Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: HTW from Belgrade, Serbia, Keith's side
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 14, 2010 16:26

I've opened the same thread in the first sub-forum, but fellow IORR member 'Amused' was kind enough to suggest to open it here as well, as more people might read it, so here we go.

Sorry if this sounds a bit odd or silly, but hey, in a day or two the thread could end buried on 2nd, 3rd page so no harm done, and at least I've tried.

So my only Stones gig was in Belgrade, 14. VII 2007. I was still a student and wasn't working at that time and getting the 'fan pit' ticket - Keith's side, of course! - turned out to be almost a real problem, with me finally borrowing money (50 euros I think) from a cousin. But it was well worth it, of course - amazing gig, no flaws (except perhaps the messed-up intro to Brown Sugar), with one interesting moment for me personally, hence this thread.

I had a good spot, came early, didn't go to the front rows as it was 4 PM and the sun was merciless, so I've happily positioned myself and spent the whole concert leaning on that.. how do you say it, foreigner here.. rail? Meaning I was in 'front row' during the mobile mini-stage. So I had a great view of Mick during "Miss you", but the really nice moment happened when they were returning to the main stage, during HTW; Keith was finishing his solo, and I've noticed he kept looking at the 'front row', and he looked straight at me (great eyes!); it might sound as "yeah, sure he did", but he was 3 meters above me, 2 girls standing from both of my sides were both filming (it wasn't crowded at all), both like 160 cm tall, and there was me left in a middle, 188 cm (over 6 feet), with both my hands raised up, so it was almost like I was there alone; I didn't want to hysterically shout or jump, so I've tried to act 'cool', just raised my hands and two thumbs up in the air and nodded my head, like "you da man, Keith", and he smiled at me, left his guitar neck and thumped his chest in approval few times with his left hand. Yeah! "My buddy Keith!", thought I, and after the concert I was so impressed that I've just said to my Slovenian rail neighbours "ok, see ya next time!" (that girl who was filming was with her boyfriend and we spent few hours on that rail chatting before the gig), and me being an idiot, forgot to ask for her email, because she was right beside me and had almost the same view.

But on the way back to my hometown of Novi Sad (90 minutes ride from Belgrade) I thought "nah, nevermind; so many cameras around me; it's bound to turn up on Youtube, right?"

Yeah, right! Wrong. Unfortunately, no videos from this close distance, in over 2 years that I've searched I've managed to find only 2 videos shot from far away (but you can see the moment);

- at 2:27 sec. here:

- at 2:00 sec. here:

So.. if anyone has a better view, could he/she upload those 20, 30 sec, with solo? Thanks so much in advance!

It's not the end of the world if I never find a better vid - it's all preserved in my memory, of course.

And sorry for the long post! Kind regards from Novi Sad (terrorized by the snow),

Milan

Re: Request: HTW from Belgrade, Serbia, Keith's side
Posted by: Hiccup ()
Date: February 14, 2010 16:45

Hehehe....well good luck mate - I really hope you find it!

My first concert is somehow lost alltogether, no great view at all as I was in the middle of the Olympic stadium in Berlin....and my stupid mate I was with did not agree with skipping school to get there early - idiot!

Second concert, only about 10 days later at Waldbuhne, I went by myself....and of course skipped school alltogether...and therefore ended up in the front row!
Right in front of Keith, was quite cool....never thought he's that little tho! Well, none of the Stones is very tall anyway, but I didnt know that then.

Anyway, good luck buddy,

Hiccup

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-14 16:48 by Hiccup.

Re: Request: HTW from Belgrade, Serbia, Keith's side
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 14, 2010 16:51

Thanks, Hiccup. I know people here must have better moments with Stones members - taking photos with them and getting autographs pre and after the shows, getting picks, but I guess my memory is kinda nice as well... considering it might be the only Stones concert in Serbia (let's hope not!)

Speaking of nice moments... here's a great thread, nice reading:

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-14 16:53 by Milan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home