Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: The Who to Play Quadrophenia
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 5, 2010 12:54

Absolutely gutted. It was impossible to get through on any of the appointed ticket agencies for either The Specials or The Who tickets and they're already fetching big money on those licensed ticket tout sites such as Double 8 or Getmein. How those bastards get tickets I don't know. It's such a bloody con.

You can still get row X in the nosebleeds for about £175. You'll need to bring your own telescope for that. Disgusting.

If anyone has a spare for either of those shows the money is ready and waiting.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 5, 2010 12:57

i gave up - i was only prepared to pay up to £40-£50 for a ticket, but that category was impossible to access.
I know it's a charity doo (and an excellent charity at that)
- but the pricing takes the piss.

Date: February 5, 2010 13:02

Are you going to try on the night Ade? I might. In the past I've been lucky. Do you know if The Specials are doing another UK tour?

Date: February 5, 2010 13:10

not heard anything regarding The Specials, mate, hope so though.

As for walking down there on the night - i may well do, but i usually have no luck whenever i've done that.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 5, 2010 14:51

Silver Dagger
Are you going to try on the night Ade? I might. In the past I've been lucky. Do you know if The Specials are doing another UK tour?

The Specials are doing an Xmas tour this year - culminating in Leamington Spa. It won't be as extensive as last year's jaunt. Won't be announced until September though.

Date: February 5, 2010 14:52

Silver Dagger
Absolutely gutted. It was impossible to get through on any of the appointed ticket agencies for either The Specials or The Who tickets and they're already fetching big money on those licensed ticket tout sites such as Double 8 or Getmein. How those bastards get tickets I don't know. It's such a bloody con.

You can still get row X in the nosebleeds for about £175. You'll need to bring your own telescope for that. Disgusting.

If anyone has a spare for either of those shows the money is ready and waiting.

It is revolting, you're right. To make it worse, tickets appeared on Ebay within minutes of going on sale. Meanwhile most fans were still trying to onto the sites. Something seriously fishy there.

Date: February 5, 2010 15:07

Nikolai
Silver Dagger

The Specials are doing an Xmas tour this year - culminating in Leamington Spa. It won't be as extensive as last year's jaunt. Won't be announced until September though.

thanks for the heads-up -bring on Xmas!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:12

Speaking personally, and having seen the Who twice already at the RAH, I think it is an absolutely crap venue, and in no way suitable for rock gigs.

Anyway, they'll probably tour with Quadraphenia in late spring/early summer when we'll have genuine Who fans in the audience as opposed to the fly-by-nights who get handed these tickets to them on a plate.

Date: February 5, 2010 16:19

you're correct, in regard to the RAH as rock venue - it's so sterile and cold.

The TCT concerts are for such a magnificent cause
(and why Daltrey hasn't been knighted for his work with TCT is beyond me), but the concerts do attract and favour the corporate, prawn sandwhich eating, brigade.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:34

Wise words as usual, LOGIE!

Date: February 5, 2010 16:37

LOGIE
Speaking personally, and having seen the Who twice already at the RAH, I think it is an absolutely crap venue, and in no way suitable for rock gigs.

Anyway, they'll probably tour with Quadraphenia in late spring/early summer when we'll have genuine Who fans in the audience as opposed to the fly-by-nights who get handed these tickets to them on a plate.

The Who have no plans to tour this year, as far as I know. Pete's said as much in a recent interview.

They're doing this gig and the Superbowl, then Daltrey's doing more solo gigs, supporting Eric Clapton in April/May. The new album - Floss - will be out later this year.

Things may change, of course.

Date: February 5, 2010 17:17

Nikolai

It is revolting, you're right. To make it worse, tickets appeared on Ebay within minutes of going on sale. Meanwhile most fans were still trying to onto the sites. Something seriously fishy there.

Date: February 5, 2010 20:47

Nikolai
LOGIE

The Who have no plans to tour this year, as far as I know. Pete's said as much in a recent interview.

thanks for the update

They're doing this gig and the Superbowl, then Daltrey's doing more solo gigs, supporting Eric Clapton in April/May. The new album - Floss - will be out later this year.

Things may change, of course.

Date: February 5, 2010 21:44

Hi guys, I started a separate thread about this after finding out that one of the ticket agencies offering quality seats at sky high prices is owned by.....Ticketmaster. Un - be - fukcing - lievable.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 5, 2010 22:10

sweetcharmedlife
Yoko Daltrey can't sing anymore period.

Lol Yoko Daltry! A very apt description based on the solo Daltry show I had the misfortune to attend around Thanksgiving.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home