Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ron wood to rehearse with Faces
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:57

And ruin a great rock 'n' roll band ? Absolutely not.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:02

StonesTod
Ricky
Keefy
Mac told me today that he is rehearsing with Woody on March 14th and 15th with Mark Huknall on Vocals for some dates in UK...No word on US yet..Although there is talk of Chris Robinson with them in US

Any news??. Today is March 19th....

ron didn't show - too busy sulking over lack of inclusion on the exile dubs

.Well if he sulking over the Exile project, hes really gonna have the shits when L&G gets released.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:16

klrkcr
StonesTod
Ricky
Keefy
Mac told me today that he is rehearsing with Woody on March 14th and 15th with Mark Huknall on Vocals for some dates in UK...No word on US yet..Although there is talk of Chris Robinson with them in US

ron didn't show - too busy sulking over lack of inclusion on the exile dubs

.Well if he sulking over the Exile project, hes really gonna have the shits when L&G gets released.

maybe not - i understand he's been airbrushed into the movie with the latest technology....

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:20

Hey StonesTod, the miracle of modern technology,he could maybe play some solos in between Mick T as well!!! only kidding.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:22

Rod Stewart is a tool these days.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:22

Wish they had filmed the '73 tour. As much as I like L&G, I think the band sounded a little bit constrained in a weird way. In '73 they just tore the roof off with intensity.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:24

71Tele
Wish they had filmed the '73 tour. As much as I like L&G, I think the band sounded a little bit constrained in a weird way. In '73 they just tore the roof off with intensity.

interesting. just the oppo for me....

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 20, 2010 00:12

71Tele

Did you go to any of the 72 tour shows? What was constrained? There was massive energy at these shows, although some venues and crowds had a more rockin' mentality than others. Chicago for instance was much crazier than Denver, but both concerts were very good musically.

I saw the Stones play in Essen in 73 and if anything the crowd there was quite laid back in comparison. I thought the band played great at this show, but was no more intense than the 72 N American tour stops I took in.

Lets face it, the band on both of these tours was in very fine form. The tapes don't lie.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 20, 2010 00:17

omg what's wrong with me. i just don't seem to care anymore. if they playing clubs i'll try to go i guess but....i dunno. sometimes it just dosen't seem worth the hope and yesterday's hype. Then again, Mott The Hoople reforms last year and (for me) it's one of the biggest rock stories of the last twenty years...a triumph...so...i dunno... saw faces fillmore east circa long player and a nod is as good as a wink...so totally appreciate them up close and personal; they were just so very very lovely hard rockin' party band really working hard and it was just a revelation...
mebbe me being too hard on this effort. mick h. sounds pretty good. but...i dunno...just kinda lethargic about this for some reason i don't fully understand...

Date: March 20, 2010 03:36

I just can't get used to the idea of the guy from Simplly REd. I know he's supposed to be a great vocalist but I mean the guy who sang "If you don't know me by now"? REALLY?

ps clapton blows.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 20, 2010 03:49

WIthout Rod it aint the faces! Hell without Ronnie Lane it aint the faces! But at least with Rod and a bassist it would sound like the Faces!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 20, 2010 04:34

stoned in washington dc
I just can't get used to the idea of the guy from Simplly REd. I know he's supposed to be a great vocalist but I mean the guy who sang "If you don't know me by now"? REALLY?

ps clapton blows.
And your supposed to be taken seriously after that last statement. Once an ass clown....

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: March 20, 2010 04:39

Mick Hucknall isn't much of a rock singer. He is more R&B.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2010 08:52

filstan
71Tele

Did you go to any of the 72 tour shows? What was constrained? There was massive energy at these shows, although some venues and crowds had a more rockin' mentality than others. Chicago for instance was much crazier than Denver, but both concerts were very good musically.

I saw the Stones play in Essen in 73 and if anything the crowd there was quite laid back in comparison. I thought the band played great at this show, but was no more intense than the 72 N American tour stops I took in.

Lets face it, the band on both of these tours was in very fine form. The tapes don't lie.

