Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: I blew our £27,000 life savings on dinner with Neil Diamond
Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:11

Beast
Whaaaaaaat?!?! No to the second question, yes to the first (but you'd still be behind me, mind).

I thought you'd have been at the O2 Arena tonight.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:13

TOO-WIT TOO-WOO - WOO HOO!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: February 14, 2010 02:14

Don't tell me you're pretending to be icelandic now!

Date: February 14, 2010 02:17

...did the two work well together?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:25

Barn Owl
Beast
Whaaaaaaat?!?! No to the second question, yes to the first (but you'd still be behind me, mind).

I thought you'd have been at the O2 Arena tonight.

Naaah - two yawns together would be too much.

Date: February 14, 2010 02:32

I figured!

I know you get bored easily with Beck anyway, and Eric isn't the type to light anyone's blue touch paper, irrespective of where it needs to be inserted!

...lot's of posing, I guess.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 14, 2010 04:45

Beast
Well, they could be run down by a bus tomorrow - so what good would £27,000 be to them then? If it made them happy, then best of British to them (especially since they are from my home town >grinning smiley<).

They could also be run down by a bus and SURVIVE. Good thing they have 27,000 in savings to cover expenses .... Ooops!

Date: February 14, 2010 16:49

tatters
Beast
Well, they could be run down by a bus tomorrow - so what good would £27,000 be to them then? If it made them happy, then best of British to them (especially since they are from my home town >grinning smiley<).

They could also be run down by a bus and SURVIVE. Good thing they have 27,000 in savings to cover expenses .... Ooops!

...the NHS would sort them out there, no problem!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 14, 2010 17:57

I can easily envision these two shuffling around their local homeless shelter, clutching with a vice-like death grip onto their autographed photos of Neil, proudly showing them off to all the other residents, (We have seen NEIL. He SPOKE to us. We have touched THE HEM OF HIS GARMENT) who will correctly assume they are mentally ill. I have done some stupid things. I've blown the rent money on studio time. But that was for the sake of my ART, such as it is. I hope I never do anything as ridiculous as spend thousands to meet someone I admire. I'm not sure a person who charges thousands just to meet them is even deserving of admiration.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-14 22:24 by tatters.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 14, 2010 18:07

... Diamond didn't "charge" them anything - it was a charity auction deal, so presumably he contributed his time.
i would hope so, anyway - i'm not judging these people, but i do wonder if the celebrity involved could feel comfortable with it.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 14, 2010 19:06

bigtyke66
clapton71
I think you could have used that $$$$ for a more worthy cause. I don't know..............Haiti? What a waste.

I think Children In Need is a pretty worthy cause. Good for them, I say!

yes clapton71 , the money did go to a charity.

that being said...it is weird that people would pay so much money to
have a celebrity pretend to like them for a day.....especially when these celebrities
could donate similar amounts (or more) without denting their life savings...while the
fans might be putting theirs in jeopardy.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: February 14, 2010 21:47

Khaddafi jr. blew about two million dollars of his money to have Beyonce give a concert for him and his friends ...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 15, 2010 00:06

I thought there was REALLY going to be a HAPPY ending, like when Neil Diamond heard their story, he gave them back a large portion of their savings! Now THAT would have been cool!! To Neil Diamond, that amount is a pittance!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 15, 2010 00:17

And you gave how much??? Cast stones at yourself!

Glad they had a great time!

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 03:19

I don't know what the savings equals to American currency but to sit at a table and have a celeb come by and sign a album cover or two and take a few pictures is not worth it. First, it's not even one of the Stones. Would I pay that much??? No. Common sense plays a factor. How long does a high last? You have the signature and photo. Next you have some serious health issues or bills and you had wished you never spent the $$ on bulls$%t. What a joke they are.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 15, 2010 09:01

buffalo7478

Elvis Costello sells VIP tix for some concerts for $350, which give you a seat in the first 10 rows and a meet-n-greet with Elvis, and a portion of the money goes to charity ($25 or $50 I believe).
quote]

I had my own meet-and-greet with elvis outside the ladies restroom at the first beacon show. he wasn't the friendliest celeb...

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: February 15, 2010 10:14

They let it get the better of them.You never let that dominate your life.Music is entertainment.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home