Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Disgrunted fan club members
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 16, 2007 19:48

Just saw this on IMDB.com, it looks like Rolling Stones fans aren't the only ones who are pissed off.

The Hannah Montana fan club has hit back at devotees who are suing the organization over an alleged ticket fraud - branding their claims "false." Thousands of disappointed fans are taking legal action against the teen sensation's fan club after promises to find them priority seats for the singer's much-hyped concerts fell through. According to a lawsuit filed in Nashville, Tennessee, fan club bosses knew tickets wouldn't meet demands - but they still offered devotees choice seats as part of a membership perk. Hannah Montana is better known as Miley Cyrus, the 14-year-old daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, who plays the singer in her hit TV show. Her American summer Best Of Both Worlds Tour sold out almost instantly. The lawsuit names companies Interactive Media Marketing and Smiley Miley as defendants and is seeking triple damages for all members of the lawsuit and legal fees. Megan Prophet, a spokesperson for Cyrus, told MTV.com, "More than 70,000 MileyWorld members obtained concert tickets as a result of their membership in MileyWorld. MileyWorld members had far greater access to concert tickets than the general public and other fan clubs and the claim that the vast majority of MileyWorld members were unable to obtain concert tickets is simply false." But attorney Aaron Rihn, who is representing the disgruntled fans, says, "That's a very small percentage of Miley's actual fan base. That makes it more of a lottery than a realistic benefit of fan-club membership."

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Disgrunted fan club members
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 16, 2007 21:25

any lawyers out there want to comment on our potential case?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 16, 2007 21:32

smile: you a Hannah Montana fan, LQ? or do you mean you're thinking of suing rs.com?

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: November 16, 2007 21:36

more interesting with this case is the scalpers have the majority of the tickets and re selling them well beyond state laws and rules on scalping. Thats the part that is pissing so many off.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 16, 2007 22:08

buyer beware!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 16, 2007 22:23

This reminds me of the ticket frenzy the Stones used to command . I once drove from Massachusetts to New Jersey to pay $100.00 for $15.00 seats

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 16, 2007 22:50

>> to pay $100.00 for $15.00 seats <<

smile: "used to command"?
how much are we paying lately for the same sort of seats at Stones show?
(er ... sorry if the drive is the point - i always travel to Stones shows, so that part just seems normal!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-16 22:52 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2007 23:54

The entire Apish cyress clan will be on the "Okra Winfrey" show Monday. I kept my vomit bag from the 1970s movie "Mark of the Devil' Better yet, Watch Southpark or something else

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 17, 2007 00:21

hanah montana is one of those entertainers that ive heard of but don't know anything about and I'd like to keep it that way. Luckily this post didnt really tell me anything about her.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 17, 2007 00:47

Chris Fountain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The entire Apish cyress clan will be on the "Okra
> Winfrey" show Monday. I kept my vomit bag from
> the 1970s movie "Mark of the Devil' Better yet,
> Watch Southpark or something else

Sounds like you better have your Pink Phlegm-ingo Barf Bag ready as a back up!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 17, 2007 00:55

Sounds like that fan club is pretty organized... almost like Gazza might be a disgruntled member.

... !!! ... ??? ... !!! ...

Nah... couldn't be... ;-)

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 17, 2007 06:15

I still like my ZZ TOP Lifetime fan club membership. Paid a grand total of $100.00 in 1983 and they still honor their promise. Every tour I get 2 FREE Tickets for one show of my choice. Tickets are usually in the first 10 rows or first side section. Been to at least 15 of their shows and a few times offered me free tickets to other cities...and that was when they were selling out arenas.

Oh, The tickets always include two Aftershow backstage passes. Yes, the band or at least Billy Gibbons would visit us for a few minutes and usually pose for photos, sign a thing or two.

With the one time $100.00 payment in 1983 that also included a hand signed Lithograph signed by ZZ, 8x10 hand signed, satin tour jacket, pins, stickers and news letter a few times a year.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 17, 2007 11:11

trainarollin Wrote:
> I still like my ZZ TOP Lifetime fan club
> membership. Paid a grand total of $100.00 in 1983
> and they still honor their promise. Every tour I
> get 2 FREE Tickets for one show of my choice.
> Tickets are usually in the first 10 rows or first
> side section. Been to at least 15 of their shows
> and a few times offered me free tickets to other
> cities...and that was when they were selling out
> arenas.
>
> Oh, The tickets always include two Aftershow
> backstage passes. Yes, the band or at least Billy
> Gibbons would visit us for a few minutes and
> usually pose for photos, sign a thing or two.
>
> With the one time $100.00 payment in 1983 that
> also included a hand signed Lithograph signed by
> ZZ, 8x10 hand signed, satin tour jacket, pins,
> stickers and news letter a few times a year.

That's an amazing deal. But $100 was a lot in '83.

sssoul - i meant rs.com - but i am embarassed to say i do know who hannah montana is only because i saw billy ray cyrus and his daughter (aka hannah) doing a tv interview.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 17, 2007 11:18

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> to pay $100.00 for $15.00 seats <<
>
> smile: "used to command"?
> how much are we paying lately for the same sort of
> seats at Stones show?
> (er ... sorry if the drive is the point - i always
> travel to Stones shows, so that part just seems
> normal!)

My point being is that tickets were difficult to get . How hard was it to get tickets the last tour ? They were practically giving them away on show days .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-17 11:19 by boston2006.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 9, 2007 20:34

I want my... I want my... I want my DVD!

We were grumpy before the summer tour that none of the fan club swag had been received. Then as we contemplated mass complaints or refund request the baseball hats and personalized souvenir membership cards started to tricke in. (Have never worn a BB hat in my life, but regardless... it's here.) But what most people seem to want or at least wonder about is the Exclusive DVD.

Anybody seen a sign of it? Won't be long before the memberships are up for renewal and surely RS.com will be shaking us down for another year of dues if we want to improve chances of getting seats at a limited number of smaller North American gigs.

Anybody? Anyone at all..?

Do I hear crickets chirping?

Disgruntled in Toronto

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 9, 2007 21:10

here's a disgruntled from Berlin.

haven't heard or seen anything at all from rscom scum buckets

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 9, 2007 21:40

I went to the Dallas show in 05. I dont know what the specific tx laws are as there are tkt resale businesses in the papers but the tickets specifically say on the back "resale is prohibited by law". But it was going on like crazy right in front of cops outside. but the average fan doesnt hardly have a chance it seems!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home