Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rip This Joint......By Chuck Leavell...!?!?!?!
Posted by: woody4prez ()
Date: June 20, 2008 18:54

Reason #3,876,456,761/2 why I hate this man......he is no good for the Stones. PERIOD!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name=""movie"" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed

Re: Rip This Joint......By Chuck Leavell...!?!?!?!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 20, 2008 18:59

?

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: June 20, 2008 19:00

Well, I'm afraid we have a little disagreement here!

I think Chuck's a great musician and his style fits with the Stones quite well.

And I like the fact that as a "musical director", it's been stated that he pushes the band to include rare songs in the set lists when he's got the chance. That can't be bad!

Anyway, it's just a matter of taste, so all my respect to your opinion.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: June 20, 2008 19:06

I love Chuck, great musician, very fan friendly and an environmentalist to boot. If you've ever sat close to the boys, they are all looking at Chuck to make sure the changes are where they're supposed to be.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 20, 2008 19:42

Not that bad I thought....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 20, 2008 20:12

Chuck is amazing... Oh come on, he used to play w/ Allman Bros!

Date: June 20, 2008 20:40

Amazing? He is a good keyboard player, but plays way too much. And he´s style is a bit too "kind" for The Stones IMO.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 20, 2008 20:45

he plays too happy

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 20, 2008 20:55

Rik
he plays too happy

Exactly !!

The Stones always were about "dark & dangerous" . .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 20, 2008 20:59

I saw him play this live in Hawkinsville, Georgia. It was rockin'.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 20, 2008 21:04

....woody4prez, you actually "hate" Chuck? For what? because you don't want him to be a part of your favorite rock and roll band? Wow........and for that you hate another human being?

....oh, is it also because he "plays too happy?".....what the fvck?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 20, 2008 22:43

doster
I love Chuck, great musician, very fan friendly and an environmentalist to boot. If you've ever sat close to the boys, they are all looking at Chuck to make sure the changes are where they're supposed to be.

Environmentalist? Part of his business is to have people pay big bucks to hunt on his property. You know, kill lots of animals just for fun.

Of course, that doesn't hurt the environment.

Mathijs

Date: June 20, 2008 22:46

As always, threads detour into someone's agenda instead of the music. "Rip This Joint", remember?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-20 22:46 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:00

HE PLAYS CHEAP ! Just ask Mac from the Faces. The worst thing that ever happened to the Stones.

Date: June 21, 2008 02:11

But this version is actually ok. Just to be a bit deceant smiling smiley But Chuck is too nice for The Stones.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 21, 2008 02:35

......"too nice?"

I'm gonna go outside and beat the crap out of my neighbor's cat just so I can fit in with the rest of you........NOT!!!!

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: June 21, 2008 12:08

Don't forget this is a Chuck Leavell's gig and not a Stones' ! It is normal for the piano to be high in the mix. Playin with the Stones I had nothing to reproach him and surely not the fact that he tries to convince to put new songs in the set ! Who would do that if he didn't, surely not Keith Ronnie or Charlie !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: June 21, 2008 13:50

I think it's pretty reasonable actually. I'm not Chuck's biggest fan, for sure but i think he receives far too much stick. The Stones themselves are as much to blame for their own shortcomings instead of loading it onto Chuck.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 21, 2008 13:53

Come on this is a fun performance!

Date: June 21, 2008 15:16

Let me attempt to explain my opinion about Chuck: This guys image just isn't "rock&roll" enough. He over plays, he seems to have an ego the size of Alaska, and he has far too much control over The Stones. I cannot watch any dvd that has LSTNT on it because during his little intro, that grin on his face makes me want to puke.

Chuck seems like the kind of guy that Keith would have picked on in school.

I know he's been in loads of bands and has been around for ever. It doesn't matter. With the exception of the Stones, all the bands he's been in suck, Allmans included. Worthless southern rock crap.

He is right about the enviroment, but the hunting thing is wrong. Just because he's an enviromentalist doesn't make him great, Charles Manson is one too, but people don't say he's ok. I'm sure Chuck is a nice guy, but he just don't cut it for me, not on the same stage that has Keith Richards on it.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 21, 2008 15:18

Chuckie rocks. Always.

Date: June 21, 2008 15:23

woody wrote:

With the exception of the Stones, all the bands he's been in suck, Allmans included. Worthless southern rock crap.

I'd laugh if this wasn't so sad. "Jessica" is Chuck's shining moment with the ABB, and they have many more. I like worthless southern rock crap!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 21, 2008 15:46

Oh come on, if you were on stage with the Stones you'd be smiling too. 'Dark and Dangerous' the Stones aren't any more, but that isn't chuck's fault.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 21, 2008 23:00

Chuck's a lucky guy.
Not in the league of Nicky, Stu etc. Billy Powell of original Skynyrd is the best piano player of the Southern bands of the 70s. More talent than LS has given him a chance to show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-22 07:18 by stonesrule.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 21, 2008 23:53

F--k a bunch of Chuck!! IMHO.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: June 22, 2008 05:30

Funny, I was just thinking today (probably while hearing him Chuck-up some Stones song) that, were they to tour again, they would never replace him. He has become too necessary -- like the mystery guitarist under the stage.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 22, 2008 05:44

I know he's been in loads of bands and has been around for ever. It doesn't matter. With the exception of the Stones, all the bands he's been in suck, Allmans included. Worthless southern rock crap.

Thank you for your worthless opinion.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 22, 2008 05:51

woody4prez
Let me attempt to explain my opinion about Chuck: This guys image just isn't "rock&roll" enough. He over plays, he seems to have an ego the size of Alaska, and he has far too much control over The Stones. I cannot watch any dvd that has LSTNT on it because during his little intro, that grin on his face makes me want to puke.

Chuck seems like the kind of guy that Keith would have picked on in school.

He is right about the enviroment, but the hunting thing is wrong. Just because he's an enviromentalist doesn't make him great, Charles Manson is one too, but people don't say he's ok. I'm sure Chuck is a nice guy, but he just don't cut it for me, not on the same stage that has Keith Richards on it.

"hunting thing".... Its good Keef has someone killin'/huntin'/breedin'
and slaughterin' his meat in the shepherds pie as well as Mick has someone to catch his fish. Whatever that has to do with music? smiling smiley
[en.wikipedia.org] (recipe for Shepherd's Pie)

Date: June 22, 2008 14:52

My opinion isn't any more "wothless" than any others. I simply state the facts, the way I see them. Last time I checked, this was still legal.

The man is just not cool to me. I tried to like him, I really did. Its too bad I feel the way I do. If I liked him, I'd have it made, because he is in too many dvds way too often. The dude is hard to escape.

I've just never liked the man, and always will.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home