Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wild and Crazy Stones Concerts You Have Attended
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 9, 2010 14:38

I have thus far attended five Stones concerts, of which the first was in Cincinnati at the Reds stadium in 1994. We drove there in a group sponsored bus, which actually allowed and encouraged heavy drinking. A few wine coolers allowed us to get in the mood. We were lucky in that we were very close to the stage and could clearly see all of the Stones. In front of us was a group of four thirty something fans, two men and two women. One of the men was very drunk and possibly on a lot of drugs. He went on and on and on about how he had always worshipped the Stones and how this was the opportunity of a lifetime. He seemed to enjoy the opening act. At the intermission he continued to talk about the Stones and how he really loved them. When the Stones took the stage an hour later, the crowd went berserk. At this point the man passed out and at one point his face was actually touching the concrete. His wife or girlfriend tried on several occasions to waken him without success. About two hours later the Stones exited the stage and the lights went on.

At this point the man woke up after a nudge from his friend. When she told him he had missed the entire Stones concert, he said, Why didn’t you wake me up?!! This actually happened, so help me.

I would like to hear from others who have witnessed the fanatic frenzy at a Stones concert.

Re: Wild and Crazy Stones Concerts You Have Attended
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 9, 2010 14:50

Here is another story. A few years ago we attended a concert at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The Stones had just completed the walk to the B stage and had ripped into a powerful version of IORR and Mannish Boy. Below us were two young people, a man and his very pretty 25 year old girl friend. This girl was so excited by the music she was throwing major right and left jabs as she danced. As she was near the aisles, several people walking down the aisles had to take evasive action to keep from being knocked out! Needless to say, this lady was totally engrossed in the Stones music and oblivious to everything else.

Seeing the Stones perform just a few feet away, seeing Jagger flying around the stage like a mad man, and seeing this lady being consumed by the music would have to be one of the highlights of my experience with the Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home