Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: To Still Be A Fan...
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 3, 2010 00:01

Erik_Snow
bassplayer617
Ok -- obviously everyone's getting antsy because of the lack of MUSIC news from the Stones' camp.

My suggestion would be to step away from the posting for a moment, and just crank up a fave Stones song or several of them.

You should have become a teacher, bassplayer. For young children...

I am trying, but a few of the brats, umm, kids, refuse to listen... that's it, then. NO MILK & COOKIE BREAK FOR YOU TODAY.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 3, 2010 00:06

Impressive and awful don't exclude each other. But to be on topic again: I consider myself as someone who loves the great music of The Rolling Stones. The word 'fan' sounds a bit childish in my adult ears.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 3, 2010 00:29

kleermaker
Impressive and awful don't exclude each other. But to be on topic again: I consider myself as someone who loves the great music of The Rolling Stones. The word 'fan' sounds a bit childish in my adult ears.

That´s in fact new : Just had realized your understandable MT enthusiasm and thought
your love of " the great music of the Rolling Stones" may be limited to the period
he participated......but I may be wrong,of course.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 3, 2010 00:52

oh, the humanity

Date: February 3, 2010 00:57

shortfatfanny
kleermaker

That´s in fact new : Just had realized your understandable MT enthusiasm and thought
your love of " the great music of the Rolling Stones" may be limited to the period
he participated......but I may be wrong,of course.

Yes you are, I have said that I also really like some studiowork after Taylor (but no live work), and I like also the Jones-era, in which I discovered the Stones and felt attracted to their music for the first time. I still like Their satanic, Aftermath, Between the buttons, Through the past, darkly etc. and more. But live it's all over for me, having been at the concerts in 76 and 82 en having heard the albums Love you live, Still live etc.

But indeed, these days I'm especially interested in the Taylor-era, particularly in the live work, thus mostly bootlegs from that period. But I remember having sat in the garden in the sun this summer with Between the buttons and GHS and Steel wheels in my ears. Though, I must admit that I'm not so familiar with the latest albums. I mean, I know all the music but can't say what music is on Steel wheels, A bigger bang etc., whilst you can wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me what songs are on Ya ya's, LIB, BB, SF, Exile, GHS and I can mention them all, even in the just order I guesswinking smiley.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 3, 2010 01:12

kleermaker
I must admit that I'm not so familiar with the latest albums. I mean, I know all the music but can't say what music is on Steel wheels, A bigger bang etc., whilst you can wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me what songs are on Ya ya's, LIB, BB, SF, Exile, GHS and I can mention them all, even in the just order I guess.

To be honest,I might have similar abilities and difficulties...but I don´t mind.
Can´t agree concerning the live stuff....there are some great ones to pick and listen to,even past ´82....

Date: February 4, 2010 03:54

MARSBAR
kleermaker
MARSBAR
I like some classical,but I cannot stand Opera,someone standing two feet from you on a stage belting out with a powerful voice in your ear!!!!I like Opera Whinfrey thogrinning smiley

Reading your comment I'm pretty sure that you've never attended one of the great Mozart operas, Figaro, Don Giovanni, Cosi and The magic flute. You must experience it live. Even me, when I already was a great Mozart fan, was very sceptical about going to one of those operas, but they were stunning. My wife even doesn't like Mozart's music, but she was very positively amazed. She was really overwhelmed by the music, the drama. Just like I was, the first time. Which was only some years ago. You don't know what you're talking about, that's what I think, but I can be wrong.
I didnt say opera was no good..I said I cannot stand it,never could,and no I have never been to opera for that very reason,I admire the amazing voices,but I would be bored outa my skull after about 10 minutes of it live.I love some classical music,but I wouldnt go and sit and listen to it live,again...I would be bored very quickly,but thats just me.smoking smiley

MARSBAR, I've just attended Le nozze di Figaro in Amsterdam. From 7 pm until 10.45 pm, 57 euro's. The greatest music I EVER heard, and you know I'm a lifetime Stonesmusic fan, yes, also before and after M.T. But nothing beats this Mozart-opera live experience. Just can't describe it, you have to EXPERIENCE it yourself. My wife is still wild about it too. Never heard such stunningly beautiful and moving music.

Here's a clip, and if these guys can appreciate it I think you can toowinking smiley. Try it out. Well, now I'll shut up about Mozart before Behroez is gonna hunting me downcool smiley.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 4, 2010 05:08

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-04 05:09 by ryanpow.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 4, 2010 16:14

I'll always be a fan of the RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great set list behroez!!!!!the best setlist i ever saw

Ronnie es cojonudo!

Posted by: Shine_A_Light ()
Date: February 15, 2010 09:51

That's totally right my friend! And it's funny how I liked the Stones since my very 9 or 10 years, listening "Love is Strong" and "You got me rocking" on MTV when they were going on tour to Buenos Aires, Argentina, for the first time. Back in 1995

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 15, 2010 14:35

I thought A Bigger Bang was a great album. It is different from all the others and most critics gave it good reviews. I just wish they had played more of the new ones on their last tour.

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:29

What A Drag it is getting old

Time waits for No One

If you cant Rock me somebody will

Its All over now

Its Only Rock n Roll

May be The Last Time
I dont Know

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home