Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will shine a light be released on dvd and when??
Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: April 6, 2008 11:57

Does someone know about this release?? i will be at the Amsterdam premiere on April 8. bye jeroen

Re: Will shine a light be released on dvd and when??
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2008 13:37

Haven't heard anything. It probably takes some time dig up all the extra material for DVD #2 and #3

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:40

Of course it will, do you think that after all the effort it will just have what is in effect a limited theatre release.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:41

Give it a chance - it's only just been released in the cinemas!!! eye popping smiley

It will come out, no worries.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:49

Probably for the Christmas Sales period - out in September or October - with an extra disc of bonus stuff..... That's the "word on the street".....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:53

well i hope the bonus stuff is not the old clips from the movie, we already have those for the most part

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 6, 2008 18:41

Naw, I heard it was 2 hours of fan interviews outside the BEACON... Sounds interesting....

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 6, 2008 20:11

With Record company logic these days would it surprise anyone if they would release a limited edition Betamax Edition?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 6, 2008 20:34

At the showing I went to we had before and after questionaires to fill in. There were questions re whether we would buy the DVD and what extras would make us more likely to buy so it looks as if the format isn't decided yet, certainly in the UK.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 6, 2008 21:44

It was presented at the convention for Video/DVD-dealers in Oslo, Norway on Friday. So, yes, it's definitely going to be released eventually. But not untill it's "over" in the theatres. And that could take some time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:17

I would doubt it's cinema run will be more than a couple of weeks. Rock movies have a limited shelf life. I'd expect it to be out on DVD no later than the summer.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:19

Gazza
I would doubt it's cinema run will be more than a couple of weeks. Rock movies have a limited shelf life.

Only about 10-20 people in the cinema today when I saw it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:31

Hope it will be on blu ray as well (1080P)

Date: April 6, 2008 23:45

I dont care what format it is on, as long as the extras are worth it

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2008 00:00

Mick just confirmed in tonights Virgin radio interview that the DVD release will contain extra songs plus behind the scenes footage.

Date: April 7, 2008 00:04

excellent!

Posted by: rcho ()
Date: April 7, 2008 02:23

i wish they would let the rest of us give input as to what we want on it! Nothing like that where I saw it.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 7, 2008 06:20

It was originally scheduled to play on several screens in my area (including one 3 miles from me) that all changed Friday and is now only showing at 2 theaters (one of them is an IMAX) that were not accessable to the general public due to Highway construction closures this past weekend.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 7, 2008 06:22

Gazza
I would doubt it's cinema run will be more than a couple of weeks. Rock movies have a limited shelf life. I'd expect it to be out on DVD no later than the summer.

that's my prediction too....but if they wanna take a little longer to create
some sort of package that includes Let's Spend the Night movie and Ladies & Gentlemen....

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: April 7, 2008 06:27

Only about 10-20 people in the cinema today when I saw it.[/quote]

Well, that's one hell of a crowd...

¡Two people in the cinema last friday when I saw it!

¡Including me!

As a matter of fact, the other guy arrived several minutes after I did, so that ruined what was going to be my "private screening"... winking smiley

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 7, 2008 10:19

milio77
Only about 10-20 people in the cinema today when I saw it.

Well, that's one hell of a crowd...

¡Two people in the cinema last friday when I saw it!

¡Including me!

As a matter of fact, the other guy arrived several minutes after I did, so that ruined what was going to be my "private screening"... winking smiley[/quote]

Wouldn't it be funny if the other guy was really tall and decided to sit right in front of you. moody smiley

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: April 7, 2008 11:55

skellyWouldn't it be funny if the other guy was really tall and decided to sit right in front of you. moody smiley[/quote

that's exactly what would happen in Finland! and he would smell to high heavens... beer & garlic... & be too drunk to pay attention... first cell phone call would start 15 minutes into the movie

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 7, 2008 15:35

I remember being the entire audience for a screening of LSTNT when that was released those many years ago. So not much changes.
It's not reflection on SAL that Ceniema audiences won't be very big.
That's not the point of it and I should think DVD sales will be much more healthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-07 17:37 by Spud.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 7, 2008 17:12

Gazza
Mick just confirmed in tonights Virgin radio interview that the DVD release will contain extra songs plus behind the scenes footage.

I would be shocked if the extra songs would be anything more than what's on the 2 cd deluxe version, that's everything except for Undercover and HTW. If would be nice to see some of the rehearsals though.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 7, 2008 18:09

I was very surprised to see that SAL only opened on one screen in my town and it was IMAX at a mall. I went on Saturday night and it was a very good crowd, nearly sold out.

I loved it, just great.

Date: April 7, 2008 20:51

I'm hoping that part of the SAL dvd package will be some sort
of actual "story of the stones 1962-2008" documentary...also assembled
by Scorsese and his crew. It's time.

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: April 8, 2008 00:07

I wait for the DVD, Is there a lot of talking IN the songs, I hate concert film, with break in the music. Hate listning to half a song, and then soem wise guy tells a lot of bullshit, that most people don't care about. And fans only want to see once. But everytime we put the DVD on to listen to music, we have to hear all the crap again. Especialy Paul McCartney live DVD have a lot of talk in between.

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: April 8, 2008 02:20

jeroen starink
Does someone know about this release?? i will be at the Amsterdam premiere on April 8. bye jeroen

It is already in my netflix que.

Date: April 8, 2008 03:08

DKsoulman
I wait for the DVD, Is there a lot of talking IN the songs, I hate concert film, with break in the music. Hate listning to half a song, and then soem wise guy tells a lot of bullshit, that most people don't care about. And fans only want to see once. But everytime we put the DVD on to listen to music, we have to hear all the crap again. Especialy Paul McCartney live DVD have a lot of talk in between.

then you will be very happy with the Shine A Light dvd...keith's Connection
was really the only song with significant interruption (that i remember).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 03:30

Does anyone know if it's playing near New Orleans?

And how come Euro DVDs won't play in US DVD players? Why are the regions different? It's a goddamn DISC for shits sake! Isn't the technology the same?

I bought the Bridges DVD in Amsterdam and brought it home. My friend's DVD copier thing, some whacked out thing, actually shows that the DVD can only be played 4 more times on the computer! We're still trying to figure out how to get it to burn to disc so I can watch it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home