Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Concert Souvenir CD
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 8, 2008 09:23

I thought this was interesting,

My son went to see Linkin Park the other day and for $15 he bought a blank CD with a code number that lets him download the entire concert to the CD from his computer about 10 days after the show. Anyone ever see a concert where this has been done? I know Pearl Jam once released CD's of all shows on a tour.

Re: OT: Concert Souvenir CD
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 8, 2008 13:31

I think the Who, Dead and Allman Brothers have all done this.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2008 15:21

I wish the Stones would do this.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:25

Da Who had dvds , Ya Baby Ya

got this dvd about 2 weeks after i seen the opening gig in philly , i was in 14 row center a little too far back to be seen on da video
cool lil poster too

all Profits to benefit Charities supported by Da Two

Posted by: rs1806 ()
Date: March 8, 2008 18:45

on Mando Diao Concerts you can buy an USB-Stick after the concert or you can download it here: [shop.di-rec.com]
it's very good quality!

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: March 8, 2008 21:12

about two years ago there were many bands doing this

i saw the pixies in toronto on their reunion tour and for 20 bucks... and if you waited around after the show for 15 minutes they were selling copies of that very night's show!

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 8, 2008 23:09

Its called 'Instant Live' from Live Nation aka Clear Channel
[www.store.livenation.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2008 23:39

dixiecup

WHOA! Wait a minute!
Don't I remember someone saying recently that the Stones are lining up with Live Nation?
Could this be something we can look forward to in the future?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 9, 2008 04:05

I wish more bands would do this. They would make more money off me. I already have too many T shirts.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 9, 2008 05:38

Dan
I wish more bands would do this. They would make more money off me. I already have too many T shirts.

Yeah,you and me both. I remember when Pearl Jam put out different official releases from one of their tours for every show. With a different setlist from each show. I got the Las Vegas one. Good show. They did a nice cover of Baba O'Riley.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 9, 2008 20:01

I've gotten official live CDs of shows I attended of the Allman Brothers Band, the Dead, the Who, Peter Gabriel and the Pixies.

With the Allmans, I bought a voucher at the show and got Instant Live CD-Rs 15-20 minutes after it ended (the better to blast the show in the car on the ride home while the rush of the performance is fresh in my memory).

With the Pixies, I ordered CDs at the show and they shipped silver CDs about six weeks later (after the rush of the show has long since subsided). The Dead work through munchmusic, which sent CD-Rs a couple weeks after the show.

The Who and Peter Gabriel work through themusic.com. They don't take orders at the show, but advertise the website where one can order CDs and DVDs of that night's performance during intermissions. They send CDs and DVDs about four weeks after the show.

Another option is where bands post FLAC files of soundboard recordings of shows and make them available for download a few days after the show. Pearl Jam and Gov't Mule have nearly all of their recent shows available this way. King Crimson has also made FLACs of a boatload of archival shows available for download.

Either way, I'd be happy to see the Stones jump on this particular bandwagon.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 9, 2008 20:29

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 8, 2008 09:25

Da Who had dvds , Ya Baby Ya

got this dvd about 2 weeks after i seen the opening gig in philly , i was in 14 row center a little too far back to be seen on da video
cool lil poster too

With the Who, u can get the CD, the DVD, or both in a package. I did this for last year's San Diego and second London show. In SD, at the end of Won't Get Fooled Again, u can briefly see my wife and I in the 3rd row right next to someone holding up a "Happy Birthday Roger" sign. A combination of position and something attention getting (my wife, justkiddin) landed me in the video.

plexi

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 9, 2008 20:35

Edith Grove
dixiecup

WHOA! Wait a minute!
Don't I remember someone saying recently that the Stones are lining up with Live Nation?
Could this be something we can look forward to in the future?

I really doubt it, knowing their reluctance to let non-doctored performances into the public domain.

Maybe I imagined this, but I seem to remember prior to the ABB tour that when they announced the first shows there was something in the terms and conditions which indicated that the shows were being recorded for these kind of releases, but nothing further seems to have ever been mentioned regarding it.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 9, 2008 21:16

The Allman Brothers, The WHO, Willie Nelson all do variations of what Linkin Park does.

Shame that the Stones don't do something similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home