Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tickets from STUB HUB
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 27, 2007 20:25

I had a problem with them about below cost Stones tickets back in Oct 2002. I went to the San Francisco attorney general and then they quickly resolved the problem.

I'm on the phone with them now as I type. They just sent me the wrong tickets because the broker they are selling for found a higher buyer (my assumption). I had bought reserved front row for Velvet Revolver (center mezz) and they sent me cheaper general admission tickets.

Now they think I should be happy with just a refund. They cost me time and money. I also don't like any ticket brokers so if this is a chance to help regulate them or shut them down, now is the time.

I'm looking for anyone who ever had a problem with STUB HUB to contact me at: dreamtime@att.net

Thank-you and Happy New Year!

Re: Tickets from STUB HUB
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 27, 2007 21:37

Never buy from StubHub. They just mark up the price from the brokers who hold the tickets. Find a good local broker, and save yourself about 20%. By the way, if you don't like brokers, why buy from them?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 28, 2007 01:12

DREAMTIME Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a problem with them about below cost Stones
> tickets back in Oct 2002. I went to the San
> Francisco attorney general and then they quickly
> resolved the problem.
>
> I'm on the phone with them now as I type. They
> just sent me the wrong tickets because the broker
> they are selling for found a higher buyer (my
> assumption). I had bought reserved front row for
> Velvet Revolver (center mezz) and they sent me
> cheaper general admission tickets.
>
> Now they think I should be happy with just a
> refund. They cost me time and money. I also don't
> like any ticket brokers so if this is a chance to
> help regulate them or shut them down, now is the
> time.
>
> I'm looking for anyone who ever had a problem with
> STUB HUB to contact me at: dreamtime@att.net
>
> Thank-you and Happy New Year!

No thanks, I am smart enough to know better than to deal with them in the first place. No need to get the authorities involved to "protect me."

And why would you buy from a broker for Velvet Revolver? During the summer/fall tour, half capacity was a good night.

Date: December 28, 2007 05:40

I see why these 'forums' are never going to work on any site. It seems the people who respond are always the negative ones and the same ones who don't read and understand the post before they reply.

I ONLY BUY DISTRESSED TICKETS BELOW COST!!

This was only the third attempt since 2002. The first was the Stones, as mentioned, where I won an auction for $175 for 2 $350 tix. That's why they tried to wiggle out of that one. The second time was the Stones in Hawaii this past tour. $74 for 4th row tickets were in the mail to me when the show was cancelled. And now $49.50 for $167 tickets.

AND YOU DO NEED PROTECTION!! IF YOU EVER BOUGHT ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, PROTECTION WAS INVOLVED.

AND MAYBE IF YOU WERE PART OF THE SOLUTION AND HELPED BREAK UP CLEAR CHANEL/LIVE NATION/TICKETMASTER/EBAY, YOUR TICKETS MIGHT BE CHEAPER & BETTER!!!

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 28, 2007 11:51

go back to sleep dreamtime, maybe you will awake in the REAL world

Date: December 28, 2007 19:24

DREAMTIME Wrote:
> I see why these 'forums' are never going to work
> on any site. It seems the people who respond are
> always the negative ones and the same ones who
> don't read and understand the post before they
> reply.
>
> I ONLY BUY DISTRESSED TICKETS BELOW COST!!
>
> This was only the third attempt since 2002. The
> first was the Stones, as mentioned, where I won an
> auction for $175 for 2 $350 tix. That's why they
> tried to wiggle out of that one. The second time
> was the Stones in Hawaii this past tour. $74 for
> 4th row tickets were in the mail to me when the
> show was cancelled. And now $49.50 for $167
> tickets.
>
> AND YOU DO NEED PROTECTION!! IF YOU EVER BOUGHT
> ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, PROTECTION WAS INVOLVED.
>
> AND MAYBE IF YOU WERE PART OF THE SOLUTION AND
> HELPED BREAK UP CLEAR CHANEL/LIVE
> NATION/TICKETMASTER/EBAY, YOUR TICKETS MIGHT BE
> CHEAPER & BETTER!!!

I don't have any problem with Clear Channel/Live Nation/Ticketmaster/Ebay. I never pay more than I want to. The reason for high prices is the artists.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: December 28, 2007 20:19

Heard nothing but good things about stub hub

Date: December 28, 2007 20:20

Stub hubs rocks

Date: December 28, 2007 20:47

YES,it's always the artists/band fault/responsibility but it's also the responsibility of concert goers to express themselves that they do not want to pay for all these middlemen/promoters/ticket distributers' yachts!!

Live Nation is Crap
Clear Chanel is Crap
Cohl is Crap

If you believe you are in a fair market driven environment, your even more foolish than I can believe!

It is a corrupt, controlled industry that needs to be broken down. They complain to USA government about piracy in China etc and demand tax payers pay for their protection but you think people don't need protection?

Go back to school!!

Date: December 28, 2007 21:18

DREAMTIME Wrote:
> YES,it's always the artists/band
> fault/responsibility but it's also the
> responsibility of concert goers to express
> themselves that they do not want to pay for all
> these middlemen/promoters/ticket distributers'
> yachts!!
>

Then don't pay them. Pretty easy choice to make.

> Live Nation is Crap
> Clear Chanel is Crap
> Cohl is Crap
>
> If you believe you are in a fair market driven
> environment, your even more foolish than I can
> believe!
>

If you keep giving the middleman your money only to whine about it later, then YOU are the fool.

> It is a corrupt, controlled industry that needs to
> be broken down. They complain to USA government
> about piracy in China etc and demand tax payers
> pay for their protection but you think people
> don't need protection?
>
> Go back to school!!

If you don't think you are getting a good value for your money or getting a good deal, then just walk away. Even most retards can figure that much out. We're not talking gas and baby formula here.

And yeah right, tickets will be so much cheaper and easier to get if the government got involved in the distribution. Gimme a break. I don't need Uncle Sam holding my hand throughout the process, sorry you are having such a hard time with it. There is plenty of government protection for the mentally disabled, maybe you can get your social worker to help you get concert tickets.

Date: December 30, 2007 17:30

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Date: December 30, 2007 20:26

The "fans"/ticket holders on stubhub set the price.
I've got some good deals on stubhub too depending on the state of supply and demand.
What I do not like about stubhub is that they charge a 15% commission to both the buyer and the seller during a sales transaction. Also, FEDEX is the only shipping option they offer and it's $25 USD. stubhub doesn't combine shipping for multiple purchases either which is a rip-off.
But the reliability of service is great, I never had a problem with getting what I bought as advertised.
With stubhub, ebay and other ticket auctioning sites, patience pays off. In most cases you can find the best deals leading up to just before the event. The tickets are always listed high in adavnce of the event but as the event draws closer, the ticket prices drop like a rock so they don't go unsold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home