Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New York 6-27-75 //- Toronto 75 shows
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 7, 2008 07:10

Can someone be so kind to help me out. I'm after these boots but need the quality first. Can you rate it out of 10 with 10 being excellent. Is there any hiss? Thanks

Re: New York 6-27-75 //- Toronto 75 shows
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 7, 2008 20:20

the New York 6/27/75 show is very good. I think there is a bit of hiss though. But I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, it's an 8. I think only one of the Toronto shows circulate (6/17/75) but it is a good one. Maybe a 7 out of 10?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 8, 2008 01:05

A good vinyl transfer of NY 27th june 1975 is now running on Dime.

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: January 8, 2008 02:27

The only thing about the NYC show I dislike is there is an annoying chick screaming with her friends in much of the in between song banter...I normally am not bothered by this but her voice is particularly annoying to my ears. Its a smokin' show though and hard to say which is the best!

Yes only 1 of the Toronto shows circulates but 1 track or so is available from the other Toronto date.

Id say to load them both and decide for yourself. They are both great recordings and why limit yourself to just one concert. Both of these VGP issues (Hold On Tight & Lux In Tor) are Sold Out in Japan and have been for quite some time. Another great one is Jacksonville 8/2/75!

Posted by: Orbit ()
Date: January 8, 2008 13:39

For those sufficiently interested:

It should be noted that the original vinyl 'Hold On Tight' is actually from a different (slightly better) source tape to the VGP title - the loud females are thankfully not present and the taper seems to be closer to the stage. The big drawbacks with the vinyl version are that it runs way to fast, the running order is wrong and it isn't complete.

However, about 18 months ago I compiled a speed-corrected and equalised CD-R set using the vinyl source, but adding the missing cuts from the VGP title. I find this set to be pretty enjoyable and might even have the edge on the LA July 13 tape - for example Jagger's singing is less 'affected' (Incidentally, I traded this compilation so this might be the one circulating on DIME I guess).

Date: January 8, 2008 13:44

Hold on tight is IMO the best boot from the entire 1975-tour. Great stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home