Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Proof that Keith can still play the guitar
Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: April 13, 2008 17:48

I was playing my guitar the other day (or trying to) when the SAL special came on TV.

They showed the beginning to As Tears go by and my 9 year old son, who was in the other room (and could not see the tv) suddenly said 'thats good guitar playing daddy-well done'

Alas I had to admit that it was Keith not me!

Re: Proof that Keith can still play the guitar
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 13, 2008 19:43

Hey that's good proof!
Did your son comment on the vocals ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-13 19:48 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 13, 2008 19:56

Hey Erik

No he didn't but I am taking him to see SAL in about half an hour so I'll see what he says!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 13, 2008 20:05

I love Keith's playing on that song in SAL and when they played it during the tour. It makes me wonder if he could/would focus more on playing if he sat down for parts of some songs. I'd be fine with that...Muddy waters did it just fine.

Date: April 13, 2008 20:24

HAve a great time, nanker phelge

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 13, 2008 21:18

enjoy the movie nanker

Date: April 14, 2008 01:33

Thanks Erik and Adrian.

Just got back from seeing it- I was pretty much blown away by it! Luckily they had the sound up LOUD and my ears are still ringing.

There were about 50 people in all which I didn't think was bad for a small cinema.

I enjoyed pretty much all of it but I thought All Down the Line was fantastic. My son really loved it, interestingly his best 3 songs were Start me Up, Loving Cup and, surprisingly, Connection which he made me play in the car on the way home before falling asleep.

Like others have said, the archive material was well chosen and got a few laughs.

Can't wait for the DVD!

Date: April 14, 2008 01:54

Hey, sounds good, nanker phelge! Both Connection and All Down The Line were among the best ones... it striked me when seeing Jack White in Loving Cup; that allthough I realise he's a good musician - he seemed and sounded so...mortal and ordinary, when sharing the stage with Rolling Stones. Like if he came straight from the seats of the cinema, up to the stage...funny

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:55

nanker phelge
I was playing my guitar the other day (or trying to) when the SAL special came on TV.

They showed the beginning to As Tears go by and my 9 year old son, who was in the other room (and could not see the tv) suddenly said 'thats good guitar playing daddy-well done'

Get them while they're young and get the fan base age average down.
Good on that young man. Keith bashers take note! smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2008 11:39

Yeah Erik I know what you mean- he was the least effective of the 3 guests. I thought Christina A was pretty good but Buddy Guy was fantastic!

Date: April 14, 2008 11:41

ROLLINGSTONE
nanker phelge

Get them while they're young and get the fan base age average down.
Good on that young man. Keith bashers take note! smiling smiley

I took my son to school this morning and before I even said anything he had the SAL cd playing!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 14, 2008 11:51

You're raisin' a good lad thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2008 12:32

Thanks OpenG

Just hope there is time to take him to a live show!

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:59

Erik_Snow
... it striked me when seeing Jack White in Loving Cup; that allthough I realise he's a good musician - he seemed and sounded so...mortal and ordinary, when sharing the stage with Rolling Stones. Like if he came straight from the seats of the cinema, up to the stage...funny

I thought he got better as the song went on. He seemed to be trying to sing like Mick at first and then relaxed a bit more into his own style.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home