Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sheryl Crow
Posted by: yapyap5 ()
Date: March 12, 2008 17:58

If theres any Sheryl fans out there, her new CD Detours is really good.I haven't had it out of the car CD player in a week now. Check it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-12 17:59 by yapyap5.

Re: OT: Sheryl Crow
Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: March 12, 2008 20:04

I really enjoy her new album too.

Date: March 12, 2008 20:15

I lurve Sheryl Crow.

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: March 12, 2008 23:20

Story:
1995, VL tour in Europe; Great Voodoo intro followed by a great version of Not Fade Away.
Then, in the summer of 1997, Sheryl Crow and band are invited to a great pop festival in Brasov, Romania. A beautiful mountain town; the festival is taking place in the old medieval square in town centre.
Time for soundcheck; Sheryl has disappered. She and the band members just went out walking to the venue by themselves, no security, no worries.
They arrived to the open air arena, climbed on stage, a few chords to check the monitors and the PA. Then, delivered a great, great cover of Not Fade Away to the people gathered in the audience.
Same day, night time, concert time. Sheryl and band backstage; live TV transmission started. Intro music from CD: Factory Girl... About 30 seconds intro, then the band went in and started the live show.
Thank you Sheryl for that evening and for bringing a little piece of the Stones in Brasov...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:01

Not a fan, particularly, but I remember seeing her being interviewed at some sort of MTV awards show in the 90s, and this was when all that east coast/west coast rap wars crap was going on, and the girl interviewing Sheryl kept asking her to comment on the rap wars, and what did she think of "Biggie's" new album, and what did she think of Tupac's new album, and, instead of pretending that she knew anything about the rap wars, or had ever listened to anyone's rap album, Sheryl was completely honest. She said she didn't listen to rap, didn't know anything about rap, didn't understand rap, and couldn't relate to anything having to do with the "gangsta" culture that surrounds rap.

I admire that kind of honesty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 01:05 by tatters.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 13, 2008 03:52

I'm a big Sheryl fan as well. Good sounding stuff. My favorite album is The Globe Sessions. I've heard some of her new stuff. Pretty good. Especilally the song Love Is Free.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 13, 2008 04:22

....yes Charmer, The Globe Sessions is my favorite too.......good stuff, good stuff.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 13, 2008 04:36

"There ain't nothing like regret to remind you your alive"...The Difficult Kind...Supposedly about Eric Clapton...OOuch.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 13, 2008 10:17

saw her two nights running, at the Shepherds Bush Empire,
on the 'Cmon, Cmon tour'

on both nights, Ronnie Wood came down from the balcony vip seats,
and joined her on stage,mid-set, to play guitar on
'If It Makes You Happy' and afew others.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 13, 2008 16:10

Yes , the new cd is really good , have listened to it several times since its release

Date: March 15, 2008 01:14

Just read that she will "soon be singing with Fleetwood Mac". Probably my least favourite band of all time, with the possible exception of the Eagles.

Date: March 15, 2008 01:25

Says she "doesn't want to make any official announcements" but they "definitely have plans to collaborate in the futute" and they'll "see what happens" and it could be "next year".

"Get a good job with more pay and you're okay!"

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:34

I like her music and she seems very down to earth in interviews. Glad to hear she'll be doing something with Fleetwood Mac. Furthermore, she's really hot and I wish I were on top of her right now. Although that might make it a tad difficult to type this message.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:37

Here's the link to the Fleetwood Mac/Sheryl Crow story: [www.billboard.com]

That would be great if she joined Fleetwood Mac or even just recorded and/or toured with them. Love the Mac but they've definitely been missing something since Christine McVie left. Their last album was good but it was really just a Lindsay Buckingham album tacked on to a Stevie Nicks album and it really showed. Good stuff but not the vintage Mac magic. Even with all the members the Mac has had over the years I didn't think they'd be adding a new one at this late date, but if so it'd be really cool and give them a shot in the arm.

Date: March 15, 2008 15:01

When Fleetwood Mac walked out onstage at Bill Clinton's inaugural celebration, the person I thought was Christine turned out to be Stevie, and the person I thought was Hillary Clinton turned out to be Christine. For a second I thought "What the hell is Hillary Clinton doing onstage with Fleetwood Mac?"

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: March 15, 2008 15:10

ohnonotyouagain
I like her music and she seems very down to earth in interviews. Glad to hear she'll be doing something with Fleetwood Mac. Furthermore, she's really hot and I wish I were on top of her right now. Although that might make it a tad difficult to type this message.

Lol! Or she could be on top then she could play the guitar at the same time!

Date: March 15, 2008 15:10

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 15, 2008 17:35

Dang yapyap5.....that song was SMOKING!!! I loved it.....and, and, well words can't describe how hot Sheryl is.....I'm gonna go take a cold shower....and try to gain my composure....dang!!!

Date: March 15, 2008 20:01

The first song is from her new album, and the second part is a song by some obscure band that I can't recall the name of..........

Posted by: tylerdurden2001 ()
Date: March 18, 2008 16:40

Every song she wrote is supposed to be about Eric Clapton, even the ones she wrote before she even knew who he was. Have to say I found the new album underwhelming after all the hype. Inoffensive fluff with some trite lyrics of the likes of Blinded by Rainbows - typical of her most recen outtturn I'm afraid

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 18, 2008 16:43

I like her. Soak Up The Sun is awesome.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 18, 2008 17:00

There's not a single filler song on her 2nd self-titled CD - great from start to finish.

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home