Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith, Louis Vuitton
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2008 06:14

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-08 10:12 by schillid.

Re: Keith, Louis Vuitton
Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: March 8, 2008 16:57

Interesting objects in the picture. It is like Keith looking at Keith (poster on the wall). There is obvious hints to drugs etc. and then the coconuts.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:08

I adore this picture! It is now the background on my computer. Keith and Louis Vuitton together - swoon!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:17

Just looked more closely - this picture schillid posted is a lot different to the one on the "News" page. For a start, the picture here is one of Ronnie's of Keith. Also on the Louis Vuitton case in the "News" picture there is a cup and saucer intead of what looks like a rolled up bill! I like this one schillid has posted better. I wonder which one they will use in the magazines?

God, Annie is a great photographer. She has an exibit at the Legion of Honor in SF at the moment which I am going to try to go to.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:18

There's one born every minute...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-08 18:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:20

What't that ladder doing in the pic? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: March 8, 2008 19:13

Koen
What't that ladder doing in the pic? >grinning smiley<
I was just wondering about that, too. *lol* What's that supposed to mean? eye rolling smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: March 8, 2008 19:26

Remember when Keith "fell" off a ladder at home in CT and cracked a few ribs?

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: March 8, 2008 19:30

lynn1
Remember when Keith "fell" off a ladder at home in CT and cracked a few ribs?

Yep, I've been figuring something along those lines.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Whose black humour is this? *lol* >grinning smiley<

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2008 20:02

take a guess smoking smiley
slow days at the balloon factory lead our cohort schillid in lots of different creative directions
i hope he's proud of this one smoking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 8, 2008 20:31

I like it - yeah, lets see some more modified pics...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 8, 2008 21:10

open-g

nice, G

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 10, 2008 14:11

Keith Richards is the new face of Louis Vuitton, the French maker of luxury handbags and luggage.

The 64-year-old Rolling Stone appeared on a London billboard last week and advertising placed in British newspapers. The campaign will feature in magazines throughout March, Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s head of communications and the 30-year-old son of Bernard Arnault, founder of brand owner LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, said in a Feb. 28 interview.

The younger Arnault said the ads are designed to promote Vuitton’s heritage in luggage and win back older customers that lost interest as the label became more fashion-oriented. Earlier ads in the campaign featured Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev and actress Catherine Deneuve. Richards appears with a deeply wrinkled face holding a guitar in a hotel room with a custom- made Vuitton guitar case behind him on the bed.

“Keith Richards is timeless and ageless,” said Rita Clifton, who heads the U.K. division of brand consultant Interbrand. “He’s lived his life on the edge, but he’s not a sleaze bag. He’s lean and mean and he’s still current.”

Arnault, speaking in his Paris office, said Louis Vuitton is picking “achievers who changed things” to star in the ads. The first series included Deneuve sitting on her Vuitton trunk in a film-set train station, and tennis champions Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf cuddling on a couch near their luggage.

Richards was photographed by Vanity Fair contributor Annie Leibovitz and the image features lamps hung with black scarves printed with skulls. A caption reads: “Some journeys cannot be put into words.”

Ad Spending

The younger Arnault said Louis Vuitton wants to reach business customers and frequent flyers who thought the label had shifted from being a travel brand. Since 1997, Creative Director Marc Jacobs has driven Vuitton’s expansion into clothing.

He declined to release figures on ad spending or say which celebrities will feature next. Two more famous people will appear this year, he said.

According to estimates by Alessandra Rossi, marketing manager for Nielsen Global AdView, Louis Vuitton spent about $80 million last year between January and November advertising in the Asia-Pacific region, Germany, Italy, the U.K. and the U.S.

Louis Vuitton, whose advertising expenses rose 28 percent last year, was the fourth-largest spender after Gucci, Armani and Ralph Lauren and spent more than Prada, according to Rossi’s estimates, which are based on standard market rates.

The label, whose Neverfull handbags can cost more than $600, is also advertising on television, with a global campaign making its way to France on March 10 after breaking in U.S. cinemas and cable channels last month. The 90-second spot, developed with agency Ogilvy & Mather and director Bruno Aveillan, doesn’t feature celebrities, shows few LV logos and offers captions about personal journeys while music plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-10 14:13 by boston2006.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 10, 2008 15:11

LOL

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: March 10, 2008 15:32

drinking smileysmoking smileycool smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
COOL PICTURES thumbs up

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 10, 2008 16:01

I merged Schillid's version with mine.
hope you don't mind, Schillid?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 10, 2008 19:36

>> Louis Vuitton is picking “achievers who changed things” to star in the ads. <<

so schillid and open-g are up next? smoking smiley

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 10, 2008 19:46

with sssoul
>> Louis Vuitton is picking “achievers who changed things” to star in the ads. <<

so schillid and open-g are up next? smoking smiley

They get my vote!winking smiley

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 10, 2008 19:47

sarahunwin
what looks like a rolled up bill!

and note the urn which contains his dad's ashes, to go along with the bill and the mirror...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 10, 2008 19:50

The first one is AWESOME!!! Love the coconuts!grinning smiley

Date: March 10, 2008 23:56

His knuckles look a lot better !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home