Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Biggest Bang (DVD 3) : Where is Keith ???
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: May 13, 2008 17:32

Put on the DVD 3 of the Biggest Bang set and go to Buenos Aires, choose Satisfaction and go right to Keith's solo, around 3'. Then you realize that Keith is very very very low in the mix. This point is the same all along the DVD. Saitama, Shanghai and Buenos Aires. I almost can't hear Keith what is problematic IMO. By the way, the only good songs on this set are on DVD 4, others are overdubbed too much for me

So two questions : Is just my DVD which got a problem ? In the case it is not, why did they do that??? I would say Keith is still playing good things in this solos; at least he plays the riffs well, so why the hell is it so low in the mix?

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Re: The Biggest Bang (DVD 3) : Where is Keith ???
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 13, 2008 17:51

Go to the sound settings and choose the normal stereo instead og dolby surround 5.1 etc. That could be the problem.

C

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 17:54

Keith is (good to be) anywhere.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 13, 2008 18:36

This is a common issue for folks with the ABB DVD. The default sound setting is 5.1 and you have to remember to select the 2.1 channel stereo sound track.
[Which sounds altogther better, regardless of the mixing levels]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 13, 2008 19:32

The Rio show is very good in my oppinion, are there overdubs on this DVD?I do not think there are too much on the Rio disc.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 13, 2008 20:01

I thought the Austin show was the only one with overdubs,

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 21:10

windmelody
The Rio show is very good in my oppinion, are there overdubs on this DVD?I do not think there are too much on the Rio disc.

The Rio show is excellent. I had heard quite a few negative comments about that performance before I saw it so I was expecting a pretty average show, but I was pleasantly surprized. One of the better performances I've heard/seen by the Stones in the last couple of years.

I don't know about the overdubs though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2008 21:50

Rio was superb. What a great night that was, watching that show online

They rose to the occasion in style. No other band on the planet could have pulled off an event like that. Maybe not the greatest show of the entire tour (although certainly a fine one), but the high point of the entire tour. Maybe even the high point of this decade for the Stones.

Date: May 14, 2008 03:37

I don't know how they managed to botch up the surround sound in this day and age.For one thing,why is there no 7.1 surround sound track?This is unfortunate for those with surround sound systems.

Date: May 14, 2008 09:49

Surround sound my arse ! ;^).

It's the movement towards AV and digital surround sound that's responsible for the industry completely forgetting how to make a proper stereo recording of music !

Date: May 14, 2008 14:53

vudicus
I thought the Austin show was the only one with overdubs,

Go to YCAGWYW, and mind the vocals just before the fast part of the song. Sound like they were 15 people to sing, or more like vocals from album version. This is just one point.

Spud

It's the movement towards AV and digital surround sound that's responsible for the industry completely forgetting how to make a proper stereo recording of music !

I hope Shine A Light DVD will have a better sound

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-14 14:54 by olorin.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 14, 2008 15:42

I still kick myself for not watching Rio online back in 2006. Lucky I got a DVD of it very quickly. It was an awesome show, and I still love watching it. Many warhorses were played that night, and I think it was proved that it's allright to play them every time they want to.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 14, 2008 16:09

Rio is a really great show. Best one off the BB-dvd, imo.

Date: May 14, 2008 16:29

Spud

I don't think that's the reason.Most music is still done in stereo without any consideration of surround sound.The only music really done in surround sound is concert DVD's.Multi-channel DVD-Audio discs and multi-channel SA-CD's are not that common and the old DTS CD's are rare these days.The industry is still dominated by stereo.

Date: May 14, 2008 16:32

Theif in the Night
Spud

I don't think that's the reason.Most music is still done in stereo without any consideration of surround sound.The only music really done in surround sound is concert DVD's.Multi-channel DVD-Audio discs and multi-channel SA-CD's are not that common and the old DTS CD's are rare these days.The industry is still dominated by stereo.

I fear too that most of the music on Disc 1 and 2 (Austin, Rio) is NOT coming from concerts but from overdubbing studio sessions sad smileysad smileysad smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 14, 2008 16:43

For what matters, I can clearly hear the overdubs on disc 1 and I can't hear any on the Rio show.

C

Date: May 14, 2008 19:00

Theif in the Night
[.Most music is still done in stereo without any consideration of surround sound.The only music really done in surround sound is concert DVD's.Multi-channel DVD-Audio discs and multi-channel SA-CD's are not that common and the old DTS CD's are rare these days.The industry is still dominated by stereo.

Maybe so...but the days of attempting to capture a natural and convincing stereo image with real "air" are gone. Partly I suppose because most digital technology thus far doesn't have the resolution to capture the air anyway ;^)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home