Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The first time to "The Last Time"
Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 2, 2008 00:14

For all of the Stones "know it all's". How many concerts do you estimate that they have done. I know that this is probably a far reaching question and even worse it's hard to imagine. An actual accounting of the number of concerts since they first appeared on stage until a cutoff point. The cutoff point being the last show of the last tour.

Re: The first time to "The Last Time"
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 2, 2008 00:15

I bet ya got 2-3 thorough-thought answers within 45-60 minutes.
I have no idea & no interest of countin them all.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 2, 2008 00:16

Well, Gazza was able to pinpoint the 2000th, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 2, 2008 00:17

[www.nzentgraf.de]
go to each year, press Control+F and write "The Last Time", your browser will show you how many results the page contains - in other words, how many times the band played it.
eee... they played it on No Security tour a lot, and I think some Oldham years... That I don't really love, so don't really know.
sorry I couldn't help more, maybe someone else will try smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-02 00:18 by Amused.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 2, 2008 00:18

Wyman could tell you up to the day he left. And if you want , buy his books, hahhaha, he painstakingly almost recounts every one!

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 2, 2008 01:04

I bought one of Wyman's books on ebay "Stone Alone". It came with a free copy of George Bush's memoirs. The latter was the most interesting by far. If only Wild Bill Wyman could have remembered that he was married more often!
Anyway, the number of concerts puzzled me because of the Stones longevity.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 2, 2008 01:06

It's a hard thing to define.. what to include.. tv performances.. promotional concerts (flatbed).. semi-Stones shows (New Barbarians).. and so on. It's pretty difficult.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 2, 2008 01:08

----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-02 01:08 by ryanpow.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 2, 2008 01:15

How many concerts have they done? From the very first one to the last show of the Bang tour?

A lot.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2008 09:25

>> Well, Gazza was able to pinpoint the 2000th, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure. <<

here's one old thread about it: [www.iorr.org] - that's from before the rearrangement of the 2006 schedule, but the general idea is there.
i bet Gazza's setlist pages on Rocks Off have it updated, especially after the Mick commented on it in public :E

so according to that, their 2000th show was probably the 13th show of the 2006 European tour -
if i'm counting right in my undercaffeinated state, that was the first Twickenham show, right?
plus 6 more in Europe 06, then however-many in North America in autumn 06, then ... what, 31 in Europe 07?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-02 09:33 by with sssoul.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: June 2, 2008 15:26

August 22nd, 2006 show in Twickenham was rumoured to be the 2000th
[rocksoff.org]

So O2 arena show in August 26th, 2007 was the 2057th...

To be continued...

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home