Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A new BBC document of death of Brian
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2006 05:36

On Monday there is a ten minute BBC Inside Out story of the death of Brian Jones.

But what makes this thing more interesting is the probable new evidence based on investigations by Trevor Hobley and his group. A piece of new evidence is, at least, a 'signed 1969 document'. Based on new evidence, there are some legal actions to be expected in a near future: they are about to try to overturn the old verdict 'death by misadventune' and, consequently, try to re-open the case. If no success, they plan to take the case to European Court of Human Rights, and BBC will document every stage of each procedure.

(To those who are not familiar with mr. Hobley's investigations - I am not any expert either, but what I have heard already is that the investigation is much concentrated on Brian´'s legal right for the name "The Rolling Stones", and his murder - as it is supposed to be the case - is somehow linked to that. What was hinted earlier in this year of the results of the investigations was that "Keith Richards, Bill Wyman,and Charlie Watts has nothing to do with the murder". Leaves one name out, huh?)

See what happens. Any thoughts?

Here is the link:
[www.brianjonesfanclub.com]

- Doxa

Re: A new BBC document of death of Brian
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 5, 2006 06:22

I believe it was Coloniel Mustard, with the candlestick, in the library.

Date: November 5, 2006 08:14

>>What was hinted earlier in this year of the results of the investigations was >>that "Keith Richards, Bill Wyman,and Charlie Watts has nothing to do with the >>murder". Leaves one name out, huh?

Sure does... Brian Jones!!!!!!!

Suicide.
Perhaps accidental...

Date: November 5, 2006 12:28

NumberOneStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>What was hinted earlier in this year of the
> results of the investigations was >>that "Keith
> Richards, Bill Wyman,and Charlie Watts has nothing
> to do with the >>murder". Leaves one name out,
> huh?
>
>
> Sure does... Brian Jones!!!!!!!
>
> Suicide.
> Perhaps accidental...

You didn't see Mick Taylor either...

- Doxa

Date: November 5, 2006 16:55

LMAO! Mick Taylor had an elaborate plan of murdering someone who was fired from the band that he was invited to join after the firing?! Makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 5, 2006 17:42

Well, if the BBC is covering this, it's got to be serious news. Why are so many Stones fans squeemish at the thought of Brian possibly having been murdered?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 5, 2006 17:53

neptune Wrote:
> Why are so many Stones fans
> squeemish at the thought of Brian possibly having
> been murdered?

Because Jagger and Taylor are 2 of the persons accused. And one don't make accusations about murder unless one are certain...and have evidence.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 5, 2006 17:58

I would not count Taylor as being a suspect. No way.
For the rest, it just seems to farfetched to put it on Jagger. How convenient.
Either way, it won´t bring Brian back, so why not leave it be?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 5, 2006 18:00

It was....MURDER?!??!

*Drops monicle*
*Cue da dun DAAAA music!*

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 5, 2006 18:06

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> neptune Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why are so many Stones fans
> > squeemish at the thought of Brian possibly
> having
> > been murdered?
>
>
> Because Jagger and Taylor are 2 of the persons
> accused. And one don't make accusations about
> murder unless one are certain...and have evidence.

Also because, that "Jagger and others murdered Brian" is such a good story for the press, who are only interested in selling papers and making money...that one can't trust stories like that at all.
Unless the police make statements, news about this subject don't mean anything at all. It's making a soap-opera about a tragic death, and it shows lack of respect of Brian and Mick.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 5, 2006 18:37

It'll be total bollocks.

Date: November 6, 2006 06:28

yeah, the edited footage of Altamont will show both Mick's leap into the crowd and stab that "guy with the loud neon jacket". Totally nuts.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 6, 2006 10:47

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> neptune Wrote:
> -----
> having
> > been murdered?
>
>

And of course Jagger dint kill Brian, Stones killed him when they bullied him those last years, Keith killed him by his total lack of respect (Anita), and Jagger was just an ass, but then he was an ass when Keith was ill in the 70s as well. Big ego. And Brian was deeply depressed. Anita probably killed him when she left him for Keith. He really lost his band, his role within the band and the only girl he really loved to the guy who replaced him on stage. He had nothing left to live for and noone cared.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 6, 2006 14:30

how did Taylor kill Brian?
- bore him to death with a 30 min, guitar solo?

Date: November 6, 2006 15:25

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> neptune Wrote:
> -----
> having
> > been murdered?
>
>

Well, actually neither of Micks is really accused (and the name Taylor was just brought by nasty me...). What do we know by now is this public announcement by Trevor Hobley in LARS board in last summer:

"Another important question asked of me yesterday was whether I believed the other Stones were complicit in Brian’s death. I will tell you all, as I stated yesterday, I have no information or evidence of any premeditated involvement in Brian’s death by Messer’s Richards, Watts or Wyman and that’s as far as I want to go on this subject at this time."

So, that's all. Later was said that one should not read too much of the absence of the name of Jagger. They promised more information in few weeks time. But then came a long silence, and finally two days ago was this news about BBC making a document based on Hobley's investigations.

I brought the subject up because of the new BBC document (not to debate about the supposed murder of Brian Jones; there is an old long thread for that here: [www.iorr.org]). Anyone able to see it tonight?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-06 15:32 by Doxa.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 6, 2006 20:46

Inside Out is a sort of umbrella title for a range of local documentary programmes that go out in the 7.30 - 8 slot, and as far as I can see the Brian Jones stuff is only going to be shown in one region (it's BBC Bristol so probably Wales & the West). I'll watch the London Inside Out just in case...

