Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can I post this?
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 5, 2010 06:02

I hope to offend noone by this post,

But I am looking for info regarding an incident on Anita, while they were recoding 'Goat's Head Soup', How she came to jailed and raped...and also the incident regarding Bill Wyman's wife (?) at the time where intruder's broke into his hotel room....

Seems like ALOT of dark things wrre happening to The Stones and everyone around them.

I.e. Jimmy Miller
Anita
Keith etc....

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Can I post this?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 5, 2010 09:00

the story of what happened to Anita is on pages 208-209 of Bockris's biography of Keith -
it happened after the 1973 Pacific Tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 5, 2010 14:15

It's also mentioned in Tony Sanchez' book, as far as I recall. Made for pretty unpleasant reading. Strange how times change. If that kind of thing happened to a major celebrity's wife now, it would be a front page story for weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-05 14:17 by Gazza.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 5, 2010 15:39

Gazza
It's also mentioned in Tony Sanchez' book, as far as I recall. Made for pretty unpleasant reading. Strange how times change. If that kind of thing happened to a major celebrity's wife now, it would be a front page story for weeks.
Gazza, you are a wellspring of knowledge and information .i have this book and i will be reading it again .did not remember this about Anita. was it a stones insider that did it or a random bloke ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 5, 2010 15:54

She was thrown in a cell in Jamaica after being picked up on a drugs charge (I think, I cant recall exactly - been a long time since I read the book), and when Keith arrived to get her released, it turned out she'd been held in pretty appalling and squalid conditions, beaten up and gang raped by other prisoners (I guess they didn't find it necessary to hold women prisoners separate from the male inmates, and didn't do much to prevent the inevitably gruesome consequences).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-05 15:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 5, 2010 15:58

Gazza
She was thrown in a cell in Jamaica after being picked up on a drugs charge (I think, I cant recall exactly - been a long time since I read the book), and when Keith arrived to get her released, it turned out she'd been held in pretty appalling and squalid conditions, beaten up and gang raped by other prisoners (I guess they didn't find it necessary to hold women prisoners separate from the male inmates, and didn't do much to prevent the inevitably gruesome consequences).

And the person who offered to "help" Keith get Anita out of Jamaica turned out to be involved in the abuse against her. That person's no longer a friend of the Richards clan.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:21

Gazza

That's right,page 289.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:23

I read somewhere that Astrid was raped while Bill was forced under the bed at knife-point. Some in the Stones camp criticized him for not taking more action. Don't know if any of this is true though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 5, 2010 17:25

Gazza
thanks Gazza, jamamica can be rough !

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 5, 2010 17:56

Elmo Lewis
I read somewhere that Astrid was raped while Bill was forced under the bed at knife-point. Some in the Stones camp criticized him for not taking more action. Don't know if any of this is true though.

Let me guess - that was Mick, probably while wearing a tuxedo.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: February 5, 2010 18:39

She thought she was above the law and flaunted her association w/the local Rasta & she got paid out.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 5, 2010 18:40

skipstone
Elmo Lewis

Let me guess - that was Mick, probably while wearing a tuxedo.
Is that supposed to be funny?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:15

HEILOOBAAS
She thought she was above the law and flaunted her association w/the local Rasta & she got paid out.

Yeah, the story wasn't real clear, just that she started hanging out with some bad elements and was warned to distance herself but didn't...then all hell broke loose.

It always amazed me that Keith remained close to Jamaica after that.

There must be much more too it that we don't know.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 5, 2010 23:28

Was there ever any legal actoin sought? So far as pressing charges or trying to identify the rapists?

And Didn't Anita get busted for coke?

Very Horrible chapter in the Stones History

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 5, 2010 23:55

Keith paid a massive bribe to the person who eventually turned out to be the person who had had Anita arrested.

Stanley's account is very graphic and sad.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 6, 2010 05:45

kovach
HEILOOBAAS

Yeah, the story wasn't real clear, just that she started hanging out with some bad elements and was warned to distance herself but didn't...then all hell broke loose.

It always amazed me that Keith remained close to Jamaica after that.

There must be much more too it that we don't know.

I remember it somewhat differently, HEILOOBAAS. Not that Anita started hanging out with some bad elements (bad woman!)

But both Keith and Anita when in Jamaica hung with the Rastas, who were far from law-abiding citizens. Their compound was free and easy -- reflecting the usual lifestyle of sex, drugs, and rock n roll.

Keith and Anita were becoming estranged at this point. I believe the Stones had gotten home from touring, and Keith joined Anita in Jamaica. But after a short time wasn't digging Anita or the non-touring scene. So he split.

With Keith having come and gone, Anita no longer had male protection. She kept up her flagrant disregard for the white establishment's edict that proper white ladies don't mix it up with gangsta rastas. Who the white establishment is or was is a mystery to me. A real damn mystery.

But with Keith gone, and Anita swinging from the chandaliers, shooting up, screwing rastas, and not behaving like a lady the cops showed up at their crib, found weed, and dragged Anita off to the chokey. The beatings and rape commenced.

Horrifying story. To me, the most poignant part of the story is when Keith finally made it down there -- or maybe she finally made it back to England -- she ran to Keith in tears like a broken little girl. That may be a direct quote.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to be Angie and Marlon as little kids!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-06 05:46 by swiss.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2010 06:10

Blame Keith for exposing his old lady to that scene in Jamaica. Any intelligent person knows well enough to avoid that place.

Even today they warn tourists not to venture beyond the resorts and into the towns. I would never myself even consider visiting that place. Even for free all expenses paid.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 6, 2010 07:16

The Sicilian
Blame Keith for exposing his old lady to that scene in Jamaica. Any intelligent person knows well enough to avoid that place.

Even today they warn tourists not to venture beyond the resorts and into the towns. I would never myself even consider visiting that place. Even for free all expenses paid.

They were people who enjoyed living on the edge, and did so, each fully by choice. Jamaican life perfectly suited their needs and lifestyle. Anita is a strong-willed woman with a mind of her own, and she could have decided to live anywhere.

Date: February 6, 2010 07:20

Anita made choices; specifically, she chose to bring Rastafarians to a high-class 'white' hotel.

I think (can't recall for sure) that the reason Keith left Jamaica was because she had humiliated him with the Rastas.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2010 19:22

Bliss
Anita made choices; specifically, she chose to bring Rastafarians to a high-class 'white' hotel.

I think (can't recall for sure) that the reason Keith left Jamaica was because she had humiliated him with the Rastas.

Still he put her in that situation to begin with. Lots of tropical islands in the world to visit. Not one high on the list of a good place for a woman to hang out scoring dope either.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: February 6, 2010 20:57

Anita always lived life on the edge. It doesn't mean she deserved to be brutally raped by inmates AND jailers. Very sad for both her and Keith.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 7, 2010 01:16

Marshall, I don't know if you have offended Noone because I've never seen him on here.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 7, 2010 01:35

noone, what a chump - singing for Herman's Hermits and all - I hope to offend him too. >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-07 01:37 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: February 7, 2010 02:08

>>>Anita always lived life on the edge. It doesn't mean she deserved to be brutally raped by inmates AND jailers.

Very true. It seems as she got deeper into heroin her judgement got worse, even though she wasn't subject to the ordinary concerns of other addicts, eg, how to pay for drugs.

Compare Anita in 1967 with the post-Nellcote era. All the flair, style, energy, excitement gone; she was just a shell of her former self.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home