Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Japan only release - SHERYL CROW At BUDOKAN CD + Live Vids From Show
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 21, 2008 14:35

Supposedly this is NEVER coming out beyond Japan's shores - there's a hand written note by Crow on the front inside page stating it's a thank you gift to all of her fans that went to see her at the Budokan shows on her "C'mom C'mon Tour". Just got it through AMAZON'S 3rd party system and I must say this CD ROCKS BIG TIME !!! If you're a fan of hers you must get this one - $25.00 on Amazon but worth it. The thing that's so great about it is the mix, it's SO GOOD that it really stands out. I have all the live Crow stuff on DVD and CD and this one just has so much power and punch to it, the guitars all sound so grungie, a perfect mix. Here's the set-list: STEVE McQUEEN/WINDING ROAD/FAVORITE MISTAKE/C'MON C'MON/STRONG ENOUGH/IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY/DIFFICULT KIND/CHANGE WOULD DO YOU GOOD/HOME/WEATHER CHANNEL/ALL I WANNA DO/SOAK UP THE SUN/THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD

A FEW VIDS FROM THE BUDOKAN SHOWS (the sound on the CD is MUCH BETTER):

STEVE McQUEEN (first song of the show and on the CD)

SOAK UP THE SUN (Sheryl loves to play her little bass guitar)

SAFE AND SOUND (an encore, didn't make it on the CD but a beautiful song, this version is very guitar heavy, not the delicate version she usually performs. I believe she wrote it after 9/11 happened)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-21 14:44 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: Japan only release - SHERYL CROW At BUDOKAN CD + Live Vids From Show
Date: February 22, 2008 00:31

SOUNDS GOOD !!! Think I'll get it.... oh, I already did smiling smiley She-it !!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-22 02:53 by HelterSkelter.

Date: February 22, 2008 02:52

smiling smiley ANY THOUGHTS AT ALL !?!?!?! Where is everybody ???

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:00

Sheryl Crow....mmm, well...

Date: February 22, 2008 03:09

Snowman, good start !!! (BTW, did you notice I thought Amy did well at the Brit awards?) See? (call 'em as I see 'em)...... carry on with your "Sheryl" thought me lad.....

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:11

HelterSkelter
smiling smiley ANY THOUGHTS AT ALL !?!?!?! Where is everybody ???

Hey HS,l have two names for ya..Amy Winehouse..Lucinda Williams...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2008 03:16

HelterSkelter
Snowman, good start !!! (BTW, did you notice I thought Amy did well at the Brit awards?)

Yeah I noticed, Helter, I'll give you a C+ on that post - it's getting better..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 22, 2008 15:25

Thanks Helter! I'd not known about this release prior and I spent yesterday researching it only to find that it seems to be on its way out of print. I didn't get mine for $25 - cost me $35 on amazon when I could have special ordered it thru ArtistDirect for $29, but I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to get it, so I went with the tried and true!! Given how much this thing is already fetching, I'm sure I'd be able to get double that in a few years. Not that I'll be selling it, though. I'm always curious why the majority of the Japanese releases contain bonus tracks and the US's don't. Do they just see us as shallow shmucks only interested in the bare amount of music? Anyway, I can't wait to hear this album. Currently, I only have her greatest hits, but I mean to pick up the rest - probably all from Japan too as they have all those bonus tracks.

I never used to like her - in fact I remember dozing off when she opened for the Stones in Foxboro in '97. Since then, though, I think she's really evolved and her stuff over the last 5 years or so is really good. Wouldn't mind seeing her open for them again. And her song, Real Gone, in Cars is killer.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: February 22, 2008 17:43

She was good once during the Globe Sessions album time. But she has forgotten how to rock. Her new album is lame, the last (Wildflower) was her absolute low point!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-22 17:44 by midnrambler.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 22, 2008 18:29

Well, if this means anything, and I don't care if doesn't, I can't even seem to give my CDs away. I've lost it with her. Yes, Sheryl Crow and The Globe Sessions are good records but that's it. I don't listen to them anymore and I never will. She bores me. As well as some personal issues I have about her.

I'm donating them to the library. Or I'm gonna take out the packaging and have 3 decent shaped jewel cases for something else.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 25, 2008 17:07

I was at one of the shows. I thought it was just a little embarrassing that she put on that red white a blue outfit and shook her ass for the encore (Zep's Rock and Roll). Reminded me of that performance of HTW from the Licks DVD. She should stay in her element. Otherwise, a good show.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 21, 2008 16:02

Well as it turns out, Amazon was unable to obtain this one, as it might already be out of print! Does anyone happen to know of another place where this might still be in stock?! I'm trying like hell to find it. thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home