Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How would you feel at the age 66? (if you ever make it)
Date: February 2, 2010 16:18

Our "boys" of 66 did not invent merchandising. The Beatles did way more than the Stones did. And the Stones certainly did not invent PA systems.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 2, 2010 16:40

Actually, you feel the same. You just look like hell.

Date: February 2, 2010 17:16

Carnaby
Actually, you feel the same. You just look like hell.

haha...that is funny. Reminds me of Daltrey last night. I was watching this special to the Who with Pearl Jam, Flaming Lips etc doing a tribute to the Who. Then at the end the Who come out. I think - even without Moon and Entwhistle - they are enormous. Pete was incredible on guitar; incredible! And Zak Starkey was awesome. Anyway Roger Daltrey said that he did not see any reason why he and Pete couldn't carry on until they hit 90. "It might look like shit, but was going to sound great".

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 2, 2010 17:31

I hate it when someone writes "our boys". I mean, we are talking about men in their 60s we don't even know personally. "Our boys"...ugh.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 2, 2010 17:45

Bimmelzerbott
I hate it when someone writes "our boys". I mean, we are talking about men in their 60s we don't even know personally. "Our boys"...ugh.

have you seen some of the lyrics these "men" have been writing in their 60's?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 2, 2010 20:09

Palace Revolution 2000
Our "boys" of 66 did not invent merchandising. The Beatles did way more than the Stones did.
I thought the Monkees were the first ones to do merchanidising for a music group. I don't remember Beatles lunch boxes or any of that. Maybe they were around, but when you're in the first grade, it was the Monkees baybee! That's when artists started screaming about getting a bigger piece of the pie.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 2, 2010 20:46

>>>And hanging out at all the puff bars

what is that?

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: February 2, 2010 21:02

Hi whiskey - I am your age (be 67 in March) and also feeling fine, still going to rock concerts with my wife (she is 64) and marveling at performers in our age group like Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood ...

In 2008 we had the chance to see and hear our senior citizen Johnny Winter (from the front of the stage - yes it WAS LOUD, some younger guys left ...)

When I was a child I thought that people over 60 were "really old", now we just feel good ...

We only do the things we want to do - and those that are really necessary, like taking your pills regularly (including those blue ones, know what I mean ?)

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 2, 2010 21:26

My dad turns 66 on the 18th. I imagine I won't be feeling disimilar in 30 years.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 2, 2010 22:36

Bliss
>>>And hanging out at all the puff bars

what is that?

It's a euphemism for up-tight.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 3, 2010 02:27

Uptight is right. The effort and expense and sacrifice that will be involved to stay healthy and still attractive at 66 will be huge.

Getting old isn't for wimps.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: February 3, 2010 14:17

Hi Wolfi,Thank god I have found someone the same age on this board.Dont know about the pills, I be 67 in march but my wife turns 48 in july(nudge nudge wink wink).Still workin in the steel game and will be for awhile yet, but the arthritis gives me curry from time to time. I live next to a great beach so enjoy an occasional swim after work, love my RnR and other music,love my whiskey now I can afford the good stuff so life aint too bad. Ive been ugly all my life so dont have a problem how I look.Life is grand, I feel sorry for the younger set.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: February 3, 2010 14:22

If I make it to 66 then I just hope that I will get some kind retirement before I get to 70. That's all. It's not likely that I will change as a person.
If I don't make it...well, thank you, goodbye, auf wiedersehen, farewell. It's been an interesting ride.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 19:34 by tonterapi.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: February 3, 2010 16:39

I still wonder how chuck berry makes it.. 84 this year, thats a damn good job! and really, 20 years ago when he was at the stones age, today people think hes young on those footages smiling smiley

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:34

Loudei
I think is a great question. I am 38 but my father is 62, and over the last few years he has really notably declined.
........... If he was a musician , a guitar player i am sure he could do it, his fingers are working great, and he would nt have half the stress he has from ordinary life

Musicians have 50% less stress than people with regular jobs ? Strange, this does not seem to apply to the musicians that I know. On the contrary, I would argue they experience more stress than people working outside the music business.

Date: February 4, 2010 00:31

Bliss
Uptight is right. The effort and expense and sacrifice that will be involved to stay healthy and still attractive at 66 will be huge.

Getting old isn't for wimps.

You got to be young, that's all I can say. Better hope for the stem cell/genetic cure, because otherwise you'll be as screwed as everyone else. You certainly aren't going to be attractive. Nobody is. I used to look at old ballplayers complaining about their knees and how broken down they were once they got around 50, and I'd think 'boy that must suck when you're that old' like it somehow didn't apply to me. Now that I'm that age, my knees are so @#$%& up you wouldn't believe it. I know I couldn't believe it. Your joints stop lubricating themselves, and if you exercise enough, you'll be bone-on-bone, but before that you'll have calcium deposits and arthritis. That's if you've actually done a lot of physical activity. But, it's like everything else in life, you can tell someone about it until you're blue, but until it happens to you, it's not real.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: February 5, 2010 21:20

i am 58 living in iceland, playing onece a week soccer with my workcollegues some of them under30, me being far the oldest, love every minute of it use all my experience...
play rock and roll as well
being sensitive person I hate this crisis thing and all the media talk every day people accusing each other for the crisis,
am worried for my grandckildren being born in to this but ,,,, like they say
rock on ! smiling smiley

Date: February 5, 2010 21:26

>>>You certainly aren't going to be attractive.

There are plenty of exceptions which give me hope, at least by showing what is theoretically possible.

At the very least, I will be slim, well-dressed, with a modern haircut with all grey hair concealed. I might not look young, but I won't be unattractive.

Date: February 5, 2010 22:20

Bliss
>>>You certainly aren't going to be attractive.

There are plenty of exceptions which give me hope, at least by showing what is theoretically possible.

At the very least, I will be slim, well-dressed, with a modern haircut with all grey hair concealed. I might not look young, but I won't be unattractive.

Yeah, like I said, if they come up with the treatments they're talking about, you probably won't have to worry about getting ugly even then. If they say you could live 130-40 years a couple of decades from now, I mean, you could probably be 100 and still look decent. There's a thought for you. They also talk about reversing the aging process too. It's a tangled web right now>

Because it is better to look good than it is to feel good. Unless you feel like sh*t then you don't care what you look like

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home