You are right. It's more of a nuance I am mentioning. '72 is my favorite tour after '73 and '69, but they were on top of their game for all of those. They went to another level on '73 though, especially with the manic ending of Street Fighting Man and Taylor playing those modal scales. I actually saw L&G in the theater with the special quad sound system when it was released. It was a thrill at the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 08:55 by 71Tele.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 20, 2010 09:28

RollingStonesRob
Mick Hucknall isn't much of a rock singer. He is more R&B.

I had the same impression until i heard this:

he can do it very good and I won't miss wimpy Rod at all.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: March 22, 2010 15:45

No Rod is a no go..everyone knows that. Hes the voice behind the Faces.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 22, 2010 17:22

Ricky
Keefy

They had 5 days rehearsals.It did happen . But thats all i know...Mac said England was cold but rehearsals went well....

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 15, 2010 11:01

Anything new about the reunion? I've heard nothing new about that....sad smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 15, 2010 16:06

why don't they just do it! there's too much f--n around ...they are wasting time.

oh thats right...its the Faces cool smiley

Date: April 15, 2010 17:01

I was fortunate enough to meet Mac in Austin last month through a female friend of mine. I had met and spoke to him before at his weekly Bump band shows at the Lucky Lounge. But never hung out with him or in a group. So it was exciting and I was honored to enjoy lunch (as part of a group) and tip a few pints of Guiness with him later (of course i bought a round-who wouldn't right!). What an incredibly funny and gracious man, great storyteller too, as you can imagine. At that time, which was about a month ago, he spoke in a positive manner regarding the Faces, not rod's biggest fan of course, but great love for the band and though he didn't say anything directly he didn't rule out the possibility future performances of the Faces (minus rod obviously). So at least as of March there seems to be some momentum there. Oh, he and had high praise for Nicky Hopkins, really thought the world of him.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2010 17:14

Well that's NEWS! Ronnie is when we got things together a Faces-member from the ground...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 15, 2010 17:14

How cool is that, to meet and have a few with Mac!

I love that he lives in Austin and performs regularly there. he's a link between the Faces and Stones

all they need is a singer and bass player. we'll see...

did he say anything about Kenney Jones?

Date: April 15, 2010 17:59

duke richardson
How cool is that, to meet and have a few with Mac!

I love that he lives in Austin and performs regularly there. he's a link between the Faces and Stones

all they need is a singer and bass player. we'll see...

did he say anything about Kenney Jones?

no, nothing specifically about Kenney. you're right he is the link between the two bands. it's too bad they didn't have him join them on stage when he opened their Austin concert in '06. He still seemed disappointed that didn't happen, and rightfully so. Though he didn't expect they would really.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 15, 2010 19:31

Would fantastic to Mac and Kenney makim some decent money with a Faces tour.
I had also the opportunity to talk to him last year in Europe during hist tour with McMurtry. And all what I can say is: What a fantastic guy he is!

let's hope the best for him.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 16, 2010 02:15

71Tele
StonesTod
Ricky
Keefy

ron didn't show - too busy sulking over lack of inclusion on the exile dubs....

The only thing that would have killed Exile for me is letting Ron Wood touch those tracks. I shiver to think of it...he can wait for the Some Girls deluxe edition overdubs.
I want to see if MT laid something on top of Aladdin Story. That would be my Stones Moment. For sure.

Can't somebody send Ronnie an e-mail and ask him wtf whether or not they're gonna tour this summer or what. Someone on here must know how to get a hold of him somehow. I mean come on man>

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 7, 2010 17:09

OOH LA LA! Paper Sleeve.
2010 Remastered 5 titles will be on sale on June 23.
Faces Remaster 2010 Paper Sleeve Jacket

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 9, 2010 05:29

71Tele
StonesTod
nankerphlege
Rod obviously doesn't care about his old band that MADE him.

revisionist history. rod's solo career was always far more successful than his association with the faces. rod made the faces, not the other way around.

