Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keeping your cool.
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 20, 2010 18:55

I keep reading articles about stars still being inspired by Mick or the Stones.
Lady Gaga, Jonas Brothers, Justin Timberlake, Hip hoppers, rap artist just to mention a few that have been in the news lately talking about being influenced by Mick. But is not so much about the music anymore...What's the deal here?

Re: Keeping your cool.
Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:40

Been a while since Jagger 'imself was into music primarily?

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:43

i am surprised too. i think it has more to do with the mick jagger from the 70´s.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 20, 2010 23:53

I agree. Or it's the "dark mystical" late 60's satanic band image that really didn't exist to the extent of the mythos. It was that romantic second-hand 70's-early 80's image was the myth we Gen-Xers bought into back in the Steel Wheels days. Too bad the current album was nothing like what we called 'the good stuff'. Kids today (late teens, early 20s) that are into the Stones are pretty much only into 10-20 songs found on most compliations.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 21, 2010 00:56

I'm not sure that I agree because many 50-60 year old Stones fans have kids in their 20's and 30's and they grew up with the Stones blasting out of their parents' stereos!! They would have heard the entire Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Beggar's Banquet, and Exile...let's hope so anyway. It became an acquired taste! I agree though that we had the better stuff, the 60's and 70's Stones music did surpass any of the later material, IMO. I do like Steel Wheels!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 21, 2010 01:17

Okay, yes, children of fans who know those albums would be exposed to them. Then they would decide if the 'mom & pop' music is cool enough to stick with later on. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I'm of the last end of a generation where parents weren't fans, my parents would roll their eyes at them or shake their heads (actually it may have been about my teen-hero obseesion over them...).

Good times.

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home