www.getvn.com]

Thank you much for this.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 16, 2010 16:19

Thanks for the article,
Amazing how some reporters manage to speak to three Stones, write an article of 10 pages
and more, and come up with absolutely nothing new to get me thinking about. Such a waste
of energy and effort.
Still, thanks for posting it.

Date: March 16, 2010 16:46

Rip This

Again,I would have prefer to hear the original tracks as they were recorded earlier.
There is something intersesting on the 2d page >>they sound suspiciously smooth for Exile outtakes...Keith assured me they were recorded at Nellcôte and Jagger refuses to discuss when his vocals were added .<<

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 19:44

Great read, thank you.

So who is the walking Stones Encyclopedia / bootleg enthusiast that Universal used? Is he lurking here?

Can't believe he would have been tasked with sending Mick Tropical Disease or Hillside Blues and then include the tracks from the BB King record from the 90's.

Would love to hear the story from the horses's mouth.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2010 19:48

If he's lurking, I'd imagine he's too embarrassed to own up.

(I think the BB King stuff though was mentioned by Keith or Don in the Rolling Stone interview - not this one - because it was happened to be in the same reel of tapes as some of the Exile material. The guy who sent Mick bootlegs apparently (according to Mick) sent him stuff from the late 70s. )

Date: March 16, 2010 22:50

SwayStones
Rip This

Again,I would have prefer to hear the original tracks as they were recorded earlier.
There is something intersesting on the 2d page >>they sound suspiciously smooth for Exile outtakes...Keith assured me they were recorded at Nellcôte and Jagger refuses to discuss when his vocals were added .<<

...well then perhaps you should also worry about what exactly did Mick Taylor do?...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 18, 2010 18:20

So, I get three things out of this article:

1. Keith Richards really believes the myth about Exile being recorded at Nellcote;
2. Jagger does not have the slightest interest in these kind of projects, looking back, or the Stones in general, and
3. The extra tracks might as well be new Jagger solo recordings produced by Don Was.

Mathijs

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2010 18:27

Mathijs
So, I get three things out of this article:

1. Keith Richards really believes the myth about Exile being recorded at Nellcote;
2. Jagger does not have the slightest interest in these kind of projects, looking back, or the Stones in general, and
3. The extra tracks might as well be new Jagger solo recordings produced by Don Was.

Mathijs

I wouldn't take that article too seriously if I were you. If the Exile bonus CD is of the same 'quality' as that article, well then we'll be very disappointed! So I wait and see.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2010 18:42

"Amazing how some reporters manage to speak to three Stones, write an article of 10 pages
and more, and come up with absolutely nothing new to get me thinking about. Such a waste
of energy and effort."

Exactly what I'm thinking : a waste of time. The RS interview (that includes Don Was) is far more informative...

Date: March 18, 2010 18:44

And I may be wrong but wasn't the coer pic taken in 70? Poor job indeed eye rolling smiley

Date: March 18, 2010 18:46

dcba
And I may be wrong but wasn't the coer pic taken in 70? Poor job indeed eye rolling smiley

It also seems to me that this is the cover pic.

Date: March 18, 2010 18:48

Rip This
SwayStones
Rip This

...well then perhaps you should also worry about what exactly did Mick Taylor do?...

May you rephrase/reword the last sentense you wrote,I don't get it .winking smiley

Date: March 18, 2010 19:04

Sway j'ai même l'impression que la photo vient de Hyde Park'69 confused smiley
Trans : the cover pic could even stem from Hyde Park'69...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 18, 2010 19:14

"So I wait and see."

Sounds a great idea to me?

"And I may be wrong but wasn't the coer pic taken in 70? Poor job indeed"

Now if that aint nit picking over nothing??? Blimey!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home