Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
What if Mick toured solo?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 10, 2010 23:25

Would you go? What kind of expectations would you have? Who would he play with? What would the stage. ticket prices, etc be like? What about setlists?

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: What if Mick toured solo?
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 10, 2010 23:32

I'd go. If the ticket price is reasonable and the venue not an open field or stadium.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 10, 2010 23:32

I would go if he played within walking distance of my flat.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 10, 2010 23:36

I can't see myself going to see such a show.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: February 10, 2010 23:59

Yes, I`d go! I like his solo gigs - that I see only on youtube etc, to my pity - they are rather strange maybe,not like Stones,meaning emotions, energy, all the sound of course, and Mick himself seems to me strange, I dont know... cold but furious... but that`s very interesting.
I`d go for sure, if Keith or Ronnie solo would happen within reach,too, but I have no hope on either of them all. sad smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 11, 2010 00:21

Of course I'd go especially since I missed his last solo tour and I'm still kicking myself inthe ass for not making a huge effort to get to that Webster Hall performance! I don't know HOW I missed that...was it just sold out too fast to even have a chance at tickets? He has a lot of great solo material to perform, more than he had for his last tour. He could have awesome special guests...Townsend, Lenny Krawitz, Wyclef Jean, David Stewart, etc. I bet he'd use Blondie and Lisa and Bernard too! Just the thought of such a tour gets me excited!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 11, 2010 00:27

I'd go just because I love the Stones but I'd be angry at him.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 11, 2010 00:46

I would never see him performing stonessongs with another band the same way he did in 88 with Joe Satriani playing Keefs riffs, what a joke!

It´s a miracle that Keef agreed to go on tour in 89 again after that treatment of him and his riffs. But that´s the way Jagger is, business as usual without any respect for anything as long as there is money to make.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: February 11, 2010 00:51

In a smallish venue - 5k audience max - with Jagger tearing through Wandering Spirit (the best album he's done since Tattoo You) and a selection of covers and obscure Stones tracks, I would most definitely pay to see that. In fact, I'd much rather go to this than a Stones show.

Date: February 11, 2010 00:57

I think it would totally depend on the band.
If he showed up with a band of Neville Bros or Dr John, Levon Helm..people like that, of his age I would probably go.
If it was a slick LA band of session cats, Steve Vai - all the top glitzy noodlers I would not go.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:00

As long as he don´t let somebody else play the stones warhorses on guitar and preferably do a show without any stonescontent at all.

What would you say if your closest friend for long would let somebody else play your guitarriffs and songs on stage with your brother, only Jagger could do such a thing and that´s why i don´t like him that much.

But without Jagger no stones and i love stones more than life.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:02

What size venue would he play?

Could Jagger solo fill arenas?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:02

I'd have to agree, WORRIED! Imagine Jagger playing ALL of Wandering Spirit and Goddess...well, MOST of Goddess! I wouldn't mind the crowd being a bit larger, say, 10,000 but no larger. He could play " Memo From Turner!!! YIPPEE! Maybe as a solo gig he'd try " Let It Loose". I would say that a show like that would be worth a few hundred!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:15

Jagger with the remains of the Red Devils??? Hell Yeah!!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:26

NO, sorry -he could be playing in the backyard next door and I wouldnt watch. Not to see stones classics played by a Keith wanna be, and some one trying to play like Charlie. Just my opinion,for those who would go- I hope you enjoy.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:31

It's a nice idea, but I'd prefer another new Mick Jagger solo album over him touring as a solo act.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:42

I would most certainly go. Take a look at the concert footage from his 1988 tour.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 11, 2010 02:27

I think it would be great if he did it once one of the other Stones decides to retire from the band.Mick could easily put together a killer band the way Bob Dylan does and try to recreate the classic Stones sound circa 1972 , maybe do some songs that have been neglected by The Stones.Macca puts on great and long shows.I can't see why Mick wouldn't be able to pull it off as well.Of course, nothing can beat The Stones but this could be something new, fresh and rewarding for the fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-11 02:28 by stones_serb.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 11, 2010 02:37

take a look at some of those bootleg videos of his solo shows....as someone mentioned previously...the whole mood and
energy is different.....like when he played with the Hall & Oates Band at Live Aid...but different. More pop-ish & plastic...less
authentic.

i've seen the solo Australian video...a Japanese one..and the Webster Hall video. Webster Hall is probably the best.

i'd probably go if i could get a good seat for $50 in a non-stadium venue.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 11, 2010 02:38

I never liked Jagger as a solo act. The music stinks. He is at his best when backed by Richards, Wood, and Watts. The chemistry is not there when he performs with other musicians.

I would not go to a Jagger concert.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 11, 2010 03:11

I'd go if it was a theatre tour and the prices weren't too outrageous. I wouldn't even care too much what the setlist was, as long as he seemed to be making some sort of an effort to connect with the audience.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 11, 2010 03:16

If he did something interesting and intimate musically, which showed off his many talents, I might. Being as there is absolutely zero chance of that happening, then no.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: February 11, 2010 03:37

I think 'Being Mick' and the greatest hits collection that sold like a coupla thousand copies were the final nails in Mick's solo musical career's coffin. I would not go see him solo. I feel bad for it. I dearly love him with the stones but I cringe when he tries it solo. Except for Wandering Spirit. Beautiful. Shoulda done it with The Stones and without Handsome Molly. I'd go see the Winos or Charlie Watts playing spoons or anything percussive.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 11, 2010 03:44

nonfilter
I think 'Being Mick' and the greatest hits collection that sold like a coupla thousand copies were the final nails in Mick's solo musical career's coffin. I would not go see him solo. I feel bad for it. I dearly love him with the stones but I cringe when he tries it solo. Except for Wandering Spirit. Beautiful. Shoulda done it with The Stones and without Handsome Molly. I'd go see the Winos or Charlie Watts playing spoons or anything percussive.

[www.non-filters.com]

yeah well, the success of the SW/UJ tour owes a LOT to Mick's hard work the previous year to promote his solo career ......

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:58

I'd go for sure if I could possibly swing it. He's one of the greatest performers in the history of music.

I'm all for seeing any solo work from any Stones.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:12

Yes I'd go. It'd be interesting to see what he has changed from his last solo tour (not that I was there, but lots on YouTube to see). He seems to need to keep evoloving and I wonder what stage he is at now.

But if I had a choice of wther to see either MJ solo OR the Stones then that is no choice at all

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:15

I'd NOT go. I'm not interested in Mick's solo works.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:17

Jagger's ego is infinite...........................
I would'nt go to his shows, he just overacts............ just to show the world how athletic, healthy and sexy he remains

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:18

Who the @#$%& is MJ???????????

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 10:33

Of course I would go!
since 2006 he is the rolling stones, he is the only one who makes you feel you paid the right price for the ticket..

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home