Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick in Hanif Kureishi's new novel
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 1, 2008 03:01

I haven't read it but it's called Something to Tell You. This encounter with Mick sounds intriguing...

^^There is even a cameo appearance by Mick Jagger, who entertains Jamal in his suite at Claridge's after a Rolling Stones gig. 'That really did happen,' Kureishi says. 'It came at a point where I was really stuck with the book and we went and saw the Stones at the Astoria and got invited back to see Mick. And it was just brilliant. This great rock god that I'd worshipped as a boy and there we were in Claridge's. I thought, I've got to put this in.' ^^

And from other reviews:

^^Being an analyst grants Jamal access to all areas of society. He can go up to glitzy parties (there’s a funny scene with Mick Jagger in a Claridge’s suite), then down to brothels and piss-stinking pubs.^^

^^If the current outing has a symbolic highpoint it comes when several members of the cast get to meet Mick Jagger in the aftermath of a Rolling Stones concert.^^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-01 03:03 by Beast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home