Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Yer Ya Ya's Out behind Asia in live poll
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 1, 2010 11:58

A true disgrace, what´s wrong with people? Ironical enough the only live instrument on the winner album Live & Dangerous is the drums...

[www.planetrock.co.uk]

Re: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out behind Asia in live poll
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: March 1, 2010 12:25

One day the Rolling Stones won't even be in these type polls.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 1, 2010 13:10

The fact that UFO and Frampton are in the top 10 (or even mentioned at all) makes this poll non-existent.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 1, 2010 13:53

i don't take care of this polls...............

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 1, 2010 14:07

1. Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
2. Deep Purple - Made In Japan
3. UFO - Strangers In The Night
4. The Who - Live At Leeds
5. AC/DC - If You Want Blood, You Got It

Seriously, if you don't think that these top 5 all all classic live rock albums then you're not a fan of the whole 'classic rock' genre. As for the issue of Lizzy's album being plastered with overdubs has been gone over time and time again. These are all great live records. Strangers in the night included.

Take into account that the the demographic that this list is representative of are those who have a broad taste in classic rock, not just the small confines of the Stones or 60's originated music. Music continued after that decade and brought a lot of great guitar driven rock music. Nobody is gonna agree with one of these types of lists. The music represented by Planet Rock is not for everyone, especially Stones fans, as can be evidenced when you go to a Stones gig nowadays and peopel are wlaking around in their top-shop bought sparkly tongue t-shirt.

Personally I like nearly every act covered in this top 40 list. but I'm not about to bust a nut just 'cus some of my favourites aren't in it.

It's just a list guys. chill out.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2010 15:59

Svartmer
A true disgrace, what´s wrong with people? Ironical enough the only live instrument on the winner album Live & Dangerous is the drums...

[www.planetrock.co.uk]

Totally different genre of music and a different audience. What would you expect?

Why people bother getting annoyed about silly polls never ceases to amaze me.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2010 16:14

For me, Frampton Comes Alive deserves to be in the top 10, as does Humble Pie, Yessongs, Deep Purple, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and even Kiss.

The problem the Stones have is that they are competing against double live albums and "Ya Ya's" is a truncated single album and suffers from a lack of "audience" sound and a heavier guitar mix. But is still a great live album

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 1, 2010 16:54

Gazza
Svartmer

[www.planetrock.co.uk]

Totally different genre of music and a different audience. What would you expect?

Why people bother getting annoyed about silly polls never ceases to amaze me.

Asia always annoys me, can´t help it.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: March 2, 2010 13:23

I liked Iron Maiden back in the 1980s and LIVE AFTER DEATH is a good album (IMHO, anyway) but no way does it deserve to rank 25+ places above GYYO.

sad smiley

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 2, 2010 13:46

Monkeytonkman

Personally I like nearly every act covered in this top 40 list. but I'm not about to bust a nut just 'cus some of my favourites aren't in it.

thumbs up

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: March 2, 2010 21:19

Monkeytonkman

Seriously, if you don't think that these top 5 all all classic live rock albums then you're not a fan of the whole 'classic rock' genre.

Personally I don't like classic rock, I like classic rock 'n' roll. There is a difference. UFO is a rock band. The Rolling Stones are a rock 'n' roll band.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 2, 2010 22:06

Position # 33 reminds me of something. Dear Doctor....

Posted by: Ferret ()
Date: March 2, 2010 22:15

I see me and these "classic rock" stations have very different ideas about what makes rock classic. Personally I don't see overblown, soulless, self indulgent, cheesey shit as classic.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 6, 2010 01:50

Who cares about polls???

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 6, 2010 03:03

These polls always make f-ucked up decisions about rankings. I think they should just pick a #1 and do "no particular order" for the rest.

And I don't agree that an album that retains only one instrument from the original recordings can still be called live. Live and Dangerous is a great album, but almost total studio overdubs laid over audience noise is not a live album.

I've always thought Live at Leeds has a mediocre sound and gets boring half way through. I think it's good, but for me it's over-rated.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 6, 2010 12:18

studiorambo
One day the Rolling Stones won't even be in these type polls.
They will lead all polls onwards from the day they quit or one of them dies.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 6, 2010 12:31

The Sicilian
For me, Frampton Comes Alive deserves to be in the top 10, as does Humble Pie, Yessongs, Deep Purple, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and even Kiss.

The Who´s Live At Leeds would be the only one to pick and listen to out of this list...supposed Ya Ya´s included as well there would be just two slots open.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: March 11, 2010 09:30

It`s Stones fault.So many fantastic bootlegs and mediocree live releases.Why no 1973 album? Why not Atlantic City from 1989 as live album?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home