Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any Johnny Winter fan here ?
Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:05

He is too abrasive...

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:56

I've always liked Johnny Winter but have never seen him live, I had front row tickets to see him in Memphis in August 1977 then E died and he canciled the show.

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 07:43

A great bluesman. I've always been a fan. Last time I saw him was in 2006, and it was a stormin' show. But his set lists haven't varied much over the past few years. Glad to hear is doing OK.

One of the first albums I ever bought (1970) was "Second Winter". A great album, re-released a few years back with a killer 1970 gig from London. But I thought the original vinyl was a bit weird as it was a 3-sided double album--4th side was blank. Never saw that before, and felt a bit ripped off at the time. "Nothing But The Blues", another fine album from 1977.

Also worth remembering that JW did a lot for bringing Muddy Waters back out again in the late 70s. Have a listen to "Hard Again" and "Muddy 'Mississippi' Waters Live".

Date: April 15, 2011 08:25

bigtyke66
A great bluesman. I've always been a fan. Last time I saw him was in 2006, and it was a stormin' show. But his set lists haven't varied much over the past few years. Glad to hear is doing OK.

One of the first albums I ever bought (1970) was "Second Winter". A great album, re-released a few years back with a killer 1970 gig from London. But I thought the original vinyl was a bit weird as it was a 3-sided double album--4th side was blank. Never saw that before, and felt a bit ripped off at the time. "Nothing But The Blues", another fine album from 1977.

Also worth remembering that JW did a lot for bringing Muddy Waters back out again in the late 70s. Have a listen to "Hard Again" and "Muddy 'Mississippi' Waters Live".

what happened with second winter was the record company/johnny and the producer thought all of the material was great. they didn't want to leave any songs on the cutting room floor and johnny didn't have time to record anymore so it was 3 sides

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:33

what happened with second winter was the record company/johnny and the producer thought all of the material was great. they didn't want to leave any songs on the cutting room floor and johnny didn't have time to record anymore so it was 3 sides

That's strange because I think it's my weakest JW-album, musically...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:36

keefriffhard4life
bigtyke66

That I can believe--it's a great album. But as a poor teen, it was a bit weird ponying up for a double album and getting 3 sides ... confused smiley.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 15, 2011 14:14

bigtyke66

There are some great bootlegs from this period that are worth checking out.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home