Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why no tour in 2010?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2010 23:50

Makes perfect sense.

There's no insurance risk in playing a few shows around the UK, either by himself or in a band like The Faces.

Playing around the world, which costs a fortune to organise, on a 100-date tour which is being bankrolled for tens of millions of pounds by corporate sponsorship is a different ballgame entirely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-22 23:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 22, 2010 23:54

well thats different i thought the faces may be planing a big tour like an around the world trek

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 23, 2010 00:10

melillo
well thats different i thought the faces may be planing a big tour like an around the world trek

not a chance. this is a small-potatoes deal for a few gigs - there's no large market for a big tour with these guys...not without Rod....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 23, 2010 00:15

the band may be as perplexed as we are.the hardcore fans who post on websites,know all the songs and entire history of the band have the same facts laid out in front of them as the stones do.

the economy,ronnie,keith,does the band still have any gas left in the tank to tour and if so,how many shows.?what kind of venue,how much money?can they still write some good music?bigger bang didnt sell,should they make more music or just call it good? chances are that there is is no master plan that we havent heard about yet.they may just be figuring it all out as they go along.we can only wait to see what happens next.i cant stand waiting.

Date: February 23, 2010 00:20

melillo

Doubt there'd be a market for anywhere bigger than theatres - even in the UK.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 23, 2010 00:49

T&A
melillo

not a chance. this is a small-potatoes deal for a few gigs - there's no large market for a big tour with these guys...not without Rod....
Not even with Rod. The blue hair old ladies that go to hear the great american songbook don't want to hear the Faces.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: February 23, 2010 01:01

Waiting for 'milestones' (50 years) or special events (olympics) seems silly due to their age. It seems it is easier to tour now with big breaks between geographical runs.Heck, U2 is taking almost 8 months between stints. And, the stones seem to stretch out their last tour by taking long breaks. That seems to make it easier. Wasn't it a 2005-2007 tour last?

I guess I am just worried that the longer they take off, the more the chance is they will never play again. Please, just one more time- and make it NOW (but, I always want it all , now)!!!

I would feel really old if I was billed as a 50 year anniversary tour. 49 sounds much younger. But, I guess that is better than not having a 50th anniversary. If they make it, it is all good.

Date: February 23, 2010 01:22

Waiting for 'milestones' means they probably dont have to go to the trouble of making another record to justify/promote (delete where applicable) a tour.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: February 23, 2010 01:51

also if they can call it the 50 year anniversary tour they will attract way more people and get way more attention. sell a lot of tickets for high prices and will make the biggest tour ever.

Posted by: urbanjungle90 ()
Date: February 23, 2010 02:10

dougie
I guess I am just worried that the longer they take off, the more the chance is they will never play again. Please, just one more time- and make it NOW (but, I always want it all , now)!!!

My thoughts exactly.

At the ages they are at now, a few years off is a concern. Listening to "Cold Steel Blue" today from Japan 1990, couldn't get my head around that in the equivalent of that time again (20 years) they'll be in their 80s. I find that a bit worrying.

However, I take some comfort that people do perform who are older than the Stones, take Chuck Berry for example, who is in his 80s, and Les Paul, who was in his 90s when he died. But, the Stones are a group of people and these are individuals, which makes it a bit different.

I hope they will do another tour, but if they do not, its not the end of the world for me. I haven't seen them so it would be disappointing, but I will have some fantastic shows to listen to for years to come.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 23, 2010 02:54

U2 is also working on a new album.

The Stones...still nothing.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 23, 2010 14:07

Keefy
Rumor has it: 2011-2012 Tour......

You are right about the 2005 date! My mistake! Mick's remark about "doing something with friends" was in connection with the link between the summer Olympics in Beijing and London being the follow up during the summer of 2008.
Don't think it's wishful thinking from my part, because chances to even be present at the opening of the London Olympics are smaller than thin. I also agree that they would need an official invitation, but you know that there is a lot being decided "behind curtains" (lobbying) and Mick doesn't make public statements if he is not serious about it. Also, yes he can be outvoted, but "if" there could be a Stones opener at the Olympics, I'd eat my hat if the others would outvote Mick.
Time will learnsmiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home