Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Box Sets Rule!
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 5, 2010 21:35

Being a bit of a vinyl junkie, Got the YaYa's box set. followed by the sweet ass Sticky fingers and now we got the Exile release to look forward to. All in all now is a crackin time to be a fan of vinyl releases.

Lots has been said about the downloading of music and it's effect upon the music industry. but because of the downturn in profits, it seems they have had to look for other ways to generate profits. Not only do we get bands relying more heavily on the income from tours, multi formats of a product seems to be making a comeback. Producing sweet packages with loads of desirable extras and in desriable packaging makes buying music a real pleasure.

I've always bought the vinyl version of records over any other release. didn't even like CD's and only buy those when not released on vinyl format. Totally digging this new rennaisance.

ROCKIN'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-05 21:43 by Monkeytonkman.

Re: New Box Sets Rule!
Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 5, 2010 21:49

Totally agree with you... I feel the same way.

But according to the information from Universal it looks like we're not getting the Exile bonus tracks on vinyl, which I find a bit disappointing. On the Ya Ya's box set they had separate vinyl for the bonus tracks, why not the same for Exile ??? 10 tracks should fit one vinyl right ??? Just hope the info from Universal are wrong.

Still haven't got the Sticky Fingers vinyl box, it's on the way. Is it any good?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 5, 2010 21:53

Hillside Blues
Totally agree with you... I feel the same way.

But according to the information from Universal it looks like we're not getting the Exile bonus tracks on vinyl, which I find a bit disappointing. On the Ya Ya's box set they had separate vinyl for the bonus tracks, why not the same for Exile ??? 10 tracks should fit one vinyl right ??? Just hope the info from Universal are wrong.

Still haven't got the Sticky Fingers vinyl box, it's on the way. Is it any good?

You're right. how sweet it would be to listening to the 10 new tracks for the first time on vinyl. SWEEEETah

As for the Fingers release. for my money, it's have to go some to compare to the original vinyl version. nothing compares dudemore. ha

Rock on

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 5, 2010 22:03

Vinyl pressings of digitally remastered music... interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home