The solo records of Rod Stewart with Ron Wood on them were better than the Faces records at the same time. The record company spent more on them and promoted them better. I think if anything Ron Wood - and I am not a big fan of his in the Stones - has been under-appreciated for, it's his contributions to those great Rod Stewart tracks as arranger, guitarist, bassist, and sometimes co-writer.

I disagree!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 9, 2010 09:47

Plundering the Vaults

(May 5, 2010) -- In less than two weeks, everything old will be new again.
The Stones will reissue their "Exile On Main Street" album, with ten previously unreleased bonus tracks. (May 18 in the U.S., a day earlier in other parts of the world.)
Unearthed from the vaults will be alternate versions of "Loving Cup" and "Soul Survivor" (the latter featuring Keith on vocals), as well as an early incarnation of "Tumbling Dice" titled "Good Time Women."
Other bonus tracks include "Plundered My Soul," "I'm Not Signifying," Dancing In The Light," "Pass The Wine" (aka "Sophia Loren" ), and the instrumental "So Divine" (aka "Aladdin Story" ).

Although the bonus outtakes come from the "Exile" sessions, which took place almost 40 years ago, Mick and Keith recently touched them up a bit.
In fact, "Following The River," a track that existed in the vaults as an instrumental, was given new life last year when Mick came up with lyrics and laid down a vocal track.
And word has it that erstwhile guitarist Mick Taylor was brought in to overdub some guitar parts recently.

The band's label, Universal Records, will give consumers a choice between the deluxe CD package and a multi-media super deluxe package.
Purchasers of the deluxe edition will get the original "Exile" plus the ten bonus cuts, while the super deluxe edition will additionally offer vinyl LPs, a documentary DVD, and replicas of the postcards that originally came with the album.

The documentary, titled "Stones In Exile," will be screened this month at the Cannes Film Festival in France, with the Stones in attendance. (No word as to whether Charlie will pose topless on the beach.)
Excerpts will also be shown on NBC-TV's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," during an "Exile"-themed week (beginning May 10) that'll feature Green Day, Sheryl Crow, and Phish covering songs from the album.

Vinyl junkies should also note that a limited edition 7-inch vinyl single of "Plundered My Soul," backed with "All Down The Line," was released a couple of weeks ago.
(Unfortunately, the B-side is nothing more than the regular album track, instead of the previously unreleased acoustic demo version.
Another opportunity was missed by the exclusion of Mick's 1972 ditty, Exile On Main Street Blues.)

While the Stones have no travel plans for 2010, fans had been cheering the announcement of a Mick Taylor tour.
It launched last week in Northampton, Massachusetts, but sadly had to be canceled after three shows, due to illness.
Mick T. was hospitalized with pneumonia the other night, before a show in Falls River, MA.

Mick Jagger, meanwhile, attended a star-studded benefit in New York City the other night (May 3) at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
And Charlie played a gig in Bergen, Norway last week, drumming behind pianists Axel Zwingenberger and Ben Waters at a music festival.

Keith's been wrapping up his autobiography (due in October, tentatively titled "Life" ), and Ronnie's been rehearsing with some of his old Faces mates for a possible European tour.
Nothing's confirmed yet, but they might play a set at the Goodwood motor racing festival in West Sussex, England, the first weekend of July.

Mick Hucknall, formerly of Simply Red, will stand in for Rod, while Glen Matlock, originally of the Sex Pistols, will handle bass duties.
Original Faces Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones will be on keyboards and drums.
Ronnie, by the way, has done a decent job staying out of the tabloids lately, as he is now dating someone young enough to be his daughter, not his granddaughter.

[www.beggarsbanquetonline.com]

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: May 9, 2010 11:07

Still no news about the rumoured show at this year's Montreux Jazz Festival on July 5. However, checking the homepage frequently might be a good idea... Will keep you posted.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: May 9, 2010 12:05

Toru A
OOH LA LA! Paper Sleeve.
2010 Remastered 5 titles will be on sale on June 23.
Faces Remaster 2010 Paper Sleeve Jacket

Great ... and here an original and rare promo item from the 70's which is small as a CD (but at that time the CD was not yet invented)

Andreas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 00:10 by arc-angel.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home