Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vote for the stones to be the best rock band ever
Posted by: chavostone ()
Date: December 7, 2007 03:28

Vote them on www.votenumber1.com , dont let the boys loose!"!!
please , vote for em!!

Re: Vote for the stones to be the best rock band ever
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 7, 2007 03:38

please forgive me, nothing personal and i'm sure your thread will garner interest from others, but i was thinking:
who the hell is this marketing demogrpahy company and why should we care?
i quote from their site:
_____

VoteNumber1.com
58 Pine St.
New Canaan, Ct. 06840
Phone - (203)966 -1444
FAX - (203) 966-8131
Email: marketing@americasnexthit.com

ATTENTION ADVERTISERS:

RESERVE YOUR AD SPOT TODAY AND REACH A WORLDWIDE AUDIENCE

dosen't that sound like bullshit a little?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 03:38 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 7, 2007 03:46

this thread was posted and deleted two days ago, why do this nonsence again

Date: December 7, 2007 03:53

Whoever is voting on that web page is giving Queen and Brian May way too much credit.ABB surpasses Queen's all time output in my honest opinion.

Date: December 7, 2007 09:42

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this thread was posted and deleted two days ago,
> why do this nonsence again

oh was that the same guy? thanks melillo...makes sense now; this guy just joined (registered 12/7/07; first post this thread.
an advert hack for this company's promo effort; which is disingenuous at best; aw, it's just plain dishonest and the "americasnexthit' company is dead in the water as far as i'm concerned.

I just called their phone number at 2:40 A.M. East coast time, (calling from the West Coast at 11:40 P.M.) and "Icon Limosuine"!!! assured me on tape that if i left my phone number they'd get back to me within 3 minutes for my limo service. I hung up and tried again thinking that i HAD to have mis-dialed.
nope. same shit.
!!??? scammers & dirty dogs i'd say...I"ll be watching for companies out of New Canaan, CT. and the area in the future for these skells.

Maybe this chavostone guy was just duped too, but his arrival date, a few quick posts and composing this thread promoting this poll all in the same day is a little suspicious. compound that with the same poll from the deleted thread you're mentioning from a few days ago, and we've got some game-players on our hands methinks. imo you are quite correct, same nonsense one mo time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 09:50 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 7, 2007 12:53

Stones Fans VOTE.

Date: December 7, 2007 13:59

i've got rt. 66 from camden '64 and just heard as tears go by from rcmh. then the september 9, '73 of street fighting man and it's like this flying hammer of angelic power...the rhythm guitar is so tough and authorative...almost vicious...you can pick out all the different players. bill kills, they all super kill...mickt is putting it all out and playing from many different ancient styles all at once...but he's rocking...they speed up at the end; it's a whirling dervish and a living thing of power...it's a force of nature...but it's ONE sound...like a flying hammer or missile or meteor or something...it transcends the words and the lyrics; the sound itself is this living hurtling viciously precise and creatively loose flying hammer of immense natural force...it transcends time; it's like an ancient sound that has always existed somewhere, like around a hurricane or electric storm or something...you can hear the centuries in taylors changes and note selection...the whole thing is this one incredible thing...the radio city thing is so sweet and touching...
and i just heard the jerry lee lewis version of 'evening gown' with mick and ronnie and it's just heaven...

oh yeh that '73 sfm is intense...and angelic, even in the midst of all the heavy winds and great power...

as for voting and this company etc...i don't know who this promotion company is, might just be creative marketing & promotion for whatever; not saying it's evil; they probably own that one unknown band that is linked from their site...who cares...where's the credibility or ability to promote the results...or it a way of sucking off the fame of real historic bands for some other promotion; cretive marketing is legal; i just don't who they are or care...they are promoting something else methinks and this promotion is the guy in the bear suit and sandwich board and balloons waving to the traffic outside the used car store...it's not just some grass roots movement someone organized, neither is it associated with a publication of any kind, web or print...so it's just irrelevant. to me. i'm a bad bad fan i know...maybe i'll be forgiven in the next life.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:31

This voting-spam on IORR should be removed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home