Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A new question for stone-relics
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 23, 2008 15:07

Hi John:

Two months ago you answer a question about matrix numbers with this words: "See Karnback, session section. He has a master tape sheet in the book that lists cities for each code. Each of those cities had a pressing plant"

I have the European version of this book... well, I believe that is exactly the same book edited in UK, but I CAN'T find that "master tape sheet" in my book.

The US version of the book is:
James Karnbach & Carol Bernson - It's Only Rock & Roll: The Ultimate Guide To The Rolling Stones
1997 0816030359 Facts On File

and I have:
James Karnbach & Carol Bernson - The Complete Recording Guide To The Rolling Stones
1997 1-85410-533-7 Aurum Press, UK
The cover is a picture of Jagger's face singing in 1989.

Same year, near same title... I believe is the same book, but I can't find that info about matrix numbers...

My book have a 404 pages with a foreword by Mick Taylor and Chronology, Tours, SESSIONOGRAPHY, Discography, Films, TV Apperances, Promo Vids & Boots.

If I'm only missing ONE PAGE, I don't want to buy again the same book for just one page, so please: let me know if I'm missing just one page.

...can somebody here scan this page...

Many thanks.

Re: A new question for stone-relics
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 23, 2008 15:30

I will scan the page for you when I get home from work.

Best,

JR

Date: June 23, 2008 21:20

Great!!!

Many thanks smiling smiley

Anyway, please: can somebody tell me if the books are different?
I can buy again the book if there are more "lost" pages.... thanks

Date: June 23, 2008 21:44

Here ya go, its page 266. I have a UK and US copy. Both the same.

Best,

JR

Date: June 25, 2008 15:07

Thanks John: sorry for the delay but I was working far from home for two days.

....So my book is exactly the same as the US version (that picture appears in the same number of page), but the question is that I don't understand that master tape.... smiling smiley

Perhaps this page means that the records with matrix ending in 1A - 1B were made in Ghoversville, the ones with matrix ending 1C - 1 D were made in Pinckneyville... I'm right?

John: you give me a lot of info through the years, and I can't do the same for you since I'm a modest collector, but for one time let me explain you one thing. I read somewhere that you also collect spanish LPs.
Well, in Spain Colombia (the Southamerican country) is called ColOmbia, not ColUmbia. ColUmbia was the name of the factory of the Inurrieta family, in San Sebastian (north of Spain) in which were made the 60's records of the Rolling Stones... I never heard here anything about Export Records Made in Spain for the ColOmbia Market... ColUmbia is just the name of the factory.
They even made by mistake some copies of the Get Off Of My Cloud single without the Decca name on the label and with the Columbia name, but was a misprint.
There is no relation between Columbia (the factory in Spain) and the intenational record company CBS.
I hope this info can help you and sorry for my bad english sad smiley

Date: June 25, 2008 21:21

Do you know if James Karnbach is writing a new version of this book?

Date: June 25, 2008 22:08

Ricky
Do you know if James Karnbach is writing a new version of this book?

No....doubtful it will ever be updated. I have tried to get him to do it, but, to no avail.

Yes, those matrix code in the scan, show the cities where the LPs were pressed. I wish I have one for each of the early lps...

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home