Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 24, 2008 06:35

The foil, the clown, the artist, the author, the multi-instrumentalist, the man who's maybe played music with more folks that anyone else in the band, the man who seems to have kept the Stones together during bad times, the "just a regular bloke", and the one Rolling Stone I'd most like to have a conversation with.

Re: Ron
Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: May 24, 2008 11:18

Yeah, the one and only Ronnie Wood.

The guy who made me discover the Stones!!!

When I was 14 or so, I saw Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert at Madison Square Garden on TV. Somebody announced: "And now, a great friend of mine... MR. RONNIE WOOD!"

Mmmm... ok, let's see who is this. I saw this skinny guy, with his hair straight up and dressed in black and yellow playing this old Stratocaster... the true image of R&R I thought. Charisma was the word to describe what I felt then.

And then the most amazing version of "Seven Days" ever done, with Ronnie and the band on fire.

I just couldn't believe how good it was. Then I thought: "So this guy is a Rolling Stone... maybe I should take a closer look at this band..."

The rest is history...

And that version of "Seven Days" and Ronnie's solos still remain as one of my favourites moments ever...

Cheers to Ronnie, impossible not to love him.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 24, 2008 15:00

thumbs up yeah, best version ever

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 24, 2008 21:34

Wow. Thanks for posting that one!

Date: May 24, 2008 22:36

Thanks, open-g. To see Ronnie with Steve Cropper is a treat. Is the bassplayer the late Howie Epstein, who played in the Heartbreakers? The other guitarist is a guy named G.E. Smith, who's been around. Don't recognize the drummers or the keyboardist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-24 23:03 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 24, 2008 22:43

Thank you. Ronnie is great on this one!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 24, 2008 22:44

Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Ronnie!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2008 22:45

thanks open-g - and go Ronnie :E
the man's a thoroughbred all right - all kinds of joy & blessings on him, for good

Date: May 24, 2008 23:19

Here's another favorite. Who's that playing drums? Ringo Starr! Bobby Keys is there, too.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 24, 2008 23:26

might as well add this one to the mix, since it was almost a Stones song (traded for our web sites namesake!);

keith is in this video

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 24, 2008 23:35

or....as I have told him a couple of times. He is the only Rolling Stone not to be made famous by the Stones :-) Truly a fantastic bloke.

Matt

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 24, 2008 23:42

What year is that Seven Days from?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 25, 2008 00:03

Brill! Thanks for posting. Ronnie is one of the greats and a national treasure.

That someone introducing him looks like Harvey Goldsmith?

Steve Cropper is playing with the Animals in London late August. He always put on a good show with Booker T.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: May 25, 2008 00:20

I love Ronnie.

He is the greatest.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 25, 2008 00:35

skipstone
What year is that Seven Days from?

On October 16, 1992, an impressive and eclectic group of artists gathered at Madison Square Garden in New York City for the purpose of celebrating the music of Bob Dylan on the occasion of his 30th anniversary of recording. Bringing together musical greats as far-flung as Johnny Cash and Eddie Vedder, The Clancy Brothers and Lou Reed, the four-hour show celebrated a truly remarkable lifetime of songs in front of a sold-out audience of over 18,000. Warmly dubbed the Bobfest by participant Neil Young, the show was broadcast around the world and featured a cast of musical notables performing carefully chosen and often surprising selections from the incomparable Dylan songbook. At evening's end, the man of honor himself appeared on stage and gracefully brought it all back home again. In a world where all-star celebrity gatherings have become commonplace, the Bob Dylan celebration stood out as, first and foremost, a legitimately memorable musical event.

12. Seven Days -- Ron Wood
Ram's Horn Music (ASCAP)

Ron Wood -- Guitar, Vocals
Steve Cropper -- Guitar
G. E. Smith -- Guitar
Booker T. Jones -- Organ
Howie Epstein -- Bass
Anton Fig -- Drums
Jim Keltner -- Drums

[www.bobdylan.com]

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: May 25, 2008 00:45

i would love to go for a pint with ronnie, well a few pints with him buying, just to discuss all thinks rolling stones.

cos i think he is enthusiastic and honest enough to tell it as it is.

Date: May 25, 2008 01:22

Ronnie's not only a "national treasure", but I think he deserves a solo spot in the RnR HOF for lifetime achievements. I'm not kidding.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 25, 2008 01:44

Agreed. Give Chuck Leavell one of 'em solo spots in RnR HOF too.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: May 25, 2008 06:05

... wow,,,, the FBI are gonna start watchin' some of ya folk, if they havent already..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home