Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Lost my little mate today
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 21, 2010 00:57

I'll be sad when Charlie Watts my favorite drummer passes, but crushed when Charlie Watts my dog goes. I feel for you DG hang in there.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2010 01:52

Hi Pete ...... Sorry ta hear the sad news about Lucky ....

You guys sure would be doing it tough ...
But stay close during these times and time will eventually heal ....

TAKE CARE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: February 21, 2010 02:05

sorry to hear about your dog Lucky, I know how it feels as well

I lost my dog Mick to cancer at an early age 6 years ago; very sad time. my boss of the time kindly gave me three days bereavement leave (now there's understanding)

now I have two dogs (brother and sister) Keef and Maggie, 4 years old. Keef has an immune deficiency disease, is on steroids, and also has cost a ton in vet bills, not to mention the operations for a torn ligament in one of his rear legs, and the removal last year of his gall bladder. I wouldn't trade these dogs for the earth - I love 'em. Keef is as strong as an ox

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 21, 2010 08:59

What a beautiful baby Lucky was! He looks like he had an excellent life with you. My first dog's name was Lucky too - he lived to be 16. He and I were in the playpen together as baby & puppy. When he died it was almost like losing one of my siblings. My heart is with you guys...thanks for sharing those lovely images, and hang in there. You'll always remember his little soul.

best wishes
swiss

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: February 21, 2010 12:00

Be strong, mate.

I've been through it and it does become easier over time.

For what it's worth Lucky looked to be a really happy little guy and that picture on the beach is beautiful. He could not have wished for better owners.

When you're ready, have another dog. Don't try and replace Lucky because you will always draw unfavourable comparisons. Let the new dog develop its own personality and become part of your family.

Deep love to my sadly departed pets Sasha, Beth and Lucy-Lou

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: February 21, 2010 16:11

Sorry for your loss. Lovely photos of Lucky, what an adorable pooch, he was. I bet he was a cuddly little guy, that loved a good noogie now and again.

(On another note, I'm flattered to see my artwork on the wall in your photo.)

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 21, 2010 17:33

Ohhh he was so cute!!! He makes me want to go out and adopt a dog right now!

So sorry for your loss.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 21, 2010 22:22

My deepest sympathies to you, i know the pain i lost my baby, my cat Emma back in september 2007 and although life gets easier, it is a sadness i could not explain. You stay strong buddy.

Posted by: lualua ()
Date: February 21, 2010 22:41

my dog died whilst i was following a dylan tour in 2005.
my wife died suddenly a couple of years later.

i'm either about due a lottery win or will tomorrow discover i have cancer of the bollocks.

time is a great healer. that doesn't help when you're deep in the trenches, but it's true. non pet owners don't and never will understand the loss of a pet dog. it's impossible to explain. a close friend lost. the closest of friends sometimes. me and my old mucker used to spend hours together in the back bedroom listening to bootlegs. stick in there mate, the sadness will pass, the emptiness of the house will pass and you'll soon start remembering the daft things Lucky did.

i now have a new dog, i saved him from being put to sleep a couple of years ago, he's wee whippet called brian. named after a mate, who died late last year.

i'm beginning to think i'm a fecking jonah.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 22, 2010 01:25

thanks to all my Stones loving freaks for their thoughts
we brought Lucky home from the Vet this morning.
Spent some time saying goodbye to him and buried him next to his fave lemon tree.

The little bugger has devastated me, and I know it will pass.
Thanks again !
time waits for no-one ...

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 22, 2010 10:53

what a beautiful dog!

and camper88's video was very nice (can't believe he traveled to italy with him)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2010 15:17

i am sorry for your loss .my deepest sympathy to you .

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: February 22, 2010 16:39

I'm going to give my puppy Bogart a bigger hug than usual tonight in memory of Lucky. It's been a year and a half since we lost his predecessor, Snoop, at too young an age, and we still talk about him often. It is so very sad, but you will recover and hopefully some day (but not too soon, I recommend) find another dog to love.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home