Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

backing vocals on "Brown Sugar"
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 27, 2008 22:56

Can anybody recall Keith singing backing vocals on any live versions of "Brown Sugar"?

It is Keith that joins Mick for the final chorus on the famous Brussels '73 version? It sounds like Keith. But I've never heard or seen another live version of the song with Keith singing any backing vocals at any time during the song. Has anybody else?

Re: backing vocals on "Brown Sugar"
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:37

Tumblin_Dice_07
Can anybody recall Keith singing backing vocals on any live versions of "Brown Sugar"?

It is Keith that joins Mick for the final chorus on the famous Brussels '73 version? It sounds like Keith. But I've never heard or seen another live version of the song with Keith singing any backing vocals at any time during the song. Has anybody else?

Billy Preston did the backup vocals in '73 and '75/'76. As far as I know Keith never sang backup live on BS.

Mathijs

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 28, 2008 16:50

Keith was the true motor of the song. He put all his energy in whipping the powerful riffs out of his guitar, with Bill and Charlie panting only slightly behind. Let's thank him for doing such a wonderful job on his guitar and not waste any of his contageous energy on backing vocals.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 28, 2008 20:17

?

How about the lead...???

2 1 2 0

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 29, 2008 00:40

>> Let's thank him for doing such a wonderful job on his guitar
and not expending any of his contagious energy on backing vocals <<

... you mean in concert, of course; of course Keith sings glorious back-up on the studio versions.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 30, 2008 10:20

Well actually I even meant only during Brown Sugar in concert. I love his backing vocals on songs like Let it bleed, Dead Flowers, YCAGWYW, et cetera et cetera et cetera in concert.
But on those high energy, riff driven songs like Brown Sugar I love the way he concentrates on being the FORCE of the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-30 10:21 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 1, 2008 06:56

Mathijs
Tumblin_Dice_07

Billy Preston did the backup vocals in '73 and '75/'76. As far as I know Keith never sang backup live on BS.

Mathijs

So that's Billy Preston singing backing vocals during the last chorus of "Brown Sugar" on Brussels Affair? I know Preston sings backup during the "yeah yeah yeah whoo!!!" part but the last chorus sounds like Keith to my ears. I could be wrong though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home