Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the russian releases
Date: March 12, 2008 12:09

anyone else here have the russian "limited edition" cd's? the ones with all the bonus tracks. are these things remastered? if they are remastered is the sound quality about the same as the 2002 remasters? i have a few of the russian albums, a few of the 2002 remasters and a few of the 80's remasters

Re: the russian releases
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 12, 2008 13:31

Yes I have Rolling Stones,No2,Now ,Sticky Fingers ,Let it Bleed , Beggars ,Ya Ya'S and Exile maybe even another one can't remember exactly.
Not sure if they are remastered , they don't sound any better or indeed any worse than the early releases, the packaging is a lot more fun though with all those pictures or different issues from verious countries, and mini posters and lyrics. you can pick some up on ebay pretty reasonable every now and then.
Oh Yeah I have Rolled Gold too

Date: March 12, 2008 13:55

There's a guy selling some on ebay right now,all 31 for $250 free shipping, don't know how you post the link,they are for sale individualy too.
If anyone can explain what I need to do to link the site, I'll see what I can do

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 12, 2008 14:26

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 12, 2008 14:28

Are they not bootlegs???

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 12, 2008 14:32

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: March 12, 2008 15:07

I'm not sure if they're bootlegs in Russia, maybe legal there. But for the digipacks (European made) - yes, bootlegs.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 12, 2008 15:26

I always feared these were MP3-sourced counterfeits or bootlegs, but now they seem interesting...

BTW the 1st official russian Stones CD was a compilation entitled 19 nervous breakdowns. Very nice cover IMO

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: March 12, 2008 17:45

Tasty!

Date: March 12, 2008 21:56

UrbanSteel
adotulipson
There's a guy selling some on ebay right now,all 31 for $250 free shipping, don't know how you post the link,they are for sale individualy too.
If anyone can explain what I need to do to link the site, I'll see what I can do

You mean something like this ;

See here adotulipson ebay info .

Yes thats them, thanks Jos

Date: March 13, 2008 03:42

adotulipson
Yes I have Rolling Stones,No2,Now ,Sticky Fingers ,Let it Bleed , Beggars ,Ya Ya'S and Exile maybe even another one can't remember exactly.
Not sure if they are remastered , they don't sound any better or indeed any worse than the early releases, the packaging is a lot more fun though with all those pictures or different issues from verious countries, and mini posters and lyrics. you can pick some up on ebay pretty reasonable every now and then.
Oh Yeah I have Rolled Gold too

so the 2002 abkco remasters don't sound any better than these russian releases?

Date: March 13, 2008 09:40

adotulipson wrote

''they don't sound any better or indeed any worse than the early releases ''

keefriffhard4life () wrote

I think you will notice the word ''early '' in my text ,didn't mean to confuse but I didn't mention 2002 remasters at all

Date: March 13, 2008 09:53

adotulipson
adotulipson wrote

''they don't sound any better or indeed any worse than the early releases ''

keefriffhard4life () wrote

I think you will notice the word ''early '' in my text ,didn't mean to confuse but I didn't mention 2002 remasters at all

oh ok. sorry. i got a little confussed. i guess you're saying the 2002 remasters sound way better than the russian releases or the 1986 remasters. let me clear this up though. i have some of the russian releases and was trying to deceide if i should get rid of those and get the 2002 remasters because i recenlty got the "more stoned" 3 disc compilation of rarities that has all the stuff i had on the russian cd's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 09:55 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: March 13, 2008 17:18

Can't help you there I have that 3cd issue as well, but there again I have several versions of most Stones official/semi- official albums ,I just seem to accumulate them over the years, they all have their own charm I suppose

Date: March 14, 2008 01:56

adotulipson
Can't help you there I have that 3cd issue as well, but there again I have several versions of most Stones official/semi- official albums ,I just seem to accumulate them over the years, they all have their own charm I suppose

thats cool. my cd collection is so large i really only have room for 1 version of each stones release. my friend let me listen to a 2002 version of out of our heads uk. i couldn't hear enough difference other than the volume level to warrant buying a whole new set of 60's albums. i only own flowers, more hot rocks and satanic majesties in 2002 version. englands newest hit makers, now, 12x5, out of our heads uk, aftermath uk, got live if you want it, metamorphosis and no stone unturned are russian versions and between the buttons, beggars banquest, let it bleed and get yer ya ya's are the 1986 versions. plus i'm getting the 3 different singles collections

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home