Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Buying Jagger solo?
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 20, 2010 20:34

I agree with jamesfd about the albums. WS is far and away the best, as many others have stated. I think the Best Of comp is pretty tastefully done as well. I'd get the Best Of album along with WS.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 20, 2010 21:52

studiorambo
If Jagger had a great album up his sleeve, what was the hold up in the Stones recording it? It's funny that the break between Dirty Work and the comeback Steel Wheels was shorter than the break until Voodoo Lounge.

the break was more between tours than albums-82-89

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:46

BUY:

Wandering Spirit - by far and away his best solo album.

Goddess in the Doorway - underrated album and a commercial disaster (reportedly sold 2/3000 copies in its first week in the UK). Shame because there are some gems here.

The Essential Mick Jagger - very good compilation of key solo songs and unreleased material (which is superb - apart from Charmed Life, which is wank). If you only get one, get this.

AVOID:

She's The Boss - piss poor attempt at making Let's Dance. Forgot to bring more than one good song (Just Another Night) and compounded this dud by making a terrible film around it called Running Out Of Luck. Unlike some Stones albums, which don't seem as bad as they were on initial release - twenty years later, when your hearing's going and modern music all sounds crap - She's The Boss is still a turd.

Primitive Cool - aka:things I never learnt from She's The Boss. Probably even worse than She's The Boss. I wouldn't really know, because I've played it exactly twice in my life (the last time in 1989, shortly before Steel Wheels came out) and can't face a third (turd) listen. DIRE. Has a putdown of Keith Richards on it called War Baby. Keith responded with You Don't Move Me, which was infinitely better.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:52

the only thing good about PC is that it makes STB almost listenable by comparison....

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 21, 2010 02:05

My least preffered is Primitive Cool .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home