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: November 6, 2006 21:06

see link below

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: November 7, 2006 13:50

I finally see the clip of it:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I must say that there was nothing new in that report that is not known prior and discussed in the web sites. Trevor Hobley tells those points about Brian owning the name "The Rolling Stones", and that might have been the motive for his murder. But of course, NO any evidence was even suggested, no Stones or their management was directly accused of anything, just briefly hinted; the whole things was just pure speculation. But what insisted for was to examine Brian's dead body to overturn the old verdict "Death By Misadventure", and that would be the first step in solving the 'crime'. The point of BBC report was to make it more public, I think. Gather people's attention and interest.

And then there was some local musicians telling how incredible Brian was, Mick was just next to nothing in the early days, and these guys were making a song for his memory, a remake of "Fortune Teller". Pathetic.

"See you in court", is the next step I hope, if this whole thing is ever going to achieve some progress, not just tabloid journalism.

- Doxa

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: November 7, 2006 13:57

I don't understand why nobody has considered Allen Klein, for what's the matter.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 7, 2006 14:01

Load of old bullocks.

let the man rest in peace......

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 7, 2006 14:02

The news is that Brian didn't drown in that pool. It was Paul.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: November 7, 2006 14:13

Blondie Chaplin is Brian, in disguise.

Date: November 7, 2006 14:15

riccardo99 Wrote:
> I don't understand why nobody has considered Allen
> Klein, for what's the matter.

Well, I think he has always been the number one suspect (brains) in those conspiracy theories, under the rubric of "Stones management". That's him. The Stones were his money machine, so Brian was, with his insistence on the band's name, and all - threating him in the first place. What is 'questionable' is how much the Stones themselves are involved or know about it... Then there is always suspectible Tom Keylock - he knew everybody involved, horogood, Brian, etc., was there (or not) in teh night that happened... what was his role? Planned the hit?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-07 14:16 by Doxa.

Date: November 7, 2006 14:18

my sources tell me Meredith Hunter was responsible-
but they had to cover it up, that's why he got whacked at Altamont.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: November 7, 2006 14:47

Although Klein seems to be the chief suspect there were rumblings a few months ago on the LARS board at least, that Jagger was also implicated. Apparently his moves on the day of Brian's death were deemed to be "suspicious" whatever that means. Some people think Keylock actually carried out a hit or that he got a couple of Thorogood's casual builders to do it, one of whom supposedly confessed to Geoffrey Guiliano.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 7, 2006 14:59

all the time this very very same speculations shit again, just like Princess Diana. I treat this like all UFO stories: its possible that intelligent life exists on other planets, but I believe in this only and finally when they show up here on earth in a way that leaves no doubts (not flying objects than can be everything else).

its all speculation shit and I lead my own life and have other things to waste my time with instead of participating in speculations over an incident which is nearly 30 years ago and I was not present.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-07 15:01 by alimente.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: November 7, 2006 15:02

Just because they are paranoid conspiracy stories doesn't mean they aren't true: that is, one of them may be true, because the official story is full of holes.

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: November 7, 2006 15:21

Kennedy-like...it's always a good story...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 7, 2006 16:05

I did not say that this all is not true, I say its speculations over speculations and you can speculate anything just like in Diana case or UFOs, but I want these hard facts otherwise its waste of time.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:32

I realize it is part of Stones history that Brian named the band, but since intellectual property did not exist as a legal concept at the time I don't think Klein or the Stones had anything to fear. The name was not registered or trademarked until Prince Rupert came aboard a year after Brian's death. Musidor's claim was an attempt (unsuccessful as it turned out) to prevent Klein or Decca from repackaging old material. They did succeed in establishing a logo and brand that proved very lucrative with merchandising and existed in no form prior to 1970. Before that, it was just a name. It didn't matter how famous they were in 1969, there were no legal grounds for Brian to claim ownership. Tons of bands saw founding members come and go in the 60s without being forced to change names because a former member thought it up.

As for exhuming Brian, what would that prove? What's left to examine after 37 years? I don't wish to be disrespectful, but it seems a moot point.

What were Jagger's mysterious moves the day Brian died? Are we to suppose his choosing to record Stevie Wonder's "I Don't Know Why I Love You" was indicative of a guilty conscience? I'm sure Klein and the Stones have ties to organized crime by simple virtue of their habits and industry, but I have yet to read anything that convinces me that Brian did anything that night other then get stoned and drown. As for his guests taking off before the police arrived, I would have done the same. Who needed another Redlands-style bust?

Finally, I have never understood how others were responsible for Brian's drug abuse. The wealthy may be able to afford minders, but it doesn't alleviate them of personal responsibility. I have read where people are pissed that Keith gave Brian drugs when they told him he was sacked. If it happened, Brian was probably quite pleased. Were drugs good for him? No. Did Brian want drugs? Yes. That doesn't make Keith responsible or Tom Keylock or anyone else. Brian was responsible for Brian. He was a big boy just like everyone else. Enormously talented, sorry he's gone, but unless there is proof he was murdered, he had no one to blame but himself.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home